• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.28 Ladyhorseys @ Wholestaff (6:45 pm)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the logic of including the numbers. But I have problems with including them as well.

1) The data integrity, which I have mentioned elsewhere, is a real concern.

2) Could this be a slippery slop? If we are including the N-League, why not include Japan or Korea or Indian or Mexican or Cuban or…. The N-Leagues (was there a single league, or just a collection of barnstorming teams that tended to play each each other?) were the apex that a certain group of players could achieve. But couldn’t the same be said about the other national leagues across the world? Why treat the N-Leagues special?

3) The “MLB” is a legal entity. And the N-Leagues were not associated with MLB at the time. Why rewrite history at this point? Are there any legal assets held together under some kind of N-League umbrella? Who owns that entity?

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the logic of including the numbers. But I have problems with including them as well.

2) Could this be a slippery slop? If we are including the N-League, why not include Japan or Korea or Indian or Mexican or Cuban or…. The N-Leagues (was there a single league, or just a collection of barnstorming teams that tended to play each each other?) were the apex that a certain group of players could achieve. But couldn’t the same be said about the other national leagues across the world? Why treat the N-Leagues special?

3) The “MLB” is a legal entity. And the N-Leagues were not associated with MLB at the time. Why rewrite history at this point? Are there any legal assets held together under some kind of N-League umbrella? Who owns that entity?
This

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already agreed with you #1 is a real issue

#2 isn’t because the stats would still be for American major leagues. That’s the cutoff. And the slippery slope fallacy is usually pretty dumb. Can’t let gay people get married, or soon they will let you marry your cat!

#3 MLB was not a meaningful legal entity for the first decades of the leagues and we still use those stats. The legal details aren’t relevant anyway to stats recording what the players did

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not “this” for you LOL. You’ve been who you are here for 14 years
Nope. CalSnowskier hit the nail on the head. It just goes down easier when your nonsense is called out by the moderator rather than the new guy

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. CalSnowskier hit the nail on the head. It just goes down easier when your nonsense is called out by the moderator rather than the new guy
This shit never worked on me with your other handles but of course you can’t help yourself

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit never worked on me with your other handles but of course you can’t help yourself
You look silly with all this super sleuth nonsense. Your detective work is almost as lacking as your reasoning ability

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adios, Nolan...er..Montal...er... All Along...er...Brightboat

You got your week of attention whorism.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game is getting ready to start. Got your spare diaper?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You telling cal to pull the plug on him? I don’t care if he stays but I won’t object if he gets banned again from here

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You telling cal to pull the plug on him? I don’t care if he stays but I won’t object if he gets banned again from here
Cal will make his own decision. 15 years later this clown is still a massive irritant.