• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' Tom Gamble reportedly a possibility in Cleveland for executive role

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=9761

According to one source in the loop, the only other name associated in NFL circles with the soon-to-be-vacant position with the Browns is Tom Gamble. Gamble is director of player personnel with the San Francisco 49ers and is considered a viable candidate for several general manager positions expected to open in the NFL.

But because the position Banner has created is on a same plane with the job Gamble currently holds in San Francisco, Gamble would not give the Browns’ job a second thought.

Banner effectively has created a position that only Lombardi would accept.

It is my belief that Gamble has become one of the most important figures in the 49ers organization because of everything he does, the track record he has, and the reputation he has earned. Losing him, to me, seems like it would be a very unfortunate thing. The Raiders were interested in him as well but he turned them down a while back.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna dream and think that everyone involved with our success will want to stay and build a new Golden Age for the franchise.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna dream and think that everyone involved with our success will want to stay and build a new Golden Age for the franchise.

i'll dream with you.

:couch2:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is. Possibility for gamble As well

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter: Despite a report that Josh McDaniels “would love” to coach the Browns, one source close to the Patriots OC insisted there was nothing to it. The source in constant contact with McDaniels said nobody “has said a word to anyone about this” and McDaniels “hasn’t thought about anything but this season all year long.”

Hmmm... That would be funny if McDaniels goes to the Browns... That will make the Browns the 2nd team that McDaniels replaced Shurmur in...