• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Embiid was tired, which is a problem for him as series go on, and also worried because he was getting into foul trouble.

He needs to play better defensively and I think he will.
I think Embiid wants to win but he’s struggling on establishing that IT factor and that killer instinct. Here’s the problem: for the most part that’s an athlete’s make up and not necessarily something that gets developed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I am starting to agree. I think his value will be very low though and they may need to rehabilitate him and deal him before the next trade deadline. He really looked to be growing as an offensive player after playing for Australia during the Olympics, but I have seen none of that in recent months. I do think he has lost confidence, and not just on offense but on defense.
If they “rehabilitate” his value, they might as well keep him if they think he can become a willing 35% three point shooter with the ability to drive base line. I’m saying if that was possible, he would have done it already. He was a 22-23 year old rookie. Dude is relatively old now. It’s not gonna happen. Hindsight is 20/20 but he shouldn’t have been a no deal desire from Morey in the Harden trade.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Embiid was tired, which is a problem for him as series go on, and also worried because he was getting into foul trouble.

He needs to play better defensively and I think he will.
Yeah they were really fucking him on most of those calls yesterday.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they were really fucking him on most of those calls yesterday.
Disagree. Embiid got a fair whistle last night. In fact, it probably was a little slanted in his favor.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Embiid wants to win but he’s struggling on establishing that IT factor and that killer instinct. Here’s the problem: for the most part that’s an athlete’s make up and not necessarily something that gets developed.
Lebron was a pussy with no killer instinct for a whole decade and then he developed it. It can be done when you want it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your eyes checked. Number 5 was weak as fuck. Refs decided the game was over with that call.
That’s one whistle. I’m talking about a whole game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about calls is loser behavior, just like it was early in the series when Nurse was doing it. Don't be a bitch. Your team is losing games now because it lacks heart and effort. The Sixers have been front runners for years now. The minute they get punched in the mouth they panic.

TrevorClark98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NBA team has ever won a series (best of 7) after trailing 0-3. First time for everything though, just ask the 2004 Red Sox how that turned out for them. :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NBA team has ever won a series (best of 7) after trailing 0-3. First time for everything though, just ask the 2004 Red Sox how that turned out for them. :D
Rivers would be the one to set that record

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a former Philly beat reporter make an interesting point, which was that the Sixers may be giving up because they realize they will never win anything beyond this series anyway now that Embiid is injured. If so, that's pathetic. But maybe the silver lining is it leads Doc to get fired, and forces other tough changes to the lineup.

I still think Tobias Harris is not the answer, but he has played well in the playoffs so maybe this offseason is the time to move him for whatever you can get. Sadly I think Harden is washed and they should not re-sign him, but he has an option to play one more season under his deal that he reportedly agreed to take, so he probably plays one more season in Philly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was a pussy with no killer instinct for a whole decade and then he developed it. It can be done when you want it.

Your LeBron hate is hilarious. Here's a recap of what LeBron did his first 10 years in the league.

-by his 3rd year he got the Cavs to the playoffs, they missed the playoff the previous eight years

-from '06 to '10 the Cavs went to the playoffs, first time ever the franchise went to the playoffs five years in a row

-in '07 he dragged a bad roster all the way to the Finals

-in his 9th & 10th year won it all

-in his first 10 years he went to the Finals four times

-8 of his first 10 years he went to the playoffs

-from '09 to '13 he won 4 MVP awards

Not that you were comparing the two. But here's what Embiid has done during his injury riddled career so far (8 years).

-his first 2 years in the league didn't play a game

-76ers have been to the playoffs the last five seasons but have yet to get outta the 2nd round

-this season Embiid cried to the media that nobody likes him

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the narrative but this one isn’t on Doc. Adults shouldn’t need a coach for them to show up and bring energy to a close out game. He’s the coach so he gets some blame but more blame belongs to Embiid and Harden.
Agree....as well as credit to the Raps.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree....as well as credit to the Raps.
Already done. But pretty much because that’s what you’re supposed to do. This has been all about the Sixers not showing up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about calls is loser behavior, just like it was early in the series when Nurse was doing it. Don't be a bitch. Your team is losing games now because it lacks heart and effort. The Sixers have been front runners for years now. The minute they get punched in the mouth they panic.
Front runners? They've never been out in front.

This has been a climb out of the cellar every step of the way.

You must be thinking brian colangelo drafted Tatum instead of fultz and the organization kept butler over baby ben.