• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks 1:15 PST

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really going in with SUPER low expectations this game. No Jamal Adams, teams have been SLASHING us on YAC which Jimmy Garporlrorlrorl is a pro at (as he passing range is anywhere from -5 to 5 yards), etc. Yah we acquired Carlos Dunlap who has done fuck all this season because he got into it and hates his defensive coordinator, but wait till he gets a load of Norton Jr. He'll probably hang himself in < 48 hours and then we're out Finney who is our backup when Pocic gets injured.

Seattle has allowed the most yards defensively in NFL history through 6 games. The main threat is Kittle over the middle of the field with YAC ability which means Kittle should rally for 307 yards and 951 TDs (that doesn't even make sense but I'll commit to it).

I didn't even chug blood pressure medication today or purchase any for tomorrow. I just drank 1.75L of bourbon and ate a 'King Size' pack of Skittles (apparently these are still available yet the fags at Wrigley replaced lime with green 'fuckass' apple). Anyway, hope everyone has a nice night. If I fail to post in ~94 hours I'm probably on a p0rnhub binge.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really going in with SUPER low expectations this game. No Jamal Adams, teams have been SLASHING us on YAC which Jimmy Garporlrorlrorl is a pro at (as he passing range is anywhere from -5 to 5 yards), etc. Yah we acquired Carlos Dunlap who has done fuck all this season because he got into it and hates his defensive coordinator, but wait till he gets a load of Norton Jr. He'll probably hang himself in < 48 hours and then we're out Finney who is our backup when Pocic gets injured.

Seattle has allowed the most yards defensively in NFL history through 6 games. The main threat is Kittle over the middle of the field with YAC ability which means Kittle should rally for 307 yards and 951 TDs (that doesn't even make sense but I'll commit to it).

I didn't even chug blood pressure medication today or purchase any for tomorrow. I just drank 1.75L of bourbon and ate a 'King Size' pack of Skittles (apparently these are still available yet the fags at Wrigley replaced lime with green 'fuckass' apple). Anyway, hope everyone has a nice night. If I fail to post in ~94 hours I'm probably on a p0rnhub binge.
toronto blue jays baseball GIF by MLB

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ has to make some better decisions in this one. He gifted the Cards 3 easy ints and we can't have that. I don't need him to be perfect but make the right decisions. It would be nice if the D could get at least 30% QB pressure but I won't hold my breath on that. Must win to keep ahead of the NFCW.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ has to make some better decisions in this one. He gifted the Cards 3 easy ints and we can't have that. I don't need him to be perfect but make the right decisions. It would be nice if the D could get at least 30% QB pressure but I won't hold my breath on that. Must win to keep ahead of the NFCW.

Yah I can't NOT fault Wilson for causing 3 turnovers.... but allowing the Cards 37 points with FORTY FUCKIN' EIGHT drop backs WITH ZERO FUCKIN HITS/HURRIES is absolutely inexcusable. You can blitz for God's sake Norton....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I can't NOT fault Wilson for causing 3 turnovers.... but allowing the Cards 37 points with FORTY FUCKIN' EIGHT drop backs WITH ZERO FUCKIN HITS/HURRIES is absolutely inexcusable. You can blitz for God's sake Norton....
Nobody can nor should defend Norton's play calling and it's embarrassing watching teams march up and down the field all game long. Wilson has saved the teams bacon on more than one occasion but when he has mental lapses, the Cards game is what the outcome is.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can nor should defend Norton's play calling and it's embarrassing watching teams march up and down the field all game long. Wilson has saved the teams bacon on more than one occasion but when he has mental lapses, the Cards game is what the outcome is.

Well the liberal media will defend it and say Seattle is racist and fired Norton because he was black. So yah, there's that... and yes I brought politics into a sports forum, but am justified because all sports is now is politics.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the liberal media will defend it and say Seattle is racist and fired Norton because he was black. So yah, there's that... and yes I brought politics into a sports forum, but am justified because all sports is now is politics.
Love all of the Seahawks brethren but no one wants political bullshit from either side over here. I understand your frustrations (as everyone these days) but don't drag the football fans into the shitshow just because of one's personal opinions.
Fuck this shit. Too many friends and family already arguing about this. Now people who just want to talk and enjoy football get dragged into the swamp of bullshit.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love all of the Seahawks brethren but no one wants political bullshit from either side over here. I understand your frustrations (as everyone these days) but don't drag the football fans into the shitshow just because of one's personal opinions.
Fuck this shit. Too many friends and family already arguing about this. Now people who just want to talk and enjoy football get dragged into the swamp of bullshit.

Well it's fitting Dog... Jesus Christ we can't even watch a football game with "Jets are wasting taxpayer dollars" (by fuckhead douche Aikman and Collinsfag) and now I have to mute every commercial because these fuckhead liberal media stations gotta televise it 24/7....

Guess I'm just trying to go with the flow here...

Anyway, I'm going to go pillage and m*lest someone for the next few hours. Going to wear a BLM shirt so I should be safe.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's fitting Dog... Jesus Christ we can't even watch a football game with "Jets are wasting taxpayer dollars" (by fuckhead douche Aikman and Collinsfag) and now I have to mute every commercial because these fuckhead liberal media stations gotta televise it 24/7....

Guess I'm just trying to go with the flow here...

