• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is huge. It would be bizarre for the Niners to trade away their best receiver when they are prime Super Bowl contenders, but if Aiyuk is not going to play for them maybe it is their only move, but I doubt he would hold out during the season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is huge. It would be bizarre for the Niners to trade away their best receiver when they are prime Super Bowl contenders, but if Aiyuk is not going to play for them maybe it is their only move, but I doubt he would hold out during the season.
SF screwed the pooch bc even if they get Coop + 3rd they should have done this before the draft. Amari on a 1 year deal and he is 30. I love Coop but Aiyuk is much younger and explosive

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cooper makes sense because he can help them win now and while I'd take Aiyuk over Cooper there isn't that much separation between the two players.

As much as I like Aiyuk and wanted to extend him I do feel like people are overrating his value to the team. That's less of a knock on him as a player though and more the product of the offense Shanahan runs.

The reality is for the 9ers is the money he demands just can be better spent elsewhere for the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper makes sense because he can help them win now and while I'd take Aiyuk over Cooper there isn't that much separation between the two players.

As much as I like Aiyuk and wanted to extend him I do feel like people are overrating his value to the team. That's less of a knock on him as a player though and more the product of the offense Shanahan runs.

The reality is for the 9ers is the money he demands just can be better spent elsewhere for the team.
The separation is his age and wear and tear. Getting through a long season and into the playoffs is tough. Amari didn’t have much left in the playoffs, he could barely stay on the field.
If we are talking one game—I agree and Amari is on a one year deal. If he can stay healthy for them it gives them another great shot at a possible SB

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The separation is his age and wear and tear. Getting through a long season and into the playoffs is tough. Amari didn’t have much left in the playoffs, he could barely stay on the field.
If we are talking one game—I agree and Amari is on a one year deal. If he can stay healthy for them it gives them another great shot at a possible SB
Cooper comes with baggage for sure but the 9ers are in win-now mode this year and Cooper is probably the best they can do to minimize the impact of losing Aiyuk for this season.

Plus Cooper's cap hit is lower than Aiyuk's this year so that extra money gives them some resources to sweeten Trent William's pot since he wants more money.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
SF screwed the pooch bc even if they get Coop + 3rd they should have done this before the draft. Amari on a 1 year deal and he is 30. I love Coop but Aiyuk is much younger and explosive
They really don't want to trade Aiyuk and I think they were hopeful they could've gotten something worked out as most of the 9ers' big extensions are at the 11th hour. In fact it's unlikely but I wouldn't be completely shocked if they did end up working something out at the last minute now that things have gotten real.

From what I understand is the talks were positive early on in the offseason but the WR market exploded and the numbers just became higher than what the 9ers are willing to spend and the WR market blew up right around draft time so yeah I'd rather have them gotten this deal done before the draft but I understand why they didn't.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be whoever Aiyuk decides he wants to pay him right now.
So it might get weird if he decides to go to the Pats. Sorry Coop we tried to get rid of you.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a 48er's fan, I'd prefer a deal to get Cooper back as opposed to draft picks. I believe this would be better for the 49er's than any WR the Pats have, as I can't name any, and the 9ers are built to win now. Forgetting about age and whatever else in involved, I don't believe that is a step backwards. Cooper knows how to play as he has proven for a long time, so I just don't see that as a step backwards, to me it would be a step forward. No distraction about a contract of future, just getting the players you're going to play with on the field and practicing without distractions or locker room confusion, division or any other nonsense than winning games.

That's just my opinion and it might not be popular, but those distractions are rarely helpful.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyukidding Me!?

I heard he's trying to get a deal with the NY Jets and really wants to play with Aaron Rogers.

Rumors being what they are.

The Niners apparently haven't been impressed with the various offers from the interested teams involved..and he just may end up staying with SF.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a Browns fan- I doubt this happens---- not really that much for or against it.

What the Browns need more then anything is a healthy Chubb and Watson. The defense - especially the line and the corners/safeties, is going to be extremely good.

Browns d-line and defensive backfield is loaded- and I like what they have done at linebacker. I want them to run the ball a lot and be judicious in the passing game. I think that is the best way for them to win games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just Pollyanna stuff. If the Niners trade Ayuik they’ve made their offense worse.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be whoever Aiyuk decides he wants to pay him right now.
So it might get weird if he decides to go to the Pats. Sorry Coop we tried to get rid of you.
The Niners had a deal worked out for pick 34 with the Pats and BA didn’t want to renegotiate with the Pats so Pats backed off. Based on that, unless he’s changed his mind, it’s Cleveland.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a Browns fan- I doubt this happens---- not really that much for or against it.

What the Browns need more then anything is a healthy Chubb and Watson. The defense - especially the line and the corners/safeties, is going to be extremely good.

Browns d-line and defensive backfield is loaded- and I like what they have done at linebacker. I want them to run the ball a lot and be judicious in the passing game. I think that is the best way for them to win games.
What the Browns need more than anything is a time machine to go back in time and not trade for Watson.

Agree on the Browns talent and disagree with people saying Cooper is almost as good as Aiyuk. I don't think Aiyuk is elite or near elite and I do agree his benefits greatly from their system and the other players around him, but Cooper isn't the player he once was. He doesn't seem as quick and he always seems to have some nagging injury. As a #2 in SF though and with CMC and Kittle also as options I think he would be pretty good, but he isn't what Aiyuk is..

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand is the talks were positive early on in the offseason but the WR market exploded and the numbers just became higher than what the 9ers are willing to spend and the WR market blew up right around draft time so yeah I'd rather have them gotten this deal done before the draft but I understand why they didn't.
Really stupid lack of foresight on the Niners part.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having to deal with Trent Williams wanting to get paid what he's worth sealed the deal. I honestly don't believe they will miss Aiyuk as much as most do. They still have Juan Jennings who came on toward the end of the year. We will see what Pearsall provides and if they get Cooper back, that's still a solid group and they don't overpay for Aiyuk. Given what Shanahan's offense is, paying Aiyuk 30 mil would have been a big mistake, imo. Better to do this. Maybe they could have avoided this in March/April but I think they knew where this was going. Williams, even at 35 years old, is a far more important piece for them.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners had a deal worked out for pick 34 with the Pats and BA didn’t want to renegotiate with the Pats so Pats backed off. Based on that, unless he’s changed his mind, it’s Cleveland.

If they get Cooper or even Bourne back, it really is pretty minimal the drop off.

When it mattered most, Aiyuk was the 49er's 3rd/4th option. When viewed through that prism, he always was a luxury and not a necessity.

His biggest loss will be felt in the regular season weeks where Deebo doesnt answer the bell.