• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49er Picks

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the Patriots 3rd round pick and gave our 5th round pick. I asked one of the guys that knows a lot about NFL and 49er stuff. Some of this stuff is already known. Brown almost always came into camp out of shape, sometimes way out of shape. He also has difficulty learning the playbook. He also is a poor scheme fit better suited to power blocking scheme. Was good as a pass blocker but really struggled to maintain his blocks in the zone scheme Shanahan employs.

All of this.

Might as well get something for him before he hits FA next year....plus it's just more ammo that we hope can be put to good use.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the Patriots 3rd round pick and gave our 5th round pick. I asked one of the guys that knows a lot about NFL and 49er stuff. Some of this stuff is already known. Brown almost always came into camp out of shape, sometimes way out of shape. He also has difficulty learning the playbook. He also is a poor scheme fit better suited to power blocking scheme. Was good as a pass blocker but really struggled to maintain his blocks in the zone scheme Shanahan employs.
Ah that's right. There are 32 teams, so the 95th pick is a third rounder, not a 4th like I was thinking. I think they can find someone of equal value to Brown with that pick; most likely a different position, but he'll have value.
One thing though is I like to have a bunch of quality O Linemen because they get banged up so much.

I'm excited about the prospects for the team for this coming season and I have a feeling they are going to find some good players in the draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah that's right. There are 32 teams, so the 95th pick is a third rounder, not a 4th like I was thinking. I think they can find someone of equal value to Brown with that pick; most likely a different position, but he'll have value.
One thing though is I like to have a bunch of quality O Linemen because they get banged up so much.

I'm excited about the prospects for the team for this coming season and I have a feeling they are going to find some good players in the draft.

Me too. They gotta get it right if this team is going to become a contender.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Me too. They gotta get it right if this team is going to become a contender.

No question, the draft is the lifeblood and it must go well. Not only to build up to a SB contender, but to sustain a good team.

We all know not every single pick works out, nor every single pick is a starter. But any good team needs the continuous flow of talent. Even later draft picks can help as special teamers, role players, or situational players.

Most GM's (and their Staff) can select talent in Round 1, but where they really need to 'stand out' is Rounds 2 to 4.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dante Pettis? You move up for that? This draft is heading south....fast.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettis the WR from Washington. I would have preferred Jackson from Iowa.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have two third round picks. Traded 59 and 74 for 44 and 142.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not partricularly impressed with the Pettis pick. He's not the big bodied guy who can make room for himself and go up and get it in the red zone which I thought was the type of receiver they were looking for. Seems more the Trent Taylor type guy who they already have.
Odd though that they would trade up to get him unless they really saw something in him so I'll keep an open mind.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dante Pettis? You move up for that? This draft is heading south....fast.

Off-hand i would have to agree with 'moving up'. Ok, i WAS ok trading up but, that was for a defensive player. We all know we could really use 'edge' defenders. Hard to believe there wasn't a defensive player on the board, worth more than Pettis?

We will read more later today and tomorrow, so we'll see if the reasons were good enough?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not partricularly impressed with the Pettis pick. He's not the big bodied guy who can make room for himself and go up and get it in the red zone which I thought was the type of receiver they were looking for. Seems more the Trent Taylor type guy who they already have.
Odd though that they would trade up to get him unless they really saw something in him so I'll keep an open mind.

Yeah i guess so.

Since he isn't a 'big bodied type', he must be a very good route runner? He's likely one who can separate quickly and obviously has good hands?

i would hate to think it was for special teams? ST's is ok as gravy, but not a big factor this high in the draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I watched of Pettis the kid could play. I'm just not sure he was worth trading up for.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like the pick at all esp trading up

Yup. Don't care for the pick period, but to move up for it? Just don't understand it. Now, pretty much all the upper-tiered guys on defense are gone and SF hasn't made one pick on that side.