• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers at the Alex Smith's GDT

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ had 2 passes go his way. One way under thrown for a int. Another fors a 22 yard pick up on 3rd down on a 3rd and long which would have been a first down that he caught with no problems on his end, but Looney held someone so it was called back.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I only saw the second half, but he did have a nice catch that was called back for holding...

Other than that, he didn't do much. But McCoy and Tolzien looked like hell...

Hard to judge any WR with them throwing the ball...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reminding myself that good teams play like shit in preseason. They are looking for a few backups and play backups more. Bad teams are looking for starters and play starters more to find them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whatever...

Someone doesn't have time delay...

lol

I was watching on NFL Network's coverage. I believe their coverage is often behind what is shown locally to fans but I did not know what was going to happen. I didn't have gamecenter up. Gamecenter is usually even behind NFL Network's coverage as well. Again, it doesn't really matter, though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chiefs fans feel about Baldwin the way we feel about AJ Jenkins

it looked like I saw all trust in Baldwin seep out of Smith's eyes on those drives. He looked like he took a mental note or was frustrated with Baldwin. Maybe his frustration was in general, though. I might be reading too much into it. Smith couldn't have come out with a positive impression of Baldwin, not that Smith was perfect on passes to him.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was watching on NFL Network's coverage. I believe their coverage is often behind what is shown locally to fans but I did not know what was going to happen. I didn't have gamecenter up. Gamecenter is usually even behind NFL Network's coverage as well. Again, it doesn't really matter, though.

I was kiddin Pozz...

As usual, you were just right on the money!

:suds:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single reception for Patton? :(

He played right?

I dont think he actually made it into the game, but was around doing pregame warmup stuff. Even if he was the QBs for most of the games sucked so bad he wouldnt have had a chance anyway

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, and I'm starting to think that I shouldn't be too harsh on AJ until the regular season. Obviously that fumble last week was a big negative along with all of the negative stories, but QB play really makes a difference for WRs. Even as good as Alex was playing, Crabtree was a completely different WR statistically speaking, when Kaepernick took over.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was kiddin Pozz...

As usual, you were just right on the money!

:suds:

It's ok. I wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to take that but I didn't think there was any attitude to it or anything. I just wanted to explain myself for some dumb reason.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to judge any WR with them throwing the ball...

Pretty sad that with all the snaps that both Tolzien and McCoy have recieved so far in the pre-season, that neither one of them can get into a rhythm, let alone get into the end zone. And most of their work has come against non starters all the way down to try-out players...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player on defense or the player that made the most plays on defense today was Nick Moody. he was fast and always around the ball to make the tackles. 10 Solo tackles today

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pretty sad that with all the snaps that both Tolzien and McCoy have recieved so far in the pre-season, that neither one of them can get into a rhythm, let alone get into the end zone. And most of their work has come against non starters all the way down to try-out players...

more like embarrassing... ohh dios mio....

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think he actually made it into the game, but was around doing pregame warmup stuff. Even if he was the QBs for most of the games sucked so bad he wouldnt have had a chance anyway

He might have been lined up in the 5 WR set that they ran a couple times? I didn''t see him though...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, that kick return for a TD highlights why I'm tired of these "old man" kickers. A 38 year old man can't do shit to stop a 20 something year old returner.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The best player on defense or the player that made the most plays on defense today was Nick Moody. he was fast and always around the ball to make the tackles. 10 Solo tackles today

I wonder if he will see earlier action in the next 2 games?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton and Williams set they were there for pre game workouts tho

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reminding myself that good teams play like shit in preseason. They are looking for a few backups and play backups more. Bad teams are looking for starters and play starters more to find them.
Actually, most of starters on the "good" teams played the entire first quarter and part of the second quarter. I believe Tom Brady and Drew Brees played the entire first half and lit it up. I still wouldn't read into it too much. Preseason is a bunch of vanilla nonsense.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, most of starters on the "good" teams played the entire first quarter and part of the second quarter. I believe Tom Brady and Drew Brees played the entire first half and lit it up. I still wouldn't read into it too much. Preseason is a bunch of vanilla nonsense.

I've never really understood that strategy by the NFL. They pretty much know how the starters play together from the previous seasons and most practices, you would think teams would mix and match backup players they want to see something from into starting positions... because if they do end up playing in the regular season it will be in sub duty surrounded by starters, not surrounded by 2nd and 3rd string units.

But, whatever, decades of backups going against backups seems to tell them what they want to know.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really understood that strategy by the NFL. They pretty much know how the starters play together from the previous seasons and most practices, you would think teams would mix and match backup players they want to see something from into starting positions... because if they do end up playing in the regular season it will be in sub duty surrounded by starters, not surrounded by 2nd and 3rd string units.

But, whatever, decades of backups going against backups seems to tell them what they want to know.
That's a good point. Different coaches look at the preseason in different ways. There is no wright or wrong formula. We have seen teems go 4-0 in the preseason and win the Superbowl and we have seen teems go 0-4 in the preseason and win the Superbowl. How about the Lions who went 4-0 in the preseason and 0-16 in the regular season. It's a joke and they should cut it back to 2 games. I am all for a 18 game season.