• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Representative for NFC West Blog

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is adding individual bloggers from local markets for the NFC West blog. I'm assuming Sando's going to be a Seattle blogger. Who do you guys think would be the best to represent the Niners? One consideration is if they do leave to go to ESPN, they're leaving their local newspaper. That's a consideration as well.

1. Who is best for the job?
2. Who would you want to do the job considering that they have to leave their local newspaper?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco, barrows or Inman

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is adding individual bloggers from local markets for the NFC West blog. I'm assuming Sando's going to be a Seattle blogger. Who do you guys think would be the best to represent the Niners? One consideration is if they do leave to go to ESPN, they're leaving their local newspaper. That's a consideration as well.

1. Who is best for the job?
2. Who would you want to do the job considering that they have to leave their local newspaper?

What's the odds it Cohn? As bad as ESPN has become I think it's better then a 50/50 chance :doh:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A week or two ago it was announced that Bill Williamson, the current AFC West blogger, would be ESPN's new 49ers blogger.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As far as the rest of the NFC West goes, Nick Wagoner will continue as the Rams blogger, which he has already been doing to help Sando. Terry Blount will move from ESPN Nascar responsibilities, among other things, to cover the Seahawks. Not all positions were filled at the time of the announcement, including the Cardinals.

Mike Sando will move to a newly created Insider position.

Just to be clear, the divisional blogger system is being replaced with 32 team bloggers.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week or two ago it was announced that Bill Williamson, the current AFC West blogger, would be ESPN's new 49ers blogger.

No, no, no, no. He is the least active blogger, in my opinion. Just take a look at the AFC West Blog without the other bloggers for the Broncos and Chiefs, double it and its not close to Sando's contributions. There's a chance that he might be more active with a team that he likes. Also, focusing on one team might lead to more writing. He also states his opinions more bluntly, matter of factly, whereas Sando is more objective/neutral, telling both sides.

Also, as you can see, I have a high opinion of Sando. I think that he contributes a lot and his blog is well organized. I think he deserves this as a promotion, which is what I see it as.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doubt Maiocco leaves because he has a really good gig at CSN

Hahaha.....was this sarcasm? That would be like turning down an NFL job because you want to keep working in the CFL. Nobody in the media business would choose CSN over ESPN given relatively similar jobs. The visibility you get at ESPN makes your career. Jaymee Sire just made the same switch a few months back.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I read that from Sando's "good-bye" to the NFC West Blog. I also don't recall reading that Sando will become the Seahawks blogger. I believe he said that he is getting bumped up to writing ESPN Insider pieces now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I read that from Sando's "good-bye" to the NFC West Blog. I also don't recall reading that Sando will become the Seahawks blogger. I believe he said that he is getting bumped up to writing ESPN Insider pieces now.

You're right. I did not see that part of the blog. I just assumed he would've because he wrote for Seattle before and he knows the team. But going to Insider is good for him. He seems genuinely interested in statistical things. That's why I appreciate his blog because he would use a lot of that. Obviously, he's being brought there for his writing skills, not necessarily his stats/analysis.