• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers 8 Pro Bowlers

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I also me tioned that he's been the highest graded cover corner in the league the past 11-12 games. If you don't think he's out best corner, then you haven't been paying attention.

Actually you didn't say anything about him being the highest graded. A grade would imply that you have some kind of metric to measure him by (other than just interceptions). Exactly what grade are you referring to? I'd like to look at it myself if possible.

I've watched all of the 49er games, and from what I have seen, Brock has made some very good plays but has also gotten beaten in coverage a bit. This is why I don't think it's appropriate to measure him just by his interceptions. In general, I think DB's are one of the most difficult positions to evaluate because the stats can be especially misleading, which is why I asked about the grade that you're coming up with.

Apparently Jim Harbaugh doesn't think he's our best corner either...because he's not starting Brock. I guess you think Harbaugh isn't paying attention either huh?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been graded has the top cover CB in the league since he took over. Also his amount of Ints in the amount of games he has player/started is the most in the league.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you didn't say anything about him being the highest graded. A grade would imply that you have some kind of metric to measure him by (other than just interceptions). Exactly what grade are you referring to? I'd like to look at it myself if possible.

I've watched all of the 49er games, and from what I have seen, Brock has made some very good plays but has also gotten beaten in coverage a bit. This is why I don't think it's appropriate to measure him just by his interceptions. In general, I think DB's are one of the most difficult positions to evaluate because the stats can be especially misleading, which is why I asked about the grade that you're coming up with.

Apparently Jim Harbaugh doesn't think he's our best corner either...because he's not starting Brock. I guess you think Harbaugh isn't paying attention either huh?

PFF is where I got the grade from. You have to be a subscriber to see however. If you check this article out, you can see the graph a couple paragraphs down. It is a week old however.

What Will the San Francisco 49ers Secondary Look Like in 2014? | Bleacher Report

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if you want to call Brock a nonstarter, that's fine, but only 8 other players have played more snaps than him on D.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure how productive Ngata has been but he is usually strong at the point of attack, Iupati is also pretty strong at the point of attack! Go 49ers!!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF is where I got the grade from. You have to be a subscriber to see however. If you check this article out, you can see the graph a couple paragraphs down. It is a week old however.

What Will the San Francisco 49ers Secondary Look Like in 2014? | Bleacher Report

Very interesting, thank you. Personally, based on what I've seen, I'd have said that he has clearly been better than Rogers, but not as good as Brown. But this article speaks for itself. I'll just have to watch Brock a little closer.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The new Pro Bowl format is a huge fail, IMO. I can't see a viable way to have a Pro Bowl in this era. Time to shelve it and move on.

Agreed. I think it's incredibly stupid. And having Deon and Jerry pick teams is just the icing on the cake of the idiocy.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be fun to watch them do a flag football game. At least it would be competitive. Also, they should bring back those position drill competitions that they used to have with the pro bowl players. I used to love watching those.