• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc to the Lakers? Keep hope alive!

They played like a team that thought they could coast since Toronto has so many people banged up. No inspiration or sense of purpose. Classic Doc.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played like a team that thought they could coast since Toronto has so many people banged up. No inspiration or sense of purpose. Classic Doc.
I know the narrative but this one isn’t on Doc. Adults shouldn’t need a coach for them to show up and bring energy to a close out game. He’s the coach so he gets some blame but more blame belongs to Embiid and Harden.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Ben? Maybe. But for the Sixers this was the moment they should have shit canned Brett Brown and traded Simmons (2 things that happened anyway later) and chosen Jimmy Butler to cater to and make a priority. You see it in their DNA now. They lack that killer instinct. Years of exposure to Butler would have instilled that in Embiid. Fuck Ben Simmons. The tweet picked the wrong guy Butler would have whipped into being a champion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the narrative but this one isn’t on Doc. Adults shouldn’t need a coach for them to show up and bring energy to a close out game. He’s the coach so he gets some blame but more blame belongs to Embiid and Harden.

Yeah, but it is his job to make sure these adults are prepared and playing like adults. His record in closeout games is abysmal, and beyond the point where you could call it a coincidence.

I know Embiid's thumb injury is a story, but the bigger story is the offense's complete discombobulation. The guard play--Toronto is only playing one guard due to injuries--is atrocious. Harden's offense is totally off now that he cannot drive or get any lift on his shot. He is an unconfident spot up shooter because he is so used to shooting off the dribble. Maxey meanwhile, I love him but they are doing a much better job of defending him using bigger players, as well as targeting him with bigger guys on defense where he is still below average, and he is making poor decisions.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it is his job to make sure these adults are prepared and playing like adults. His record in closeout games is abysmal, and beyond the point where you could call it a coincidence.

I know Embiid's thumb injury is a story, but the bigger story is the offense's complete discombobulation. The guard play--Toronto is only playing one guard due to injuries--is atrocious. Harden's offense is totally off now that he cannot drive or get any lift on his shot. He is an unconfident spot up shooter because he is so used to shooting off the dribble. Maxey meanwhile, I love him but they are doing a much better job of defending him using bigger players, as well as targeting him with bigger guys on defense where he is still below average, and he is making poor decisions.
His thumb might be bothering him, but where was the rim protection last night?
Too many easy looks for TOR and not not enough easy looks for us.
Outscored 56-26 in the paint.

I don't know if that's the players or the coach.
7 turnovers in the 1st quarter tells me they weren't prepared to match the energy level of TOR.
Harden takes 10 seconds to bring the ball up and then they are scrambling to find a shot and if it's not Embiid, it's usually a rushed jumper.
Credit to TOR, but Doc needs to make those adjustments on the fly and he doesn't see it.
It's just more of the same.

Seems like we're the only team to pass out of a double team and not find an open shot.
Shot 42% and 38.5% from the floor in these past two games.
Have to get better looks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've traded Thybulle and kept Curry and Dre
Curry gets exposed on defense. Hard to give him regular minutes in the playoffs.

Doc should have played Thybulle game 1 instead of basically wasting him for the whole series. Canada only gets to use their fucked up policy for 3 games so Doc fucked up the other 4 himself. Thybulle was clicking as a cutter the end of the regular season and now he's just not active at all.

That One Guy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this series goes to game 7

Neither the 76'ers nor the Raptors will be able to match up with the Heat in round 2

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His thumb might be bothering him, but where was the rim protection last night?
Too many easy looks for TOR and not not enough easy looks for us.
Outscored 56-26 in the paint.

I don't know if that's the players or the coach.
7 turnovers in the 1st quarter tells me they weren't prepared to match the energy level of TOR.
Harden takes 10 seconds to bring the ball up and then they are scrambling to find a shot and if it's not Embiid, it's usually a rushed jumper.
Credit to TOR, but Doc needs to make those adjustments on the fly and he doesn't see it.
It's just more of the same.

Seems like we're the only team to pass out of a double team and not find an open shot.
Shot 42% and 38.5% from the floor in these past two games.
Have to get better looks.
I would argue that they had open looks but puckered when it came to letting the shot fly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry gets exposed on defense. Hard to give him regular minutes in the playoffs.

Doc should have played Thybulle game 1 instead of basically wasting him for the whole series. Canada only gets to use their fucked up policy for 3 games so Doc fucked up the other 4 himself. Thybulle was clicking as a cutter the end of the regular season and now he's just not active at all.
Thybulle hasn’t been that good recently at all. His defense hasn’t really been there either to be honest. He has zero confidence. They need to move on in the off season while he still has value. He’s a failed project.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thybulle hasn’t been that good recently at all. His defense hasn’t really been there either to be honest. He has zero confidence. They need to move on in the off season while he still has value. He’s a failed project.

As we saw with Okoro the minute teams know they can put him on an island the rest of the offense suffers

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Embiid was tired, which is a problem for him as series go on, and also worried because he was getting into foul trouble.

He needs to play better defensively and I think he will.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly I am starting to agree. I think his value will be very low though and they may need to rehabilitate him and deal him before the next trade deadline. He really looked to be growing as an offensive player after playing for Australia during the Olympics, but I have seen none of that in recent months. I do think he has lost confidence, and not just on offense but on defense.