• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers @ Carolina

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lines look mixed -> from -1.5 SF to -2.5 CAR. We'll see what they look like tomorrow. 9ers didn't have A Smith and Crabtree (who was excellent today) last time around. I don't think Kaep will have as much success running the ball against us, as he had today. We tackle better (than GB). OTOH, may be tough sledding for Cam on that front, too.

Our O has come out flat in recent games. Cam's been sailing some balls on routine throws. Got to come out sharp from the get-go, come Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low scoring. Lots of great D. Any coincidence the 4 teams left in the NFC are all in the NFLs top 5 for total defense? Nope.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lines look mixed -> from -1.5 SF to -2.5 CAR. We'll see what they look like tomorrow. 9ers didn't have A Smith and Crabtree (who was excellent today) last time around. I don't think Kaep will have as much success running the ball against us, as he had today. We tackle better (than GB). OTOH, may be tough sledding for Cam on that front, too.

Our O has come out flat in recent games. Cam's been sailing some balls on routine throws. Got to come out sharp from the get-go, come Sunday.

I doubt either QB has a stellar day. Both teams are going to have effective pass rushes and both QB's have been prone to making mistakes while under pressure. This game really could go either way and will come down to which of them makes the fewest mistakes. Have to like your odds at home.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about what they want? Sometimes you have to give them what they NEED.

Nice Rolling Stones reference. A Niners-Seahawks NFCCG would be epic, a true Clash of the Titans. However, I admit that I wouldn't mind having one last game at the shit hole that is Candlestick Park should the Niners and Saints advance next week.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Rolling Stones reference. A Niners-Seahawks NFCCG would be epic, a true Clash of the Titans. However, I admit that I wouldn't mind having one last game at the shit hole that is Candlestick Park should the Niners and Saints advance next week.

If it's worth doing then it's worth doing with some style, that's what I always say.

That said I'd rather face Carolina in the NFCCG even though it will give me bad '05 flashbacks. Something tells me it's gonna come down to an epic dogfight of the best of the west though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has tried to make football about offense, but the worm has turned...defense matters, a lot. Although I want the Seahawks to win the Superbowl, if they fail, let the winner be a team that features defense. So no Saints, Broncos, or Pats, the hell with those teams that think all you need is a great QB.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has tried to make football about offense, but the worm has turned...defense matters, a lot. Although I want the Seahawks to win the Superbowl, if they fail, let the winner be a team that features defense. So no Saints, Broncos, or Pats, the hell with those teams that think all you need is a great QB.

Pass, pass, pass. This is a passing league! That's all you ever hear about these days.

PC&JS built a team that eats passing games for breakfast and if we don't get it? I agree, both San Fran and Carolina feature stonewall defenses. I hope the Lombardi goes to the NFC this year.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tacoma and Harold' sure it has been fun watching these QB's tear up the league but it reminds almost of the Homerun steroid day's of baseball except the NFL has made QB's and the WR's no touchy with rules on top of rules.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the 49ers staying on the East coast this week? Thought I'd heard that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, those prima donna QB's make me sick anyway. Give me a tough-looking tatted up guy like Kaep. LOL. If the Niners can't win it, I'd rather see Russell Wilson or Cam Newton get a ring because I know that if one of certain "traditional" quarterbacks win it, all you will hear in the offseason from certain people is that a "running" quarterback can't win the Super Bowl.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the 49ers staying on the East coast this week? Thought I'd heard that.

Harbaugh was asked about that in the postgame press conference and he said that the Niners were flying back home.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsure what Steve Smith's status is for the game but if he's out that obviously makes it that much tougher for Carolina. Elimates the issues the Niners have with banged up corners

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Goodell wants to turn the NFL into a big tickling competition I'd love it if a team with an old school ground and pound offense with a brick wall defense hoists the Lombardi this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Goodell wants to turn the NFL into a big tickling competition I'd love it if a team with an old school ground and pound offense with a brick wall defense hoists the Lombardi this year.

You probably loved today's Niner game. Boy the officials let them play today.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tacoma and Harold' sure it has been fun watching these QB's tear up the league but it reminds almost of the Homerun steroid day's of baseball except the NFL has made QB's and the WR's no touchy with rules on top of rules.

I know I'm in the minority but I get a bigger kick out of watching a 10 to 9 slugfest than a 45 to 38 shootout.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if it was SF lifting it?

:painkiller: