• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-1 observations

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some Brett Brown we take the season in parts? I don't know how to break up 5-1 in a six game season.

Run D has been great.

Peters has been awesome.

Alston has drawn top guys. Wentz still went his way. There were some missed he should make as a one (flag or no flag). That being said, he's opening it up for everyone else. Torrey could have much better stats if he could catch a ball. Nelson has blown up even with some misses. Alshon has been a plus even if the stats don't show it. And he hasn't been a bitch about not putting up numbers. I know a winning record cures all ills, but he's been a great teammate for someone working on a one year deal.

Yeah, Blount is nice, crazy to think people wanted him gone a few weeks ago. We're a very reactionary base.

Kendricks was down after he re-upped. Don't know why Defensive guru didn't give him plays last year, he seems made for his defense. Guy can fly and is good when healthy. He's been good. Got more play with the other two missing time.

Nigel was on the beach with some cat stealing his sun block this game.

I don't want to project our secondary. That being said, where do you put Mills? I thought he played a great game. He got called for some bullshit flags. Touchy for sure. It reminds me of when we had Al Harris, cat drew flags left and right. Went to Green Bay, they never called that shit on him.

Peters told him not to miss and he hasn't missed. I trust in Jason Peters, thus I trust in the kicker. I was worried about Elliott making extra point when we first brought him on. After 61 everything has been gravy.

Probably like most of you when I saw the team come out there after the commercial break and we kicked the extra point I was wondering what was going on and was pissed that Doug was going for 2, as it seemed to serve no purpose. Well, it end up shaping future moves on the other side and being aggressive like that has to always give confidence in the players. I don't want to undersell it.

Not sure how things will shake out with Darby, but minus him, think the whole team should be ready to go and have some extra time to prepare. Really looking forward to it.

I know everyone says Mills is suited for the slot...but I think you start Darby/Mills and you play Robinson in the slot once Darby is healthy. For now. Then see how it goes. It’s nice to have some quality players at CB.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's so great. Jenkins is one of my favorites on this team right now. He's maybe as close to a Dawkins as we are ever going to get.

I'd buy a Jenkins jersey.

or Beau Allen

That’s just pure blasphemy. It’s not even fair to Jenkins to try to compare him to Dawkins. Jenkins is a good player...but they are different players.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just pure blasphemy. It’s not even fair to Jenkins to try to compare him to Dawkins. Jenkins is a good player...but they are different players.
I am no knocking him at all. I love what Jenkins brings to the field and what he does off the field. He is a leader on defense and his style reminds me of Dawk. I love it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not consider it as blashphemy. But I also don't think he is highlighting comparable playing styles, but the passion each guy brings to the field.

I agree that he is not up there with Dawkins, which I don't expect to see in leading by intensity. But, he is by far the closest to dawk we have seen by far.

Always a fan of the intense safety in a good D.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22540191_1461695717278507_7164698386178493094_n.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham has been killing it.

But I want to highlight Jernigan, Bradham and Robinson. Those guys helped take this defense to the next level. Our lower profile guys are playing great.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Alshon Jeffery, I hadn't realized but it was pointed out to me by a friend with Alshon on his fantasy team, that he has gone up against so far:

Josh Norman
Marcus Peters
Janoris Jenkins
Patrick Peterson

Not that he was great in the other two, but that is a hell of a start. Doubt any other WR in the league has faced more than 2 of those guys.

Last edited:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Alshon Jeffery, I hadn't realized but it was pointed out to me by a friend with Alshon on his fantasy team, that he has gone up against so far:

Josh Norman
Marcus Peters
Janoris Jenkins
Patrick Robinson

Not that he was great in the other two, but that is a hell of a start. Doubt any other WR in the league has faced more than 2 of those guys.

Great points. Top WR doesn't have to depend on stats alone. What I've noticed is his presence takes the attention of the D with it and helps others get open.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Norman
Marcus Peters
Janoris Jenkins
Patrick Robinson

Patrick Peterson. Although, if he went up against Patrick Robinson, he'd apparently be going up against the top-rated CB in the league so far this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Peterson. Although, if he went up against Patrick Robinson, he'd apparently be going up against the top-rated CB in the league so far this year.

Yes, lol, just saw that. Robinson has been playing so good I lumped him in that group.:D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points. Top WR doesn't have to depend on stats alone. What I've noticed is his presence takes the attention of the D with it and helps others get open.

Yup, it's not like Wentz has had trouble finding somewhere to go with the football.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it's not like Wentz has had trouble finding somewhere to go with the football.

I believe the big games will come. Norman won't be playing on Monday night. Alshon should be able to put up some numbers. He's got some favorable matchups later in the season. And honestly -- some of the other guys have stepped up so much that it hasn't mattered. Ertz and Agholor are having career years. I'm very happy with the way the offense is playing. I get that we all want to see tangible evidence that Alshon is a top receiver -- but anyone obsessing over his numbers needs to just relax a little bit.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Alshon. I just really haven't had much complaint. I think the synergy with Wentz is still developing. I also marvel how some look at a greatly improved offense and insist on just looking at a #1 WRs stat line.

His stat line has not been great yet. But his impact on the field is incredibly noticeable

some cannot help themselves. Many wanted to give up on Agholor and get rid of him. Ertz is soft, and we we need to get rid of him to. Blount is old and we were justified not running him once in a game, because we have no run game. Jeffries is not living up to his expectations. If we followed this, the way some had said, we would not be where we are right now. The team is coming together incredibly well. Wentz is developing and all these guys are playing incredible. Lets hope we peak at the right time and bring a ring home!!!! :)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw this is really good for anyone who hasn't seen it.

That's great.

The defensive leader believes in the QB. That's always big for a team.