• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Cardinals

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta stay with Palmer. Stanton had several passes today that could've been picked.

There was one that I remember. Certainly not several. I think your getting Stanton and Kaep mixed up.

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta stay with Palmer. Stanton had several passes today that could've been picked.

So he's a lot like Carson Palmer then right?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

There was one that I remember. Certainly not several. I think your getting Stanton and Kaep mixed up.

Weren't his first three passes to Fitzgerald nearly intercepted?

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUPER SUPER FOOTBALL WEEKEND ! Zona Wildcats remain unbeaten after hail mary TD on last play of game, and Zona Cards remain unbeaten by shutting-out the Niners in the 2nd half.....what a defense ! :suds:

........ can sit back, relax and enjoy watchin other teams next weekend as both the Cats and Cards have a BYE.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUPER SUPER FOOTBALL WEEKEND ! Zona Wildcats remain unbeaten after hail mary TD on last play of game, and Zona Cards remain unbeaten by shutting-out the Niners in the 2nd half.....what a defense ! :suds:

........ can sit back, relax and enjoy watchin other teams next weekend as both the Cats and Cards have a BYE.

Kinda sucks both teams have bye weeks. What the hell am I supposed to look forward to next weekend?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't his first three passes to Fitzgerald nearly intercepted?

One of them was. The other two were caught by Fitz. There's a big difference between a completed pass and an "almost" interception. Either way, I agree we need to stick with Palmer when he is healthy.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cro's injury is not too serious. Hyper-extension with a bone bruise. If he misses any games, Powers slides over & Bethel comes in to play the slot.

This is good news & bad news. The good, he has 2 weeks to get healthy. The bad, we have Denver up next & Powers isn't the greatest cover guy on the outside if Cro misses the game.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cro's injury is not too serious. Hyper-extension with a bone bruise. If he misses any games, Powers slides over & Bethel comes in to play the slot.

This is good news & bad news. The good, he has 2 weeks to get healthy. The bad, we have Denver up next & Powers isn't the greatest cover guy on the outside if Cro misses the game.

I never want to see powers play the outside corner again! He is fine in the slot or nickle but he is not a true cover corner. I expect cromartie to be back for the Denver game.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game reminded me why they are called the "Whiners". The players, the fans, good lord...I have never seen so much crying and complaining. They were probably in their right a time or two, but the other 12 times are probably where they should focus on.

Did Joe Staley think he was a coach or something? He reminds me of those guys you would have on your team that would scream and yell at the refs to compensate for their lack of contribution where it counts

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the 2 back to back personal foul penalties are the ones everyone is talking about. The first one shown in regular speed looks like a good call. These refs don't get to use slow motion to determine if the guy started his tackle before the slide. And it did look as if he could have made an attempt to pull up, which he clearly didn't. I think that was a questionable call that could have gone either way. But I sure don't think it was just an awful call.

The second seems like a no brainer call to me. If you don't like that penalty, then you just don't like the rules. But to say that was a legal hit with the way the rules are outlined today just isn't right. Willis lowered his head into the chest of Stanton and drove him into the ground that way. I do think that should be a legal hit, but it was a good call for how the rule are layed out. You can't spear a QB into the ground like. Sorry.

Besides, to say those calls cost the 49ers the game is crazy. The Cardinals were driving and Stanton's run was a first down anyways. Why would anyone assume the Cardinals only scored there because of those calls? The way they were playing at the time, they probably would have scored anyways.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the 2 back to back personal foul penalties are the ones everyone is talking about. The first one shown in regular speed looks like a good call. These refs don't get to use slow motion to determine if the guy started his tackle before the slide. And it did look as if he could have made an attempt to pull up, which he clearly didn't. I think that was a questionable call that could have gone either way. But I sure don't think it was just an awful call.

The second seems like a no brainer call to me. If you don't like that penalty, then you just don't like the rules. But to say that was a legal hit with the way the rules are outlined today just isn't right. Willis lowered his head into the chest of Stanton and drove him into the ground that way. I do think that should be a legal hit, but it was a good call for how the rule are layed out. You can't spear a QB into the ground like. Sorry.

Besides, to say those calls cost the 49ers the game is crazy. The Cardinals were driving and Stanton's run was a first down anyways. Why would anyone assume the Cardinals only scored there because of those calls? The way they were playing at the time, they probably would have scored anyways.

Exactly. The first personal foul was on a second and six play. Stanton was clearly passed the yard to gain when he was hit. The second personal foul was on first and 10. If anything, those two plays had very little to do with the outcome of the game.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want to put yourself in an officiating grey area then don't pop the QB like that when he's in the process of sliding. Whiners got punked and if they want to blame the refs they can. This wasn't a 1-point game.