• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.17 Rook @ Commies

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia and Wisler are two of my three least favorite Giants.

All we needed was McGee for the trifecta.

I don't know how we keep winning, but I like it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia and Wisler are two of my three least favorite Giants.

All we needed was McGee for the trifecta.

I don't know how we keep winning, but I like it.
Starters still matter more than bullpens I guess

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, give the bully a 5 run lead and you probably win LOL
The key word is probably .... the pen is responsible for 10 of our 16 losses. In 4 of those losses they where handed a 4 run lead or MORE and lost the game.

IMHO ... we should have definately won at least 3 of those 4 games. As for the other 6 games ... we should have been able to take at least 3 of them. Hell that's only a 50% save rate in those other 6 games. That's 6 games that we lost and will never be able to get back. As bad as all this is ... we are still winning! This has only been possible because the SP has been absolutely fantastic. Just not sure what happens as the season wears on and the starters get a little tired.

FZ needs to fix the BP issues but I'm not sure how he can actually do that, This isn't just an issue with 1 or 2 relievers. The only stable reliever has been Tyler. Baragar has also been somewhat stable. The other 6 (or more) have been a real horror show.

I also feel that as good as Tyler has been .... he's really not suited to start an inning from the 10th on. These inning all start with a runner on 2nd base and Tyler is clearly a contact pitcher (only throws about 85MPH and is not s strikeout pitcher at all). There is a real good chance that the runner will score from 2nd base on most contact pitchers. Putting the ball in play tends to move the runner along.

I think the rest of this month will give us a real good idea of what this team can do. The Doyers will be a real test for the pen .... and the starters as well ...

• Useful
Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Why would you bring that back up. I had successfully repressed that bullpen
Come on...

Whats a little 3-run, 9th inning blown lead in an elimination game between friends?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on...

Whats a little 3-run, 9th inning blown lead in an elimination game between friends?
Lol, I remember my wife saying, “im so sorry, do you want me to give you some time” and I looked at her, smiled a bit and said something to the effect of “well they’ve given me 3 titles, and this bullpen has prepared me a ton this season for this result, so I’m good”

still was pissed and stunned internally, but handled it way better than usual.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key word is probably .... the pen is responsible for 10 of our 16 losses. In 4 of those losses they where handed a 4 run lead or MORE and lost the game.

IMHO ... we should have definately won at least 3 of those 4 games. As for the other 6 games ... we should have been able to take at least 3 of them. Hell that's only a 50% save rate in those other 6 games. That's 6 games that we lost and will never be able to get back. As bad as all this is ... we are still winning! This has only been possible because the SP has been absolutely fantastic. Just not sure what happens as the season wears on and the starters get a little tired.

FZ needs to fix the BP issues but I'm not sure how he can actually do that, This isn't just an issue with 1 or 2 relievers. The only stable reliever has been Tyler. Baragar has also been somewhat stable. The other 6 (or more) have been a real horror show.

I also feel that as good as Tyler has been .... he's really not suited to start an inning from the 10th on. These inning all start with a runner on 2nd base and Tyler is clearly a contact pitcher (only throws about 85MPH and is not s strikeout pitcher at all). There is a real good chance that the runner will score from 2nd base on most contact pitchers. Putting the ball in play tends to move the runner along.

I think the rest of this month will give us a real good idea of what this team can do. The Doyers will be a real test for the pen .... and the starters as well ...
Read Grant Brisbee's article today on the bullpen. It's astonishing how extreme the stats are. They are either top 3 or bottom 3 in most statistical categories. Bottom line, some of it might be just plain bad luck.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe by July...?

I mean several teams, including us, are living above their means. if we are still in the hunt by then... I'd think about making a deal. Hopefully some of the other clubs that are unexpectedly doing well now will have fallen by the wayside by then and be ready to deal...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we expect Brebbia? ASG?

And Beede should be ready soon-ish, right?

I expect Hildenberger to be with the big club within a week or so.

I would really like to see Doval down in the minors to rebuild his confidence. Dude is a scared puppy right now.

Wissler is DFA fodder.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we expect Brebbia? ASG?

And Beede should be ready soon-ish, right?

I expect Hildenberger to be with the big club within a week or so.

I would really like to see Doval down in the minors to rebuild his confidence. Dude is a scared puppy right now.

Wissler is DFA fodder.
We have Hildenberger? Edit: Just saw the transaction. He could be the 3rd guy instead of Sherfy, Leone or Cyr (see below).

Brebbia is expected, if I remember correctly, closer to the end of July/early August.

Beede has started rehab but is probably another 2 or 3 weeks from being ready.

Yes, send down Doval and let go both Wisler and Garcia. Call up someone, anyone from AAA. Jimmy Sherfy, Dominic Leone and Tyler Cyr are all off to good starts in their bullpen. Problem would be finding room for the 3rd guy as two of them could replace Wisler and Garcia.