• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers expected to receive 3 compensatory picks

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you drafting these rookies? You have already used our first two picks on a safety and a CB. You're left with throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. There's nothing wrong with Kilgore competing with a rookie, or Sop/RJF competing with a rookie, but those rookies are mid to late round picks that they're competing with, and they play fairly integral positions.

Kilgore has looked good at C on the second and third team in preseason. How many snaps has he taken in the regular season? What NT are you going to draft in the 4th or 5th round to come in and compete for starter snaps as a rookie?

And we can't go for a WR high since you've already created a need at S and filled it (with TJ MacDonald) and CB (with a high pick).

Sure we have 14 picks this year, but our first round pick this year can't get on the field, so what's the point in having a handful of 6th and 7th round picks in camp that we're going to cut?

When the original point was made in this thread I was talking about in the 1st 3 rounds, now I'm going into the first 4 rounds. That's the advantage of having several picks.

I actually wouldn't mind us trading out of the 1st round if we could pick up 2 more 2nds.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you drafting these rookies? You have already used our first two picks on a safety and a CB. You're left with throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. There's nothing wrong with Kilgore competing with a rookie, or Sop/RJF competing with a rookie, but those rookies are mid to late round picks that they're competing with, and they play fairly integral positions.

Kilgore has looked good at C on the second and third team in preseason. How many snaps has he taken in the regular season? What NT are you going to draft in the 4th or 5th round to come in and compete for starter snaps as a rookie?

And we can't go for a WR high since you've already created a need at S and filled it (with TJ MacDonald) and CB (with a high pick).

Sure we have 14 picks this year, but our first round pick this year can't get on the field, so what's the point in having a handful of 6th and 7th round picks in camp that we're going to cut?

RJF was a 7th, Sop was a 3rd, Franklin was a 7th. All have been solid. :director:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you vague this question up a bit more? Do you want me to cite some cases of rookie WRs producing? Seriously?

No, "ROOKIES", any position. You dumbed down the the rookie impact when we were talking about the secondary. I just wanted to see if you were now acknowledging that rookies can have an impact, any position, or, if you were still saying that rookie can't be expected to help.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using our picks for depth is a mistake when there isn't room on the roster for them. This is a year to be incredibly aggressive in the draft and get difference makers who can contribute as rookies. We have the ammo to move up and get guys we want. We need to do it. We do not need to sit around in the 4th round and see who's available that might be able to compete for some snaps at NT if he can make the active roster.

Of course I want them to be aggressive. The only difference is that want them to get rid of some of those low picks, then turn them into 4ths and 3rds, even 5th. If we could turn some into 2nds or 1sts then great, I just want them to be able to have around 8 picks in the first 5 rounds.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When the original point was made in this thread I was talking about in the 1st 3 rounds, now I'm going into the first 4 rounds. That's the advantage of having several picks.

I actually wouldn't mind us trading out of the 1st round if we could pick up 2 more 2nds.

That would probably be the most infuriating move the team could make this year. If they're going to move anywhere in the draft, it has to be UP, not down.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, "ROOKIES", any position. You dumbed down the the rookie impact when we were talking about the secondary. I just wanted to see if you were now acknowledging that rookies can have an impact, any position, or, if you were still saying that rookie can't be expected to help.

Of course they can. But it's rare at CB. Especially when you have two new starters at S.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would probably be the most infuriating move the team could make this year. If they're going to move anywhere in the draft, it has to be UP, not down.

Its just that you and I are looking for different things. I just want us to stack stack the team so injuries don't ever affect us, you want a star player that makes a difference.

I love it all, Brother. My favorite move will be the one that takes us to some Superbowl wins, regardless of who's right.

:high5:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its just that you and I are looking for different things. I just want us to stack stack the team so injuries don't ever affect us, you want a star player that makes a difference.

I love it all, Brother. My favorite move will be the one that takes us to some Superbowl wins, regardless of who's right.

I want guys that can contribute. Our first and second round picks this year have combined for 0 snaps of offense. They barely get to wear the uniform. I don't see what the point is in drafting guys in 2013 that can't contribute. I want guys that will improve the product on the field.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

With 53-man roster limits, that's not a reality. Teams will always be thin at a position. We're one of the deepest teams (the deepest?) in the league as it is. I'm with Imac on this one. We should take advantage of our depth to add one or two impact players who can step in to replace our aging vets or guys nearing FA. I'd like to see us move around aggressively to target specific players and to continue stockpiling future picks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course I want them to be aggressive. The only difference is that want them to get rid of some of those low picks, then turn them into 4ths and 3rds, even 5th. If we could turn some into 2nds or 1sts then great, I just want them to be able to have around 8 picks in the first 5 rounds.

Of those eight, no more than five would make the roster. Only four of our picks last year made the roster this year, and we'll likely be deeper in 2013. So let's work on getting the best five or six guys we can.

You mentioned guys like Sop and RJF. Well, we have their replacements in Tukuafu, Dobbs, and Williams. None of those guys were even drafted. But now, with two-plus years of experience in the system, they're unlikely to lose their spots to late-round or even higher mid-round picks. To upgrade our DL backups, we'll probably need to use some high picks.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those eight, no more than five would make the roster. Only four of our picks last year made the roster this year, and we'll likely be deeper in 2013. So let's work on getting the best five or six guys we can.

You mentioned guys like Sop and RJF. Well, we have their replacements in Tukuafu, Dobbs, and Williams. None of those guys were even drafted. But now, with two-plus years of experience in the system, they're unlikely to lose their spots to late-round or even higher mid-round picks. To upgrade our DL backups, we'll probably need to use some high picks.

I hope so. I don't care how it's done, I just want to rejoice with titles, AGAIN!!!