• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers expected to receive 3 compensatory picks

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we most likely should trade some of those day 2 picks for future picks.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT @realjeffsimmons Who did they lose to warrant 3rd round compensation? > Only FA added was Manningham. Snyder & Morgan signed big deals.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 3rd-rounder, if true, could be from Morgan and Snyder, who both signed decent sized contracts with Washington and Arizona. Morgan signed a 2-year $11.5M contract with $7.3M guaranteed and a 5.5M signing bonus. Snyder signed a 5-year contract worth $17.5M, with a 5M signing bonus and a 100K option bonus.

The 49ers also lost Rachal, Costanzo, Norris, Reggie Smith, and Madieu Williams. Rachal did start some games for Chicago and Williams starts for Washington. Costanzo has a prominent role on STs in Chicago and Norris and Smith are depth players.

I know they added Manningham. Jacobs was cut from the Giants so he doesn't count.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we most likely should trade some of those day 2 picks for future picks.

yep, if possible trade up or into the following draft. for me, i'd also consider trading day 1 picks, IF the price is right.

[they can't trade comp picks]

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we'll be picking #32 this year... thus trade it for a 2013 first lol... its science...

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow, they got a lot of picks in next year's draft! Let's hope they do their homework first next year and don't fuck it up like this year's draft.

You're a broken record. I think the term "trolling" gets tossed around too much, but...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we get that compensatory 3rd round pick, then the 3 third round picks would be huge. You can get really good talent in the 3rd round still, starting talent at a cheap rookie contract price (Gore, Bowman, Culliver, McDonald come to mind).

What are we going to do with all those picks though? We won't have that many roster spots.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we get that compensatory 3rd round pick, then the 3 third round picks would be huge. You can get really good talent in the 3rd round still, starting talent at a cheap rookie contract price (Gore, Bowman, Culliver, McDonald come to mind).

What are we going to do with all those picks though? We won't have that many roster spots.

Hopefully move around (up) some. I'd think they would trade for future selections, too. They haven't been opposed to that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was surprised when Maiocco predicted we'd get a third round comp. Almost sent him a message asking for the reasoning. My understanding of third round comps is that you only get them in return for losing a marquee player who signed for a large contract. I can't see either Morgan or Snyder netting that. MAYBE a fourth. I didn't think they really combined players to grant a single pick, at least one that high.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully move around (up) some. I'd think they would trade for future selections, too. They haven't been opposed to that.

the chances of this are low but if it arises....IF....., move up high to get the QB or pass rusher you REALLY want. if you identify someone you REALLY want, i'd trade up high even if it means most of our picks?

yes, the first reaction is we already have Kaep and Aldon, but things change fast in the NFL. i'd still trade up high if i felt he was franchise good.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we'll have plenty of needs. Let's see, ss (Whitner sucks), fs (unless Culliver moves here), cb (especially if Cully goes to fs), de, te, c, olb, KICKER (Dustin Hopkins hopefully), nt and some more st talent wouldn't hurt one bit.

I'm personally hoping we move Cully to fs, draft T.J. McDonald to play ss, cut Whitner, draft a cb, olb and te within those first 3 rounds, as long as they're a variation of bpa and need of course.

:popsdance: