• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers CB Tarell Brown voids $2 million base salary escalator by skipping offseason wo

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown could have probably read the highlights about what it says about training camp, missing it, etc., but I also think he's giving his agent money for a reason and unless he didn't tell his agent what he was doing then his agent isn't doing his job by not figuring it out.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analogy isn't building a car from freshly mined minerals. It's getting the tires rotated. I'm sure most people are smart enough to check to see that the lug nuts are tight. I'm also confident most people don't because they trust that the mechanic has done/will do his job.

It's like when a girl tells a guy that she can open her own door. I understand what they are trying to say, but is a terrible example of independence, in my mind. No, men don't open the door because they don't think you can. When a girl says this, I think men should condescendingly congratulate them for that ability.

On a radio show a few years ago, a woman called in saying that she needed no man and was independent and responsible and the host was a pig. She said that she kept a budget and answered to no man. The host asked her where she got her money, she replied, my dad gives me money. She didn't blink when she said that. (Not literally speaking, just mean she didn't feel that was counter to her argument.) When the host said, "so you DO need a man, you just don't need to **** one." (The host is Tom Leykis, in case any of you are familiar with him. He is a chauvinist, but that's besides the point.)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's like when a girl tells a guy that she can open her own door. I understand what they are trying to say, but is a terrible example of independence, in my mind. No, men don't open the door because they don't think you can. When a girl says this, I think men should condescendingly congratulate them for that ability.

On a radio show a few years ago, a woman called in saying that she needed no man and was independent and responsible and the host was a pig. She said that she kept a budget and answered to no man. The host asked her where she got her money, she replied, my dad gives me money. She didn't blink when she said that. (Not literally speaking, just mean she didn't feel that was counter to her argument.) When the host said, "so you DO need a man, you just don't need to **** one." (The host is Tom Leykis, in case any of you are familiar with him. He is a chauvinist, but that's besides the point.)

?????

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract isn't an easy read. Whether he should have read it on his own or not I'll surprised if that agent ever gets another client.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I wasn't making an analogy to the Brown situation. I should have just bolded your post. I was linking the "I'm sure most people are smart enough to check to see that the lug nuts are tight [but they don't]" with " men know that women can open their own doors, [but guys open it for them to be gentlemen]." I could try to link that to the Brown situation in some way, but nah.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, I wasn't making an analogy to the Brown situation. I should have just bolded your post. I was linking the "I'm sure most people are smart enough to check to see that the lug nuts are tight [but they don't]" with " men know that women can open their own doors, [but guys open it for them to be gentlemen]." I could try to link that to the Brown situation in some way, but nah.

Gotcha.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unfortunate. Overstreet's career as an agent is over. Only a fool will hire him.