• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.28 Rox @ Lumber

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I stand corrected....
What Fangraphs didn't give, which I wish they did because I think its an important measurement of bullpens, is inherited runners scored. That number has become a big deal to me since the Cory Gearrin days, when he was phenomenal at getting out of his own messes but sure did jack up the ERA of the guy before him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking it up I'd wager our bullpen is top 10-12 in baseball so far. I bet @LHG can find the stats.
depends upon how you want to measure it. BS is an incredibly hard stat to find. That's where I'd start.

I'd doubt we are top 10, but I'd be willing to be wrong.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent thought on Fangraphs. Turns out the Giants are...wait for it.....

LAST IN THE ML in blown saves. at 7

Tied with the White Sox. A'ss and Yankass are first with zero.

Imagine if we were simply average in that stat.

I do trust FZ to shuffle the roster to find a more competent bunch.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent thought on Fangraphs. Turns out the Giants are...wait for it.....

LAST IN THE ML in blown saves. at 7

Tied with the White Sox. A'ss and Yankass are first with zero.

Imagine if we were simply average in that stat.

I do trust FZ to shuffle the roster to find a more competent bunch.
We'd have a full season of Alvarez, Garcia and Wisler if Sabean were still in charge. It will be interesting to see how patient FZ is with those guys. I imagine, at the current rate, Alvarez stands the best chance of sticking around as he's a Kapler signing and is the least crappy of the bunch.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think about it, I've been corresponding with all of you fellow lunatic fringes for about 13 years and yet have never met any of you (that I'm aware of) nor know any of your names (except maybe cal's, I think I stumbled upon it once). It can be easy to forget that we are all human and have to deal with life issues. I do try to pray for you all every once in a while.

Thanks for the prayers, LHG. Some of us need them more than others of us. Way more.

And Jeez, 13 years is a long time!

Reactions: LHG

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire bullpen isn't awful. There's a certain pitcher (*cough* Rogers!) that a certain poster had been advocating for a shot for years who, surprise, is pitching well. Doval has been good since his call up. Moronta was doing well before hitting the IL. Baragar is looking pretty good so far (but needs to cut down on the base traffic). McGee, in spite of his recent hiccups, has put together a decent start to the season.
However, the down side of this bullpen has been really bad. I'm shocked that the Giants were able to trade Peralta. He looked more like dfa fodder. May be able to chalk that up to FZ genius. Alvarez hasn't been that good and looks like a big meltdown in progress. Santos earned the demotion and shouldn't have been called up to begin with. Garcia mercifully got put on the IL. Wisler needs to be let go. He's pitched awfully.
So, in my opinion, this bullpen is Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde. Its the good and the ugly. There is no bad.
McGee, in spite of his recent hiccups, has put together a decent start to the season...

Agreed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd have a full season of Alvarez, Garcia and Wisler if Sabean were still in charge. It will be interesting to see how patient FZ is with those guys. I imagine, at the current rate, Alvarez stands the best chance of sticking around as he's a Kapler signing and is the least crappy of the bunch.
If Sabey Sabes was still in charge, we never would have seen any of them in the vanilla and orange. He was typically pretty good at finding decent bully arms.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Fangraphs didn't give, which I wish they did because I think its an important measurement of bullpens, is inherited runners scored. That number has become a big deal to me since the Cory Gearrin days, when he was phenomenal at getting out of his own messes but sure did jack up the ERA of the guy before him.

I am tracking those numbers. So far, the Giants have allowed 9/24 inherited runners to score (38%), which is pretty bad.

2019 = 35/115 (30%)

2018 = 42/135 (31%)

2017 = 53/137 (39%) :eek:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am tracking those numbers. So far, the Giants have allowed 9/24 inherited runners to score (38%), which is pretty bad.

2019 = 35/115 (30%)

2018 = 42/135 (31%)

2017 = 53/137 (39%) :eek:
I'm like this post but those numbers are not something to like.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sabey Sabes was still in charge, we never would have seen any of them in the vanilla and orange. He was typically pretty good at finding decent bully arms.
That may be. He was more about signing mediocre to bad position players and leaving them in too long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cut bait on Mig E tNada pretty quick. And he ate a year plus of Rowand...