• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Daniel Sedin hits harder than Delicious Pancakes...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Torres too but I need to see a different angle of that hit on Stoll before I'd agree to any kind of supplementary discipline... can't tell if he hits head head (looks like a) he gets shoulder and b) Stoll's head is low since he's crouching over). /shrug

Hope Stoll is OK but doesn't look like he played after the hit... here's the TOI I just parsed: NHL Game Stats Parser

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Quick keeps playing between the pipes like he did tonight, the Kings will be tough to beat.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, good game and solid win for you guys, Dave and Nate!

At least it was entertaining to watch. Good pace for most of the game out there.

Hopefully the Sharks score a goal or two on Thursday.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I thought that the Sharks carried the play in the first and third periods. They just need to get more bodies in front of Quick. L.A.out worked the Sharks in front boxed out any rebound chances.

Good game by the Kings, hopefully the Sharks can steal the next one and make a series out of it.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings looked very, very solid tonight.

Both Pens fans and Kings fans should be satisfied. The Sens and Sharks have to do some thinking or else I see Pitt and LA coasting in 4-5 games.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches going to defend their players but still...

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what is and isn't a penalty anymore...However, I do think that Stoll's head was the principal point of contact and it looks to me that it does violate Rule 48.

/But as somebody pointed out earlier today, who needs rules?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Torres too but I need to see a different angle of that hit on Stoll before I'd agree to any kind of supplementary discipline... can't tell if he hits head head (looks like a) he gets shoulder and b) Stoll's head is low since he's crouching over). /shrug

Hope Stoll is OK but doesn't look like he played after the hit... here's the TOI I just parsed: NHL Game Stats Parser

yeah, Torres is a cockwad, but oh well. Don't expect anything out of Shanahan. BTW great work on the stats! :suds:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like he hit the head and the shoulder, from the only angle I have seen it is tough to tell which was first. But given that it is Torres I think that he gets suspended. Even in teal I hate that guy, he does fill a big need for this team but I can't get over his track record.

Also, it looked like one of the Kings (not sure if it was Brown or Penner) had a similar hit later in the period but I didn't see it get replayed so I could be talking out of my ass.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Penner, but I thought it was more shoulder-to-shoulder...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Torres is a cockwad, but oh well. Don't expect anything out of Shanahan. BTW great work on the stats! :suds:

Don't get me wrong... I hate Torres as much as everyone else (he single-handedly eliminated the Sharks from the playoffs twice by taking out Michalek and Thornton... then the Hossa stuff and on and on), but I think that hit was pretty clean (still without seeing other angles/replays).

And re: stats parsing, thanks. Here are the even strength/Corsi numbers if anyone cares:

NHL Game Stats Parser

Heavily tilted in the Sharks' favor due to score effects and Kings sitting back in the 3rd but anyway.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings looked very, very solid tonight.

Both Pens fans and Kings fans should be satisfied. The Sens and Sharks have to do some thinking or else I see Pitt and LA coasting in 4-5 games.

Maybe this is a homer post, but I think the Sharks did enough to win. They need to win the battle in front of Quick but overall they carried the play.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaffiTorresIsAMonkey.gif

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is a homer post, but I think the Sharks did enough to win. They need to win the battle in front of Quick but overall they carried the play.

I really think the Sharks have something to build off of for game 2. The third period was all Sharks. Solve Quick and you win the series. 0 shots from Kopitar is not a good thing.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Sharks have something to build off of for game 2. The third period was all Sharks. Solve Quick and you win the series. 0 shots from Kopitar is not a good thing.

The Kings absolutely dominated the space in front of Quick, and didnt give up a single good rebound chance or a good slot shot, thus they earned the win. BUT, the Sharks were the better team everywhere else on the ice. Until the Sharks can find a way to win that ice in front of Quick it will be hard to win.