• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-1 observations

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That run D was awesome!!!

2. Jason Peters still handles anybody of the left side. All the pressure was from the right or outside blitzes.

3. Wentz is spreading the ball around. Jeffery better start showing a bit more before he looks for the big contract payoff. At this point, any veteran can give us what he is giving.

4. Takes more than one guy to bring down Blount. Doug is swapping his RBs nicely.

5. Can’t say anything more about Wentz.

6. Kendrick’s with 17 tackles??!!! Dude is earning a new contract.

7. Never saw Bradham so fired up. Doug had the whole team amped up for this game.

8. Add Darby back in and potentially Sid Jones. We will have the best front seven AND defensive secondary in the division by far.

9. Not trusting the new kicker yet, but he had a good night.

10. Doug is growing balls. That two point conversion was nice.

11. Beat WAS next week and the division is ours.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no a lot to complain about when you are 5-1 except maybe we are not 6-0. :D

The team looks really good but the I am concerned about the running game. I haven't heard a good explanation why we aren't using Blount more. Other than that I am pretty happy.

G

greenwing

There is no a lot to complain about when you are 5-1 except maybe we are not 6-0. :D

The team looks really good but the I am concerned about the running game. I haven't heard a good explanation why we aren't using Blount more. Other than that I am pretty happy.

Not trying to complain but that unacceptable. There was no reason to keep trying to feed the ball to Barner. Just keep running Blount up the middle and play smash mouth until they can stop him which they weren't able to do. Doug has to get out of that habit and use his strengths for the rest of the season.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about...

1. Nelson Agholor stepping it up from last year
2. Michael Kendricks stepping it up from last year
3. Brandon Brooks playing fantastic
4. Patrick Robinson playing pretty darn well

4 surprises for me right there

Lastly, Nigel Bradham had his best game as an Eagle last night.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the 10th time... if Sidney Jones happens to be a stud its ON. Darby would be a fantastic 2 also.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are winning despite playing fairly soft coverage all game long, due to the lack of talent of our DBs. If guys like Darby and Jones turn out to be stronger cover corners, well, wow, we could have a championship defense.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks just signed a deal a couple years ago, so he s not going anywhere. He's just playing as well as he should have been the past 2 years. Not taking anything away from him, but maybe in 2 more years, then give him a new deal then if he's still playing at this level.

Agholor is playing the way I (and Rey) thought he would. His speed is showing what he had coming out of USC. He's letting it all hang out since he got his confidence back.

Elliott - I am sold on him. He's got a stronger leg than Sturgis, and even more accurate. Remember, Cincy spent a 5th pick on him. He just got beat out by the incumbent in Cincy.

We're going to go from a weak secondary to maybe the best by the end of the season.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually like the way they're using Blount.

Early to soften up the D.

Then save his legs for the 4th quarter when he can hammer on a worn out D.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive guys to lock up are Jernigan, Hicks and Bradham.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some Brett Brown we take the season in parts? I don't know how to break up 5-1 in a six game season.

Run D has been great.

Peters has been awesome.

Alston has drawn top guys. Wentz still went his way. There were some missed he should make as a one (flag or no flag). That being said, he's opening it up for everyone else. Torrey could have much better stats if he could catch a ball. Nelson has blown up even with some misses. Alshon has been a plus even if the stats don't show it. And he hasn't been a bitch about not putting up numbers. I know a winning record cures all ills, but he's been a great teammate for someone working on a one year deal.

Yeah, Blount is nice, crazy to think people wanted him gone a few weeks ago. We're a very reactionary base.

Kendricks was down after he re-upped. Don't know why Defensive guru didn't give him plays last year, he seems made for his defense. Guy can fly and is good when healthy. He's been good. Got more play with the other two missing time.

Nigel was on the beach with some cat stealing his sun block this game.

I don't want to project our secondary. That being said, where do you put Mills? I thought he played a great game. He got called for some bullshit flags. Touchy for sure. It reminds me of when we had Al Harris, cat drew flags left and right. Went to Green Bay, they never called that shit on him.

Peters told him not to miss and he hasn't missed. I trust in Jason Peters, thus I trust in the kicker. I was worried about Elliott making extra point when we first brought him on. After 61 everything has been gravy.

Probably like most of you when I saw the team come out there after the commercial break and we kicked the extra point I was wondering what was going on and was pissed that Doug was going for 2, as it seemed to serve no purpose. Well, it end up shaping future moves on the other side and being aggressive like that has to always give confidence in the players. I don't want to undersell it.

Not sure how things will shake out with Darby, but minus him, think the whole team should be ready to go and have some extra time to prepare. Really looking forward to it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nigel_gif.width-704.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he is great, and that is among his finer stick figures right there, though it takes some inside knowledge to appreciate it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on SIDNEY JONES. Be a stud! He is such a TREMENDOUS wild card.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw this is really good for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some Brett Brown we take the season in parts? I don't know how to break up 5-1 in a six game season.

Run D has been great.

Peters has been awesome.

Alston has drawn top guys. Wentz still went his way. There were some missed he should make as a one (flag or no flag). That being said, he's opening it up for everyone else. Torrey could have much better stats if he could catch a ball. Nelson has blown up even with some misses. Alshon has been a plus even if the stats don't show it. And he hasn't been a bitch about not putting up numbers. I know a winning record cures all ills, but he's been a great teammate for someone working on a one year deal.

Yeah, Blount is nice, crazy to think people wanted him gone a few weeks ago. We're a very reactionary base.

Kendricks was down after he re-upped. Don't know why Defensive guru didn't give him plays last year, he seems made for his defense. Guy can fly and is good when healthy. He's been good. Got more play with the other two missing time.

Nigel was on the beach with some cat stealing his sun block this game.

I don't want to project our secondary. That being said, where do you put Mills? I thought he played a great game. He got called for some bullshit flags. Touchy for sure. It reminds me of when we had Al Harris, cat drew flags left and right. Went to Green Bay, they never called that shit on him.

Peters told him not to miss and he hasn't missed. I trust in Jason Peters, thus I trust in the kicker. I was worried about Elliott making extra point when we first brought him on. After 61 everything has been gravy.

Probably like most of you when I saw the team come out there after the commercial break and we kicked the extra point I was wondering what was going on and was pissed that Doug was going for 2, as it seemed to serve no purpose. Well, it end up shaping future moves on the other side and being aggressive like that has to always give confidence in the players. I don't want to undersell it.

Not sure how things will shake out with Darby, but minus him, think the whole team should be ready to go and have some extra time to prepare. Really looking forward to it.

Agreed on Alshon. I just really haven't had much complaint. I think the synergy with Wentz is still developing. I also marvel how some look at a greatly improved offense and insist on just looking at a #1 WRs stat line.

His stat line has not been great yet. But his impact on the field is incredibly noticeable

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw this is really good for anyone who hasn't seen it.

that's so great. Jenkins is one of my favorites on this team right now. He's maybe as close to a Dawkins as we are ever going to get.

I'd buy a Jenkins jersey.

or Beau Allen