• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers sign Chad Hall

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter is reporting Jenkins and James will both be active this week. -from roto

Another sign pointing to Kaep, not that he wasn't already the heavy favorite to start. If they didn't keep starting QB records, I'd like them to start Alex the first series just to start him and then put in Kaep the rest of the way (after scoring a TD on the first drive). I know they wouldn't do that because if we didn't score, that could help get us a loss and it messes with the QBs. But it would be so untraditional that I'd like it.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another sign pointing to Kaep, not that he wasn't already the heavy favorite to start. If they didn't keep starting QB records, I'd like them to start Alex the first series just to start him and then put in Kaep the rest of the way (after scoring a TD on the first drive). I know they wouldn't do that because if we didn't score, that could help get us a loss and it messes with the QBs. But it would be so untraditional that I'd like it.

I think it would be really tough to justify this move after scoring a TD on the first drive. You're also putting Kaep in a position where he has to be essentially perfect. If we end up losing the game the QB controversy gets infinitely more intense.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not taking this as an indication of what the staff thinks of Jenkins. With Williams out for the year and Ginn's wrist a question mark, it makes perfect sense to add a versatile returner/receiver.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be really tough to justify this move after scoring a TD on the first drive. You're also putting Kaep in a position where he has to be essentially perfect. If we end up losing the game the QB controversy gets infinitely more intense.

True, in my hypothetical (in my mind), I assumed Kaep would go on and play well winning. I wouldn't do it if I were coach. I just wanted a scenario where Harbaugh f'd with the media without a situation where it was Smith being pulled (thus, the score in the first drive). Sorry, it wasn't a serious suggestion.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking this as an indication of what the staff thinks of Jenkins. With Williams out for the year and Ginn's wrist a question mark, it makes perfect sense to add a versatile returner/receiver.

But who would be available at this late date?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter is reporting Jenkins and James will both be active this week. -from roto

tumblr_mbtz9zh8WX1rsel9v.gif

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
But who would be available at this late date?

What's your point? What do you propose then? When a player is lost to injury, teams find new players. This isn't complicated.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is joining the practice squad.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This still leaves an open roster spot on the 53. Baalke spoke on the radio about Ginn having to have a bigger role at WR. Fuck.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This still leaves an open roster spot on the 53. Baalke spoke on the radio about Ginn having to have a bigger role at WR. Fuck.

You've got to be kidding me what do the coaches see in this guy

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ginn bums me out as a receiver. He's a veteran, and I guess he can stretch the field, but I don't even feel confident about that at this point.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather see what AJ can do as opposed to giving Ginn more looks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? What do you propose then? When a player is lost to injury, teams find new players. This isn't complicated.

The point is, you said "it makes perfect sense to add a versatile return man/receiver". Where are you going to find such a guy?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, CK has the arm to get it to Ginn if he can still get behind the defense like he did with Miami and a few times last year.. who knows if he'll catch it. Although, I fully expect to see a WR end around with Ginn like last year, and if the CB recklessly gives chase and clears out that side... then later they'll run a similar play with CK keeping it and running into that big empty space.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, CK has the arm to get it to Ginn if he can still get behind the defense like he did with Miami and a few times last year.. who knows if he'll catch it. Although, I fully expect to see a WR end around with Ginn like last year, and if the CB recklessly gives chase and clears out that side... then later they'll run a similar play with CK keeping it and running into that big empty space.

Ginn caught a nice TD bomb from Smith last year against the Ravens but some bastard was holding on the play and it got called back.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn caught a nice TD bomb from Smith last year against the Ravens but some bastard was holding on the play and it got called back.

Actually, it was a bogus chop block. Gore went to cut a guy and after Gore engaged either Iupati or Goodwin pushed him down. By the rules, its a chop block but it was so bogus cause Gore took him out before the other guy laid a hand on him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was a bogus chop block. Gore went to cut a guy and after Gore engaged either Iupati or Goodwin pushed him down. By the rules, its a chop block but it was so bogus cause Gore took him out before the other guy laid a hand on him.

I believe it was Rachal