• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Cowboys

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Marcus Martin starting off at RG, wasn't he a very good Center at USC? Must be to take pressure off him, not having to make line calls?
yes but I think last year killed his chance at center. He was rated the worst center in football last year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling this uptempo offense. It SHOULD help with the clock management issues.
yes I think we have seen this already. I like the up tempo offense. It looks like the players like it to. Now we our Oline can give our QBs time to throw I think we will be k.

A. Davis you sure you don't want to come back and play this year. U look like you are itching to play again from your twitter account.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but I think last year killed his chance at center. He was rated the worst center in football last year.

It shouldn't have killed his chances. He struggled at center last year, but starting a 20 year old rookie at center during midseason who missed his first training camp the odds are he is going to struggle.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't have killed his chances. He struggled at center last year, but starting a 20 year old rookie at center during midseason who missed his first training camp the odds are he is going to struggle.
true but I think the coaches wanted to see if Guard would be better for him. He might still go back to center but I think they want him to stay at guard because they know Kilgore will be back and don't want to switch him again and confuse the kid.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree, he was placed in a tough spot due to other injuries. He didn't play well but what would we expect?

If he's "getting his feet under him" at RG, no problem. Apparently, he needs experience to get the line calls down, and that is fine. But if he still isn't at Center next off season, i'll be asking why Baalke drafted him that high?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
agree, he was placed in a tough spot due to other injuries. He didn't play well but what would we expect?

If he's "getting his feet under him" at RG, no problem. Apparently, he needs experience to get the line calls down, and that is fine. But if he still isn't at Center next off season, i'll be asking why Baalke drafted him that high?

Even if he's starting at OG? Generally speaking, the market for guards is richer than for centers. And while a third-round pick certainly isn't low pick, it's not all that high a pick, either.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been off for a while. Oline is a major concern, from a pass protection perspective...but I must say on the run they look pretty nasty. I'm hoping the can figure the right side out because we have a pretty unreal stable of talented running backs. Hayne as a return man and possibly 3rd back behind Hyde and Davis with Bush as a 3rd down back makes me think Hunter could be out. There is no denying Haynes size, speed, strength, and his natural ability...his feet are incredible with how upright he runs...but he dookies would be tacklers on the regular. We're miles from where I thought we'd be, but I think we have more on both O and D than anyone in the league thinks we do. Glass half full thoughts with a glass half empty thought process right now. Good to be back boys!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been off for a while. Oline is a major concern, from a pass protection perspective...but I must say on the run they look pretty nasty. I'm hoping the can figure the right side out because we have a pretty unreal stable of talented running backs. Hayne as a return man and possibly 3rd back behind Hyde and Davis with Bush as a 3rd down back makes me think Hunter could be out. There is no denying Haynes size, speed, strength, and his natural ability...his feet are incredible with how upright he runs...but he dookies would be tacklers on the regular. We're miles from where I thought we'd be, but I think we have more on both O and D than anyone in the league thinks we do. Glass half full thoughts with a glass half empty thought process right now. Good to be back boys!

Good to see you back. Hope it picks up this season regardless of how the team does

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling this uptempo offense. It SHOULD help with the clock management issues.
I know its only a pre season game, but I liked what I saw from Carlos Hyde. It was also nice to see Bowman in there again. On the other side the Kaepernick problem is still there. When the got first and goal at the 9, I knew it was going to end up in a field goal attempt because he will not even look at the middle of the field down there. he cannot read a defense still. Every pass was a low percentage pass to the outside which wee easily covered by the Cowboys.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other side the Kaepernick problem is still there. When the got first and goal at the 9, I knew it was going to end up in a field goal attempt because he will not even look at the middle of the field down there. he cannot read a defense still. Every pass was a low percentage pass to the outside which wee easily covered by the Cowboys.

You're right. I too am hoping Kaep can improve on this flaw sooner than later. For now, I'm just glad offense can get their play off in time. Clock management was the one thing that irked the shit out of me during the Harbaugh era.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I too am hoping Kaep can improve on this flaw sooner than later. For now, I'm just glad offense can get their play off in time. Clock management was the one thing that irked the shit out of me during the Harbaugh era.
Agreed. That seems to be gone. That was really frustrating to watch.