• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Cowboys

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very concerned that our run D is so bad? not that i expected a stout front, but its the extent we were run on? it felt like Dallas could call run plays with confidence?

granted, our D was in nickel too, so again its how bad, not that we didn't hold them to zero yards.

Honestly, I think this has more to do with them running the nickel most of the time. Seems like the last couple years our run D hasnt been as good as prior seasons and that seems to align with the transition to running the nickel all day.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think this has more to do with them running the nickel most of the time. Seems like the last couple years our run D hasnt been as good as prior seasons and that seems to align with the transition to running the nickel all day.
oh, snap. Never mind. Got confused between the Nickel and dime defense.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back from the bar. Very happy with this win. Great 1st half. I wish Harbaugh would go for the kill in the 2nd half. Refs helped Cowboys with 4 bad calls in a row but crap happens. Overall great day for Kap, VD, and boldin. Another positive Hyde is a beast.

I would normally agree here, Harbaugh does get too conservative with a lead, but it didnt seem like they took the foot off the gas in this one, at least not until late in the 4th. I think without the help from the D, the offense just couldnt get it going in the 2nd half.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers SLEDGE - O - MATIC the Cowboys 28-17 and cruise home

The 49ers took a sledge hammer to the Cowboys watermelon like in one of the great Gallagher shows in the 80's. Right out of the gate in 2014 the 49ers defense strikes on a 35 yard fumble return for a TD by Culliver 54 seconds into the game. The Cowboys went into a form of shock as the 49ers slammed away with watermelon seeds all over the Dallas stage.

The renaissance man Vernon Davis caught two TD's one for 29 yards and another short one for two yards. Kaepernick came out firing and totally outclassed a poor Dallas defense that will have Jerry Jones drinking full bottles of Jack Daniels in the owners box by years end.Gore and Hyde carried the load in the running game and Hyde my goodness is going to be a future superstar RB in the NFL. His explosive running style hitting the hole hard and fast makes a 49ers future very bright indeed. He pounded the ball in the end zone with 39 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and the route was on. Bouldin had a sweet game snagging eight catches for 99 yards and was the money man all day receiving wise along with Vernon Davis. Stevie Johnson broke the ice in a SF uniform making 2 nice catches.

The defense for the 49ers was absolutely brilliant and dominating on this glorious opening weekend of the NFL. They pounded on Romo and they pounded and pounded until Romo looked beat mentally and physically by games end. Romo threw 3 INT's and it could of been worse. At times Romo was throwing so many Alley-oop passes up for grabs I started to feel sorry for him...NOT ..loved ever second of it. Justin Smith Cowboyed up today getting two sacks and six tackles. Reid , Willis , and Cox came away with picks as this defense came ready to play .

Overall a solid dominating start to this 49ers season as they cruised home in the second half running the ball and just coasting. The score could of been a lot worse than the final 28-17 score indicates. They did so much damage in the first half that Jerry Jones barged in at halftime and told the 49ers they would have to stay after the game to clean up all the damn watermelon on his beloved stadium floor if they did'nt let up on his poor little Cowboys who wore no spurs today. Awesome win ! We want more ! Encore ! SMASH !

Go 49ers !!:10:

:suds::clap::boxing::headbanger::grouphug::peace:

on youtube...

Gallagher - SLEDGE - O - MATIC !!!

Here we go...2014-2015 season...here we go..

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice recap. You get to thumbs up for showmanship.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The worst reffed game I have ever watched.

if you could've only have seen the Hawaii vs Oregon St game. sigh!

it wouldn't have changed who won, even though it all went against Hawaii......just saying what bad calls??!!