Anyway, I'm going to go pillage and m*lest someone for the next few hours. Going to wear a BLM shirt so I should be safe.
Dude. We've been posting on these and other boards for literally decades now. I'd hate to see the Seahawks boards fractured because of politics.
Not everyone has the same views. Again, I understand your frustrations but I'll say the same thing I said to both of my bro-in-laws who approach it similarly to you:
I want to watch the game. If you are going to sit here and complain about the politics you see in the sports by imposing your political views on the situation then it affects me. I have my own political views but I don't impose them on others here on the football board and I would like that the same respect from the others here.
Peace out man. Hope you can find some peace in these troubled times. I am struggling to get that and sports helps me but the politics drags me away from goal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. We've been posting on these and other boards for literally decades now. I'd hate to see the Seahawks boards fractured because of politics.
Not everyone has the same views. Again, I understand your frustrations but I'll say the same thing I said to both of my bro-in-laws who approach it similarly to you:
I want to watch the game. If you are going to sit here and complain about the politics you see in the sports by imposing your political views on the situation then it affects me. I have my own political views but I don't impose them on others here on the football board and I would like that the same respect from the others here.
Peace out man. Hope you can find some peace in these troubled times. I am struggling to get that and sports helps me but the politics drags me away from goal.

Started as a joke, I let it get out of control. What I was really trying to say was politics has no place in sports, and the irony of it was posting politics in sports in my post.

But I get you man. This is the one place we can at least keep it out of. I was out of line, thanks for calling me out.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense sucks. Someone needs to be accountable. Norton has to take responsibility regardless of if it is largely his fault or not (such is the life of coaching, but he certainly shares some of the blame).
I can't imagine an in season change but if it did happen I think they would fill from within. In such a scenerio I could even see Pete possibly taking over D playcalling responsibilities for the remainder of the year.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started as a joke, I let it get out of control. What I was really trying to say was politics has no place in sports, and the irony of it was posting politics in sports in my post.

But I get you man. This is the one place we can at least keep it out of. I was out of line, thanks for calling me out.
Lol! Hopefully I didn't come off as too much an ass about it.

Hopefully we can celebrate a win against the fucking 49ers. There is an enemy all Seahawks fans can support hating!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Hopefully I didn't come off as too much an ass about it.

Hopefully we can celebrate a win against the fucking 49ers. There is an enemy all Seahawks fans can support hating!

I'm hoping so... ugh, < 24 hours. I was probably being a bit preachy/bitchy in my posts because I'm expecting a loss and I HATE losing to the 49ers (more than any team).

And your post was 100% on the mark. There's no reason to bring politics in a game thread ABOUT football on this forum, so again I appreciate you calling me out and I'm sure most of our Seahawks community does as well. :suds: AND FIRE KEN NORTON! LOL

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense sucks. Someone needs to be accountable. Norton has to take responsibility regardless of if it is largely his fault or not (such is the life of coaching, but he certainly shares some of the blame).
I can't imagine an in season change but if it did happen I think they would fill from within. In such a scenerio I could even see Pete possibly taking over D playcalling responsibilities for the remainder of the year.
I know quoting myself is pretty lame but I am curious of other's opinions as to if backfilling responsibilities from within and possibly Pete taking over D play calling (instead of bringing in a new face midseason if Norton was fired) would even be a consideration.
I am just not clear on how much more work that would be and if it would interfere with PC's head coaching responsibilities

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i don't think anyone could turn this defense around. I think it has ran it's course and now people know how to attack it. Time for some change and thats up to Pete. BUT the question is "Will he let go of the defense" to allow someone to come in and make it their own?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i don't think anyone could turn this defense around. I think it has ran it's course and now people know how to attack it. Time for some change and thats up to Pete. BUT the question is "Will he let go of the defense" to allow someone to come in and make it their own?
I doubt that he allows for a major philosophy change at all, let alone in midseason. D is supposed to be his forte so he will probably stick with what he has done for all of his years here with minor tweeks, as he has used regardless of D coordinator. If that is the case I guess the question is if his D sets are now outdated or not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that he allows for a major philosophy change at all, let alone in midseason. D is supposed to be his forte so he will probably stick with what he has done for all of his years here with minor tweeks, as he has used regardless of D coordinator. If that is the case I guess the question is if his D sets are now outdated or not.
Have the players to run it and I'm confident it would work well. I don't really care if the Seahawks change DC but think doing it mid season means you got a limited pool to choose from for candidates and likely only makes things worse. I know, I know.......... the D is bottom of the league, but believe me it can get worse. LOL Need the young players to develop or find better players to make the D work. In the mean time lets focus on what is working and enjoy the ride. No telling where it will lead to.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is what it is at this point.

My focus is now on keeping the foot on the offensive gas pedal. This team isn't used to that philosophy, but the tendency to let up and coast already bit us in the Cards game. We tend to have a quarter where we can't move the ball or penalize ourselves out of drives. That can't happen if you're prone to giving up 2-score leads and can't stop drives on D.

I want to see 21+ points in the first half and at least 10 in the 3rd quarter, then "win the game in the 4th quarter." That's how this team has to win. If we get other breaks, great, but the O is the strength. Lean on it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the 49ers. God this game worries the hell out of me. 49ers are surging again and losing to them in Seattle would suck. Need some RW magic to get us a win. Let the football gods love the Seahawks this week. Go Seahawks!

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backfield situation is a bit of a mess. Carson, Hyde, and Homer all missed practice and were listed as questionable. They signed Alex Collins again but he is in covid protocal on the practice squad.

I guess we might see if Deejay Dallas can fill in this week.