• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers beat Bills out in trade to draft Hyde

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers News ? Niner Insider Blog » Trade win: 49ers beat out Bills for RB Hyde

Explain why they moved back up. Bills were after him.

“We knew we wanted to get up, back into the second round,” Bills director of player personnel Jim Monos said to the team’s Web site, via buffalorumblings.com. “We had the ammunition to do it. We kind of looked at each other and said ‘Hey, let’s make some calls, see if we can get back in this.’”
Instead, the 49ers beat them to the back. Hyde, a 6-foot, 235-pound bruiser, had 1,527 yards, averaged 7.3 yards a carry and scored 15 touchdowns last year. The 49ers landed him after trading two just-acquired picks – a second-rounder (No. 63) and fifth-rounder (No. 171) – to the Dolphins for No. 57.
“They got our guy,” said Monos. “You win some, you lose some.”

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers News ? Niner Insider Blog » Trade win: 49ers beat out Bills for RB Hyde

Explain why they moved back up. Bills were after him.

“We knew we wanted to get up, back into the second round,” Bills director of player personnel Jim Monos said to the team’s Web site, via buffalorumblings.com. “We had the ammunition to do it. We kind of looked at each other and said ‘Hey, let’s make some calls, see if we can get back in this.’”
Instead, the 49ers beat them to the back. Hyde, a 6-foot, 235-pound bruiser, had 1,527 yards, averaged 7.3 yards a carry and scored 15 touchdowns last year. The 49ers landed him after trading two just-acquired picks – a second-rounder (No. 63) and fifth-rounder (No. 171) – to the Dolphins for No. 57.
“They got our guy,” said Monos. “You win some, you lose some.”

Bills were saved by the 49ers in my opinion. The only reason Hyde racked up so many YPC is because teams were threatened by Braxton Miller running the ball instead.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bills were saved by the 49ers in my opinion. The only reason Hyde racked up so many YPC is because teams were threatened by Braxton Miller running the ball instead.

You're such a blatant hater of ohio st players. You do realize that Hyde was the first ever 1,000 yard back Meyer has ever had. EVER. and he had some pretty talented offensive teams that defenses had to key on as well, yet none of the RBs ever have come close to what Hyde did this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hyde_yo_kids.png

Saw that & thought it was pretty funny. :laugh:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I love this video highlight of Hyde. It starts out with him talking about his suspension and you can tell the kid was sincere. Urban said that Hyde turned things around this year and was more dedicated than he has ever seen him, and you could tell too. If you watch his film from this year and compare to last year, his explosion and acceleration is so much greater. Cant wait to see what Rathman does with him.

[YOUTUBE]qrImF-MBEj4[/YOUTUBE]

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're such a blatant hater of ohio st players. You do realize that Hyde was the first ever 1,000 yard back Meyer has ever had. EVER. and he had some pretty talented offensive teams that defenses had to key on as well, yet none of the RBs ever have come close to what Hyde did this year.

IIRC, I was a supporter of keeping Ted Ginn jr.
I liked James 'Laryngitis' coming out
I like me some Joey Bosa
I'm high on Dontre Wilson

Hyde lacks burst, really don't think he'll be special. He's much like Dwyer for the Steelers

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:laugh3:

How do you know about thar guy Sick? I'm shocked that you would get the joke or the story behind that guy.

I was beckoned to the estate of a friend of mine by a hand-written letter I received via Pony Express one day. After asking a neighbor to feed my cattle and pigs, I began the journey asking the good Lord to bless my travels. After 3 weeks of sleeping under the stars and eating dehydrated beef, I finally arrived at his home where he greeted me holding a big, round roll of film. He insisted, "Dude you've got to see this." We fired up his projector and both got a hearty laugh out of it. Unfortunately, I got a small cut on the way back and died of tetanus. :rip:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IIRC, I was a supporter of keeping Ted Ginn jr.
I liked James 'Laryngitis' coming out
I like me some Joey Bosa
I'm high on Dontre Wilson

Hyde lacks burst, really don't think he'll be special. He's much like Dwyer for the Steelers

Hyde has very good burst for a 6' 230+ pound back. He lacks top end speed, but he has very good burst. Watch him burst through the lines and get to the second level.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hyde has very good burst for a 6' 230+ pound back. He lacks top end speed, but he has very good burst. Watch him burst through the lines and get to the second level.

When it comes to zone reads offenses, defenses take a second longer to diagnosis the plays, which allows a RB to get this illusion of burst. His 10 yard split was an embarrassing 1.69. Just to compare to a RB of similar style and size, Jeremy Hill's was a 1.6.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When it comes to zone reads offenses, defenses take a second longer to diagnosis the plays, which allows a RB to get this illusion of burst. His 10 yard split was an embarrassing 1.69. Just to compare to a RB of similar style and size, Jeremy Hill's was a 1.6.

A drill in spandex running straight ahead is a little different than reading a defense, an offensive line, taking a hand off, following blockers, and planting a foot. He lacks top end speed and lateral quickness, but all you have to do is watch him play. He is patient, finds the whole and hits it hard, gets to the second level, and never falls backwards. I watched him run right past defenders. All you have to do is watch the film.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A drill in spandex running straight ahead is a little different than reading a defense, an offensive line, taking a hand off, following blockers, and planting a foot. He lacks top end speed and lateral quickness, but all you have to do is watch him play. He is patient, finds the whole and hits it hard, gets to the second level, and never falls backwards. I watched him run right past defenders. All you have to do is watch the film.

I watch a lot of big ten football and was never impressed by Hyde as an NFL prospect. I think Hunter should be our guy this year assuming Gore has regressed due to aging.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I watch a lot of big ten football and was never impressed by Hyde as an NFL prospect. I think Hunter should be our guy this year assuming Gore has regressed due to aging.

I know you do, you're a Penn St fan. We agree to disagree. WE do agree however on Joey Bosa. That kid is going to be a stud

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love this video highlight of Hyde. It starts out with him talking about his suspension and you can tell the kid was sincere. Urban said that Hyde turned things around this year and was more dedicated than he has ever seen him, and you could tell too. If you watch his film from this year and compare to last year, his explosion and acceleration is so much greater. Cant wait to see what Rathman does with him.

[YOUTUBE]qrImF-MBEj4[/YOUTUBE]

I do like the thought of some inside read-option runs with him. I don't see his burst as being noticeably worse than Lacy's, but we'll see what he can do in the league. He'll be playing behind a good OL.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read this thread but can he pass block? Gore is awesome in that area. I think this is one reason Hunter doesn't see the field more.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I haven't read this thread but can he pass block? Gore is awesome in that area. I think this is one reason Hunter doesn't see the field more.

He needs work. He isn't great but isn't horrid. He's not close to Gore.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I'm admittedly not a Hyde expert (although I did like what I saw when I did see him play), but Kipe & Todd were saying that blitz pickup was one of his best qualities.

Todd says, "Most importantly, he can get on the field right now 'cause he can block Mel." 2:09

Last edited by a moderator:

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm admittedly not a Hyde expert (although I did like what I saw when I did see him play), but Kipe & Todd were saying that blitz pickup was one of his best qualities.

Don't remeber which network it was Espn or NFL Network,but one of them compared him to Arian Foster.