• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find it right now--my wife may have thrown it out because she hates it--but I have a badass t-shirt of that Sixers team. It shows Iverson, the MVP, Mutombo, the defensive MVP, and McKie, the sixth man of the year.

It's gray, not black, but is basically a version of this, which I just found on Google images. My guess is that it's still packed somewhere because she knows I would be mad if she threw it away, so she just buried it.

EEvhg4ZXoAAMprx.jpg

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while it is true that no one besides Iverson and McKie could really score on that team, that was a good defensive team. The fact that no one could score also made it easier in a sense because Iverson was a ball hog anyway, so everyone had a clear role to play. It somehow worked.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your dad a Philly fan then?

I too love AI

I am saying it is funny that an old white dude didn't care about all the hip hop stuff, he didnt give a shit what he wore, said or did, when it came time to play he was going 100 miles per hour and Pop recognized that.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But those who voted for Embiid pointed out the vast difference between the two guys as defenders. And Jokic voters would explain that reality away by citing nonsense algorithms that made it seem like that wasn’t reality. But here we are and it’s happening again. Suns swept them hunting Jokic as a defender. It’s the same attack Warriors are employing. They involve him in every action and he isn’t talented or mobile enough to deal. His man screens for the guy Warriors want to work. Jokic sags and the screen gives him an open 3. Jokic comes out to challenge and it’s a blow by to the rim. Rinse. Repeat. You’ll see it again tonight because Nuggets have fuck all as an answer to that. All they can do is pray that Warriors will miss those open looks. So last year is fine. But everybody has already since this shit exposed this time around. So we’re giving a guy who is a liability on the defensive end come playoff time for his squad the Most VALUABLE Player award? That’s value. Nope. Not for people who value two way basketball and actually winning shit.

And here’s your regular season award:
49 of the last 50 have been on a team that has earned home court in the first round.

This doesn’t happen without bullshit metrics created by dorks like Nate Silver from 538 (most well known for predicting Hillary would win in a landslide in 2016 but I digress) who don’t know fuck all about basketball and what is truly valued. It’s this shit that tricks people into thinking Joker isn’t a liability on defense.

MVP should be able to will team to at least 1 fucking win LOL... see AI with the slop supporting cast he had vs the Kobe Shaq Lakers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers fans, apparently, we’re not allowed to have nice things.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. What's weird is that I woke up with an injured thumb the night after the game, for real. And I have no idea how I hurt it.

The good news is that he dropped 18 after that injury and stroked that sweet 3 in OT. So he played through it fine on Game 3.

Now, anyone who's had an injury like this knows it can sometimes get worse with more stress, so he may not be able to play if he messes it up more. But so far he seems to be shrugging it off and vowing to play through it, so hopefully he can manage it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. What's weird is that I woke up with an injured thumb the night after the game, for real. And I have no idea how I hurt it.

The good news is that he dropped 18 after that injury and stroked that sweet 3 in OT. So he played through it fine on Game 3.

Now, anyone who's had an injury like this knows it can sometimes get worse with more stress, so he may not be able to play if he messes it up more. But so far he seems to be shrugging it off and vowing to play through it, so hopefully he can manage it.
Makes tomorrow a really odd must win up 3-0. The extra time to heal would be huge. Need Hawks to cooperate and force a longer series.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for how he did it, he says he doesn't know but it was clearly on the big dunk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for how he did it, he says he doesn't know but it was clearly on the big dunk
I thought it was a re-aggravation of something he’s been playing with. Back in the regular season he started to really flex that hand at times.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Maybe he has been playing with a slight tear for a while. That may be why he thinks he can keep playing and is shrugging it off. But slight tears can become complete tears.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid injured his right thumb?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid injured his right thumb?
After the slam.

The only question now is whether or not those cheap, dirty TOR players will try and flail away at his hand in the hopes of injuring him further.....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the slam.

The only question now is whether or not those cheap, dirty TOR players will try and flail away at his hand in the hopes of injuring him further.....
Without a doubt they will. That’s the playoffs. If not today it will be happening in round 2.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you iggy for taking Embiid's pain and giving it to yourself. True fandom.

He really nailed it on that monster dunk.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the slam.

Of course they will. Doc should send out the goons for a bit to really goon it up while Joel rests.

And now a short prayer:

Lord John Cheney give us your powers so we may cleanse our bodies of the toronto scum and prepare our souls for round 2.
Amen

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes tomorrow a really odd must win up 3-0. The extra time to heal would be huge. Need Hawks to cooperate and force a longer series.
Hey, Barnes won rookie of the year.

So, that poll I put so much stock in got it wrong.

Could happen for MVP too.