• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS (week 9) BYE WEEK THREAD

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know what it looked like? So I can't say much, but based on this info here, I would say that as a coach, I would accept that (of course depending on down and distance, momentum, minutes left for the game, etc.) as opposed to simply seeing a corner on the mere fact that he is incapable in playing the position (he is not able to run with the receiver, Jacoby Jones-Cully moment). I like it a lot when a corner takes risk by gambling for picks - but it has to be at the right situation. I don't know if Jenkins did that at the right situation? I came back last night, wasn't watching the game.

It was a pretty Cully-esque moment. He was in good position, but completely mistimed his jump and a ball that was pretty badly underthrown went right over his fingers. Of course, by even attempting to play the ball, he might still be one-up on Culliver, but he was in pretty poor position if the ball had been thrown well.

I don't fault him at all for going for the interception, but I still can't quite figure out how he missed it. It looked like he got no air on his jump, though I was watching on my computer, so not the best picture.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair to Jenkins he had position and he slipped. It would have been picked. Then Tate was his normal douchey self. Jay glazer tweeted somebody needed to punch Tate in the face. Hahahaha

True of so many Seahawks, starting with the coach.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Manningham - WR - 49ers

Mario Manningham (knee) is tentatively expected to make his season debut following the 49ers Week 9 bye.

The 49ers waived WR Marlon Moore Wednesday to clear a roster spot for Manningham. Coming off a December 2012 ACL tear, he'll likely be eased back into action for limited snaps at first. And even once fully up to speed, he'll be behind Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis for targets in the 49ers' run-heavy scheme. Manningham is only a deep-league flier.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Oct 31 - 8:14 AM

I wonder who will get the snaps while Manningham "eases" back in.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Manningham - WR - 49ers

Mario Manningham (knee) is tentatively expected to make his season debut following the 49ers Week 9 bye.

The 49ers waived WR Marlon Moore Wednesday to clear a roster spot for Manningham. Coming off a December 2012 ACL tear, he'll likely be eased back into action for limited snaps at first. And even once fully up to speed, he'll be behind Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis for targets in the 49ers' run-heavy scheme. Manningham is only a deep-league flier.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Oct 31 - 8:14 AM

Well, they have until Tuesday to activate him or put him on the IR. Looking forward to seeing him and Aldon back on the field against Carolina, even if it is only in a limited amount.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they have until Tuesday to activate him or put him on the IR. Looking forward to seeing him and Aldon back on the field against Carolina, even if it is only in a limited amount.

I don't think he's going on IR since they cut Moore.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree. I find him very personable and engaging. And very good at his job.

Oh, I'm not questioning that he's good at his job. He's a great defensive coach, and has become a very good head coach. I just think he's a douchebag.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Happy to see Mario back. He adds a lot to this team and helps us move the chains from the slot. I think they will move him around.

Same here. I hope to see little to no Kyle Williams in the offense henceforth.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Didnt help his case for you lol :nod:

Got burned by playing for an INT in the only TD of the game....

One could say, he had a Cully moment :whistle:

I don't think that's a fair assessment. He actually just mis-timed his jump & Tate barely got the ball over him. It's not like he was "burned." He also had a pass defended (I think in the end zone). I thought he had a great game actually.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not questioning that he's good at his job. He's a great defensive coach, and has become a very good head coach. I just think he's a douchebag.

I think his proficiency on offense is a bit questionable. I also think the inmates run the prison a bit too much up there (or, perhaps the warden is too much like an inmate himself and the team follows his lead. Damn that was a shitty analogy). I keep waiting for that whole operation to implode. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think his proficiency on offense is a bit questionable. I also think the inmates run the prison a bit too much up there (or, perhaps the warden is too much like an inmate himself and the team follows his lead. Damn that was a shitty analogy). I keep waiting for that whole operation to implode. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I think he's too loose. It hasn't screwed him yet, but I'm curious to see what happens if and when he hits some true adversity. I don't think he's a very good offensive guy, but that's not his thing. He's done a good job of putting together an effective staff.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in the minority here I know, but I like the coaches with the what people call douchey personalities like Carroll, Harbaugh and Bellichick. They know their jobs and don't pander to the public.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority here I know, but I like the coaches with the what people call douchey personalities like Carroll, Harbaugh and Bellichick. They know their jobs and don't pander to the public.

I can see the Harbaugh is a douche argument to some extent, though he seems like someone who has integrity and a moral compass (Toby this is your cue to try and trollishly derail the thread by bringing up the inane Tarrell Brown and Alex Smith getting screwed thing).

Carroll just seems awful.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Harbaugh is a douche argument to some extent, though he seems like someone who has integrity and a moral compass (Toby this is your cue to try and trollishly derail the thread by bringing up the inane Tarrell Brown and Alex Smith getting screwed thing).

Carroll just seems awful.

Weren't you the one that was chastising Purgey in another thread about being a Homer who looked at all things 49er through rose-colored glasses? And yet here you are.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you the one that was chastising Purgey in another thread about being a Homer who looked at all things 49er through rose-colored glasses? And yet here you are.

*purguy*

Look, just because your own perception of the world is irreparably warped doesn't mean you have to take your frustrations out on me or anyone else.

And by that, I mean "I see u trollin' again brobro"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*purguy*

Look, just because your own perception of the world is irreparably warped doesn't mean you have to take your frustrations out on me or anyone else.

And by that, I mean "I see u trollin' again brobro"

A little touchy today huh?