• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 back

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at 5 games back, but if he was on waivers at this time last week it would have been a different story.

But would it have been? Is he a 3 WAR player in a week? Maybe we'd have got 1 more win, and that's IF he'd come here...

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But would it have been? Is he a 3 WAR player in a week? Maybe we'd have got 1 more win, and that's IF he'd come here...

He wouldn't have hurt things. but I think this team is beyond the point of bandaids and patches being the solution.

What we have is what we got, and even though it ain't pretty to watch, lets hope for the best!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You can know with your head that we have little chance of making it, but still root with your heart for a miracle.

+1. That's exactly the way I'm playing it. I was 13-3 in games attended yesterday, and heading into a Monday night game against the Chubbs with Freak on the mound.

We got blown out.

OTOH, contrast the prudently hoping for a miracle stance vs. the "I told you the season was over in Cincy" pantshat. Only an utter sack of douche would take the latter stance.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He doesn't have a NTC. Also I don't know that WAR can be applied over a small sample like a week's worth of games in that manner. The potential 1 WAR that Berkman could accumulate would be spread over several games which might make a difference of scoring another run or 2 in a few games. Either way this is all speculation and selling another part of the future for Berkman at this point in the season and standings would be kind of stupid.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...at least the WC is a lock for sure now for ATL

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants don't make it, the Braves will be the team I root for in the NL.

This...

For the most part, their fans are cool, and they REALLY ate it last year in the playoffs. They deserve more...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants don't make it, the Braves will be the team I root for in the NL.

Hard for me to choose between them or Milwaukee, who have never won a ring.

Edit: the Brewers I mean. The Milwaukee Braves did in 1957.

For sure I'm ABP (Anyone But Phils).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cal, i know you know the minors well. could peguero be the starting cf next year if we dont sign someone like coco?

I think he has a shot. I expect him to get his cup of coffee this year, and if he does well, then the team may essentially mark him as the starter going into the off season, and only look for a back up plan. If he not, he will be the backup plan, or simply be given a punchers shot at the job in spring.

With him and Brown both being essentially the same age and both coming up at essentially the same time, it make the dynamics real interesting.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he has a shot. I expect him to get his cup of coffee this year, and if he does well, then the team may essentially mark him as the starter going into the off season, and only look for a back up plan. If he not, he will be the backup plan, or simply be given a punchers shot at the job in spring.

With him and Brown both being essentially the same age and both coming up at essentially the same time, it make the dynamics real interesting.

I would be way more excited by Peguero if he could take a walk :(

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anybody have an ETA on Joe Panik? He seems like a guy that could contribute soon, or rather might get pushed to contribute soon as a SS.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be on a Belt track starting next year. If he performs, he advances.

Best case scenario has him getting a sip next Sept, then contending for a job in '13...

Edit: Sorry, this was in response to Panik...

Last edited by a moderator:

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks cal, I look forward to watching him play

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does anybody have an ETA on Joe Panik? He seems like a guy that could contribute soon, or rather might get pushed to contribute soon as a SS.

He'll probably start next year in San Jose. Normally I would say he would split the year between A/AA, but the org seems to not be rushing Brown, so they may take the same approach with him.

As for playing SS, maybe, maybe not. He tore his labrum on his throwing shoulder during his freshman year at St. Johns, and a lot of scouts are questioning his ability to make the throws at ML level against ML speed. Almost all of the post drafts reports on him assume he will be converted to 2B.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard for me to choose between them or Milwaukee, who have never won a ring.

Edit: the Brewers I mean. The Milwaukee Braves did in 1957.

For sure I'm ABP (Anyone But Phils).

Call me a nasty bastard...but I will be rooting for whichever team Philly faces...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a nasty bastard...but I will be rooting for whichever team Philly faces...

Looks like you have new nic on this board...

You asked for it...

Time to change the caption on your account :)