• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 Pittsburgh Penguins v. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning Series Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing my comp tomorrow will suffice to cheer me up. But for now... labor.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than losing after having a 3-1 games lead.. I'm still pretty satisfied with how this team played. Yeah, of course the power-play was excruciating to watch, but other than that short-coming, they all showed amazing resiliency and grit.

You can't predict injuries. They happen.. and you move on. And the Penguins as an organization showed tremendous wherewithal going about the business at hand without feeling sorry for themselves and battled. Just didn't have quite enough battle left in the tank at the end.

I'm proud of this team. Will be sad to see some of the vets move on, but it's likely to happen. Dupuis and Talbot especially. Hope Duper makes it back.

edit: craig adams, too

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series loss is a blessing in disguise. The team wasn't going to go far in the playoffs anyway. If Crosby had been cleared to come back in round 2, who knows what kind of potential re-injury he could have suffered, setting him back even more. Now he has another 4-5 months of healing/conditioning time.

My blood pressure and stress levels won't continue to be elevated for the next 2 weeks.
Plus, not giving the Caps or the Flyers the satisfaction of taking us out is priceless. ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going out at the hands of either of those two is...nice I suppose. I certainly didn't want to spend my summer listening to those fans brag about beating the Pens B team.

Time to start an offseason thread, no?

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series loss is a blessing in disguise. The team wasn't going to go far in the playoffs anyway. If Crosby had been cleared to come back in round 2, who knows what kind of potential re-injury he could have suffered, setting him back even more. Now he has another 4-5 months of healing/conditioning time.

My blood pressure and stress levels won't continue to be elevated for the next 2 weeks.
Plus, not giving the Caps or the Flyers the satisfaction of taking us out is priceless. ;)

Yes. Yes. Yes. 100 % agree.

This was a doomed season. I couldn't be prouder of what the boys were able to accomplish all things considered. Time to get everyone healthy for next year and see what we can do.