• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/29 Gnats @ Jints

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he was getting carried off, it kinda looked like he was crying. If it was him getting the '14 monkey off his back, I can understand the flow of emotion. But he has to remember, there's no crying in baseball...

This whole thing is just weird. I don't know what to think and I doubt we'll ever get enough intel to go off of to really know.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the brawl again.

Pence was on the field, and he is on the DL. Isn't that against the rules? Is he facing a suspension for that?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another forgotten aspect...

This situation MAY put a sell-by date on Strickland Giants career. Harper been a rumored future Giant pretty much ever since the 2014 Series win, and he hasn't signed anything long term with the Nats (with his praising of the Giants org and his lack of long term plans with the Nats...).

If there is ANY actual meat to those rumors, you gotta think that these two will have a hard time coexisting, and there is little question who would win that political battle if it ever came to it.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting, I hadn't considered that possibility.

I saw Posey standing there and honestly figured he was just smartly staying out of it (and the umpire even nudged Posey aside a little, as if to say "I've got this").

But I can totally see Posey saying that. Also, I'm 100% fine with him standing there. Don't want him going into that pile and then getting tackled recklessly.
This article (By hitting Bryce Harper, Hunter Strickland stupidly puts teammates at risk) mentions the infielders also took their time getting into the situation. I'd say it was more than just Posey who wanted nothing to do with the situation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This situation MAY put a sell-by date on Strickland Giants career. Harper been a rumored future Giant pretty much ever since the 2014 Series win, and he hasn't signed anything long term with the Nats (with his praising of the Giants org and his lack of long term plans with the Nats...).

If there is ANY actual meat to those rumors, you gotta think that these two will have a hard time coexisting, and there is little question who would win that political battle if it ever came to it.
cal, don't you know ANYthing? Its practically already finished business that Harper (and Manny Machado too) will be a Yankee the very second he becomes a free agent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cal, don't you know ANYthing? Its practically already finished business that Harper (and Manny Machado too) will be a Yankee the very second he becomes a free agent.
Following Bonds to the pinstripes?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the brawl again.

Pence was on the field, and he is on the DL. Isn't that against the rules? Is he facing a suspension for that?

Yeah Bum stayed off because he's on the DL (or maybe didn't want to get involved anyway), but Pence was obviously the one dragging Strickland off the field. Maybe circumstance matters, maybe video shows Pence only went out there to get Strickland off the field, and not to join the fray, which pardons him? But there are plenty of other dudes for that. IDK

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking pipe dream at best before, Giants aren't exactly financially set up to shell out $350M-$400M contracts until Bum's contract is resolved.

But even so, this probably doesn't move the needle much when it comes down to brass tacks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper gut 4 games. Strick got 6.

Nats got screwed in this situation. Harper is their super-stud, Strick is our contributing middle reliever. It will cost Harper approx 16 ABs, it will cost Strick approx 6 outs.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nats got screwed in this situation. Harper is their super-stud, Strick is our contributing middle reliever. It will cost Harper approx 16 ABs, it will cost Strick approx 6 outs.

Yeah, and no one else was mentioned on either side. Pretty soft blow for the Giants, suspension wise. Still have to face the consequences outside of the inevitable suspensions.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and no one else was mentioned on either side. Pretty soft blow for the Giants, suspension wise. Still have to face the consequences outside of the inevitable suspensions.
Personally, I would like to see suspensions for idiotic things like this to be longer. Would Strickland had thrown a 98 MPH heater into a batter's hip had he known a 20 or 30 game suspension was coming his way? Would Harper had charged the mound and thrown his helmet had he known a 15 game suspension could have happened? Sure, but I think both would have thought harder about doing it, and would have been less likely to have committed these less than smart actions if the consequences were more steep.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants have lost in every way possible this year, and now we lose the suspension battle, too, 6-4. :tsk:

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Harper that his aim was so bad with the helmet throw. Could have been more games for him. Selfish move by Strickland in putting his personal vendetta ahead of the team.

Also, funny how Posey got crushed on social media for being soft. What a joke.