• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS (week 9) BYE WEEK THREAD

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore got scammed for over 8 million dollars in a Florida investment scheme.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With all that work he put in and all the injuries he has overcome, its a real shame to be ripped off like that. I wish some of these guys would get competent financial representation.

I think "trustworthy" is a better adjective than "competent." It seems like he had a competent guy that took advantage.

Of course, a strong case could be made that "trustworthy" is a key component of "competence" for someone you are going to trust with your money.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is random, but I was reading about Tank Carradine today and watched his personal workout from a few days before the draft. I'd seen it before but didn't notice until now that Jim Tomsula is one of the people closest to the action.

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, 2013 Pro Workout - YouTube

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that work he put in and all the injuries he has overcome, its a real shame to be ripped off like that. I wish some of these guys would get competent financial representation.

The interesting thing is that the guy who ripped off Frank Gore is the same guy that ripped off Terrell Owens. He was recommended to TO by Rosenhaus, and I guess the NFLPA is now investigating the Rosenhaus/Rubin connection. TO is suing Rosenhaus for sending him to Rubin.

Anyway, I agree that it sucks that so much was taken from Frank. He seems to be a really good guy and it isn't like they just stole from him, he has kids and a family. They miss out on a better life too, meaning no stress from financial issues.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is random, but I was reading about Tank Carradine today and watched his personal workout from a few days before the draft. I'd seen it before but didn't notice until now that Jim Tomsula is one of the people closest to the action.

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, 2013 Pro Workout - YouTube

i just saw that video a few minutes before reading your post, and great catch! i didn't see him at first, but upon further revue, you are correct, sir. great scouting by the niners, i didn't see personnel from any other franchize, and tomsula was so close to the action, taking his own video of the workout on his iphone, he was in most of the practice field shots.

i wonder if morton was similarly at jenkin's pro work out and what he saw that would indicate he was worth reaching up and taking.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i just saw that video a few minutes before reading your post, and great catch! i didn't see him at first, but upon further revue, you are correct, sir. great scouting by the niners, i didn't see personnel from any other franchize, and tomsula was so close to the action, taking his own video of the workout on his iphone, he was in most of the practice field shots.

i wonder if morton was similarly at jenkin's pro work out and what he saw that would indicate he was worth reaching up and taking.

If so, more reason Morton should be fired

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just looked at their schedule. They played Seattle week one, and nobody else since. Very easy schedule so far for the panthers.

Yeah, but we've had a pretty easy go of it since Indy, too. The division games have been the toughest, and neither of those teams put up much of a fight.