• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/19 doyers @ Champs

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almond-milk-smoothie-1024x682.jpg

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nori Aoki (L) LF
2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
3. Angel Pagan (S) CF
4. Buster Posey (R) C
5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
6. Hunter Pence (R) RF
7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
8. Casey McGehee (R) 3B
9. Tim Hudson (R) P

Piggy, AGon, Grundle, and Crawford with Huddy ownage.
nobody with significant ABs vs. Frias, but Stamos has taken him deep.

We're gonna need to slug this one out. Partly cloudy with a chance of shitshows.

good guys, 6-5

Nailed it! :heh:

Definitely tzill approved tonight

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've almost always liked Adrian Beltre. I only didn't like him when he was in LA. I could get behind this. As Grant mentions in the article though, this would throw a wrench into our offseason plans (ideally of signing a top of the line pitcher or two), so it could be risky.

If Heston is for real that changes the calculus a bit....

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Heston is for real that changes the calculus a bit....

Heston has been interesting so far, to say the least. He's either been an absolute disaster (3 starts) or very good/dominant (5 starts). His peripheral stats have suggested he's been a good 4 or solid 3 starter. I'm not ready to believe in him yet, maybe after a few more starts. But you are right, if he keeps this up then the Giants only have to open their wallets for one top of the line starter (CUETO!!).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget. Heston is not the ONLY MLB ready SP we have ready to graduate this year. Blach and Blackburn both look ready to graduate sometime this season as well, with Crick, Mejia, and Stratton, potentially ready by next season as well.

While I would love getting Cueto or Price, I am not convinced either are required.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget. Heston is not the ONLY MLB ready SP we have ready to graduate this year. Blach and Blackburn both look ready to graduate sometime this season as well, with Crick, Mejia, and Stratton, potentially ready by next season as well.

While I would love getting Cueto or Price, I am not convinced either are required.

I think Crick is headed to the bullpen. That's just my gut feeling. They will continue to give him plenty of time to figure it out, but the only way I see him in SF next season is as a reliever. He's no where near ready as a starter.

I do like Blackburn a lot though.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crick is headed to the bullpen. That's just my gut feeling. They will continue to give him plenty of time to figure it out, but the only way I see him in SF next season is as a reliever. He's no where near ready as a starter.

I do like Blackburn a lot though.

Crick lasted 1.2 innings tonight and gave up three hits, three runs (two earned) four walks and three strikeouts in 54 pitches. If he doesn't learn some control, he's not moving past Richmond. On the season he's thrown 23.2 innings (6 starts), 18 hits, 6 earned runs, 17 walks :eek: and 31 strikeouts.

Blackburn melted down and gave up 8 earned runs in 5.1 innings (10 hits but not walks), pushing his ERA over 5.00. Still, the ball was flying in Albuquerque, and he has been pretty solid until tonight.

Blach is the guy to watch who is probably next in line after Heston.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Blackburn's line tonight, I see two issue...

1) He was not missing any bats. He still had a 9/1 GO/FO, though, so it LOOKS like he may have just been BABIP'd on a night where his K-game just wasn't working.

2) He still did not walk anyone. Again, without actually seeing the game, this tells me that his control was still pin-point, he was just unable to miss bats, and he was not getting any BABIP love at all.

Of course, you never like to see a prospect give up 8 ERs in 5 IP, but his peripherals do tell a slightly different tale.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game and watched Hudddy deal. A great performance..one of his best as a Giant. Giants win 2-0 and the bullpen was top notch. Another classic NL game . Kind of cold last night and the scoring just froze up at AT&T Park.Good times.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of starting pitching, nobody talks about Matt Cain around here or anywhere else...is he coming back? When? And do we care?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on how hard you want to compete though, cal. Bringing in a stud to go 1-2 with Bum isn't REQUIRED but it really is a deal that has to be made, when you are in the Dodgers' division. They gotta make a move or two not just use farm kids all the time. Next year only 2 SPs are on the books, Cain and Bum. So Heston if he sticks is another. Then you still have 2 spots...maybe another kid is one of them. But you gotta bring in a horse too. They will have Timmy and Hudson's $ to spend, I think they will get a stud.

And who knows, if Tim keeps this up would you be ok signing him to 2/18 for that 5th spot?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how hard you want to compete though, cal. Bringing in a stud to go 1-2 with Bum isn't REQUIRED but it really is a deal that has to be made, when you are in the Dodgers' division. They gotta make a move or two not just use farm kids all the time. Next year only 2 SPs are on the books, Cain and Bum. So Heston if he sticks is another. Then you still have 2 spots...maybe another kid is one of them. But you gotta bring in a horse too. They will have Timmy and Hudson's $ to spend, I think they will get a stud.

And who knows, if Tim keeps this up would you be ok signing him to 2/18 for that 5th spot?
IF (big if) Timmeh maintains his new form, I am 100% OK going 2/18, but with the understanding that he has to compete for the SP job. I think the bigger question is, if he has a BIG year, do you QO him? Any idea what a QO will be worth this coming year? I think it was approx 15M this last year. Maybe you QO him, but tell him he has an contract waiting for him if he can't find something better(??).

As for the rotation next year, Bum is one and I think we can pencil Heston in as a member of the rotation as well. Past that, I am not confident in anything. Cain MIGHT be back. Blach and Blackburn MIGHT be ready (and MIGHT still be in the org). Peavy is under contract, but I am not sure he will be on the roster. Huddy is gone. Vogey is a cockroach.

I kinda hope Price or Cueto are traded this year so they are UFAs. Then we wouldn't even have to risk our pick to get him.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, completely forgot about Peavy, which tells you something (in reply to cal)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF (big if) Timmeh maintains his new form, I am 100% OK going 2/18, but with the understanding that he has to compete for the SP job. I think the bigger question is, if he has a BIG year, do you QO him? Any idea what a QO will be worth this coming year? I think it was approx 15M this last year. Maybe you QO him, but tell him he has an contract waiting for him if he can't find something better(??).

As for the rotation next year, Bum is one and I think we can pencil Heston in as a member of the rotation as well. Past that, I am not confident in anything. Cain MIGHT be back. Blach and Blackburn MIGHT be ready (and MIGHT still be in the org). Peavy is under contract, but I am not sure he will be on the roster. Huddy is gone. Vogey is a cockroach.

I kinda hope Price or Cueto are traded this year so they are UFAs. Then we wouldn't even have to risk our pick to get him.

If Timmah maintains his new form (low 2 ERA, All Star), you won't be able to touch him for less than 3/60.

Two things:
1. He won't maintain his new form; and
2. We won't want the pitcher he will end up being.

Love the guy, all time Giant, but this is his swan song year as a Giant.

Of course, I reserve the right to be dead wrong....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Timmah maintains his new form (low 2 ERA, All Star), you won't be able to touch him for less than 3/60.

Two things:
1. He won't maintain his new form; and
2. We won't want the pitcher he will end up being.

Love the guy, all time Giant, but this is his swan song year as a Giant.

Of course, I reserve the right to be dead wrong....
You have a standing reservation at that restaurant, me thinks...

:dhd: