• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Washington Wizards vs 5) Atlanta Hawks

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Howard and shroeder don't fit the offense, but I am not sure you understand Boston's situation if you are making that comparison. Those Nets picks should turn into all star caliber players. The Hawks never had that. They had a roster full of good players that fit together really well. That is also why they didn't trade Horford last year.

I think I do understand Boston's position at the time Ferry was let go.
We had pieces to trade for draft position. Budenholzer just didn't utilize them AT ALL. He didn't use them for NBA players in trade either, he got zero return.
I looked at the roster, contracts, draft picks and Ferry's record at maximizing options, it looked fantastic.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not the point. They had a big lead and momentum. Then the Hawks bench went on a huge run against the Wizard bench.

Beal had foul trouble. Brooks could have adjusted the rotation, leaving Wall in longer and giving him a break when Beal renters along with either Morris or Porter.

i think its too simplistic to say the Hawks went on the 17-2 run to end the first quarter simply because the 2nd unit came in for a few minutes

and i disagree Brooks should abandon what got them to this point ... they just had a poor first half.

not having Mahinmi in the line up has an impact also.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its too simplistic to say the Hawks went on the 17-2 run to end the first quarter simply because the 2nd unit came in for a few minutes

and i disagree Brooks should abandon what got them to this point ... they just had a poor first half.

not having Mahinmi in the line up has an impact also.

Disagree all you want, but the playoffs are different. Coaches need to adjust to be successful there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I moved to ATL 3 years ago, I've watched this death spiral of the Hawks. I'm actually starting to pity them as fans.

I've been crying to them that they should have traded Teague, Milsap and Horford years ago......and that they should have moved Milsap this year.

Management seems intent on keeping a mediocre team that isn't capable of winning anything just to sell tickets. They aren't interested in winning. Watch those idiots pay Milsap MAX money this summer for what, 15 points per? I'll never understand this.

I also told fans on this board last year that you can't make Schroeder your starting PG, because that's not what he is.....everyone is in love with a guy when he can get you 20 off the bench, but he isn't a PG that fits this system, he's a scoring guard that doesn't know how to run an offense.

Hell I was listening to the local sports talk radio station here and these people were shitting on the idea of trading for Carmelo Anthony........say what you will about him, he's better than damn near every Hawks player of all time......they don't have a player you have to double or that can score in the clutch. If they have a legit shot at Melo they should take it.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I moved to ATL 3 years ago, I've watched this death spiral of the Hawks. I'm actually starting to pity them as fans.

I've been crying to them that they should have traded Teague, Milsap and Horford years ago......and that they should have moved Milsap this year.

Management seems intent on keeping a mediocre team that isn't capable of winning anything just to sell tickets. They aren't interested in winning. Watch those idiots pay Milsap MAX money this summer for what, 15 points per? I'll never understand this.

I also told fans on this board last year that you can't make Schroeder your starting PG, because that's not what he is.....everyone is in love with a guy when he can get you 20 off the bench, but he isn't a PG that fits this system, he's a scoring guard that doesn't know how to run an offense.

Hell I was listening to the local sports talk radio station here and these people were shitting on the idea of trading for Carmelo Anthony........say what you will about him, he's better than damn near every Hawks player of all time......they don't have a player you have to double or that can score in the clutch. If they have a legit shot at Melo they should take it.

Milsap is a complete player, he should have been part of a championship level team. It's too late for that now though. If his contract is up it's too late to get any return for him in now in trade, so it's a tough call whether to keep him at max or let him leave with no return.
It's too late for me to waste a lot of thought on now though. The once in a generation hand Ferry built has been completely squandered, there is no viable path forward.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milsap is a complete player, he should have been part of a championship level team. It's too late for that now though. If his contract is up it's too late to get any return for him in now in trade, so it's a tough call whether to keep him at max or let him leave with no return.
It's too late for me to waste a lot of thought on now though. The once in a generation hand Ferry built has been completely squandered, there is no viable path forward.

Millsap could have been part of a championship caliber team. Not as it's best player though.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is a must-win.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards racking up fouls early.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, this is unraveling awfully fast. :L

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's the Wizards' turn to look sloppy.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two starters for the Wizards with three fouls.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:15 into the quarter and the Wizards are already in the penalty.

Also, I thought that was a three-point shot.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God, this game is such a shitshow. :L

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00