• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/1/18 Giants go for Sweep after last night's score was overturned

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not a bad one.
I think we'll disagree on that. It may sound simplistic but any start that results in an ERA north of 5 is bad in my book. It started well but the wheels came off too hard. Osich just made it worse.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting destroyed.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps BamBam being the bench coach has continued to rub off on this awful hitting. Non-existent situational hitting an aside from Panik, a complete lack of XBH capability.

And finally, some Inherited runners for the bully. Oops!

After taking the first two (thanks, :gaah:), I am disappointed with a split. But if you'd have asked me last Wednesday, "Would a split with LA be OK with you?" I would have enthusiastically agreed.

Hangman may have jumped the gun a little early, but he may be a trend setter.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Yankees would give us for Bumgarner

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps BamBam being the bench coach has continued to rub off on this awful hitting. Non-existent situational hitting an aside from Panik, a complete lack of XBH capability.

After taking the first two (thanks, :gaah:), I am disappointed with a split. But if you'd have asked me last Wednesday, "Would a split with LA be OK with you?" I would have enthusiastically agreed.

Yes, a split would have been amazing a week ago. The problem is that the two wins were at the beginning of the series, which make these two losses harder to swallow. Had it been reversed, I think the two losses wouldn't have been as hard. However, when does losing ever feel good?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Yankees would give us for Bumgarner
Come on Hangman, I know these losses are hard but can we wait a couple of months (and for Bumgarner to get healthy) before we start trading off everyone?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Hangman, I know these losses are hard but can we wait a couple of months (and for Bumgarner to get healthy) before we start trading off everyone?

Its been sinse the allstar game 2 years ago that they have been playing worth anything. Its been long enough. I hated the move for Samardzija and for Cueto. We over paid and then lost draft picks because of it. I was upset when we made those moves and everyone here was saying that they threw a lot of innings and were good for the team. Now they have handcuffed us into being crap and we are stuck with them for several more seasons. This team has been throwing money away at old players who cant perform for way too long. None of them have worked out well. Huff, Cain, Crawford, Pence, Span, Melecon, Belt, Zito, ect... Other GMs would be fired for these moves. 2nd most money spent and one of the worst teams in MLB over the last 2 years and probably this year as well.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been sinse the allstar game 2 years ago that they have been playing worth anything. Its been long enough. I hated the move for Samardzija and for Cueto. We over paid and then lost draft picks because of it. I was upset when we made those moves and everyone here was saying that they threw a lot of innings and were good for the team. Now they have handcuffed us into being crap and we are stuck with them for several more seasons. This team has been throwing money away at old players who cant perform for way too long. None of them have worked out well. Huff, Cain, Crawford, Pence, Span, Melecon, Belt, Zito, ect... Other GMs would be fired for these moves. 2nd most money spent and one of the worst teams in MLB over the last 2 years and probably this year as well.

This fucking team. What have they done for us lately? I'm surprised you still watch.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today’s game, Stratton looked OK today. He was awesome in the first 3 innings, and the run he gave up in the 4th was on Jackson / Panik.

But his curve was no longer working in the 4th and later. The dogs realized it wasn’t strike, so they stopped swinging and his FB was worthless. I am not sure he has much longevity as a starter, but he may have a future as a super-reliever.

Osich showed off his 2017 prowess and Gomez showed exactly who he is.

The offense was infuriating. Posey is the slowest base runner in the history of slow base runners. How do you not score on a double down the line? And Wotus was right in giving him the stop sign. And then he blows my mind by stealing 3rd his next AB. Damn you, Gerald!! Stop with the confusion.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being disappointed with the split is an understatement. That familiar sinking is returning.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series Thread: - Mariners @ Giants: 4/3/18 - 4/4/18

Just started a series thread on the Mariners board as well. If any of you feel like venturing over, we love to have other voices. Our last series thread got over 200 responses, which is solid for a shitty franchise like ours. I'll be bouncing between these two threads. Best of luck gentlemen, although we will probably need the luck lol.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today’s game, Stratton looked OK today. He was awesome in the first 3 innings, and the run he gave up in the 4th was on Jackson / Panik.

But his curve was no longer working in the 4th and later. The dogs realized it wasn’t strike, so they stopped swinging and his FB was worthless. I am not sure he has much longevity as a starter, but he may have a future as a super-reliever.

Osich showed off his 2017 prowess and Gomez showed exactly who he is.

The offense was infuriating. Posey is the slowest base runner in the history of slow base runners. How do you not score on a double down the line? And Wotus was right in giving him the stop sign. And then he blows my mind by stealing 3rd his next AB. Damn you, Gerald!! Stop with the confusion.
At least Posey was hitting throughout the series. Outside of Panik, and maybe Pence, no one else in that lineup looked anywhere near starting material.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Posey was hitting throughout the series. Outside of Panik, and maybe Pence, no one else in that lineup looked anywhere near starting material.
Belt looked good at the plate today. He was fouling off pitches, drawing walks and getting solid contact. Hopefully he is getting into a hot spot.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt looked good at the plate today. He was fouling off pitches, drawing walks and getting solid contact. Hopefully he is getting into a hot spot.
From what I remember, he usually hits a hot spot early each season (but sometimes it doesn't happen until May). He did look better the last two games.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a really interesting outfield. Austin Jackson used to be an incredible CF, but has graded poorly defensively since then. He had a great run at the plate with Cleveland in limited ABs. Not sure he's optimal defensively at this point, but who knows. You guys paid pennies for him, so even if he plays poorly, you guys didn't invest much in him. Andrew McCutchen is an MVP caliber player when he's on his game. He's only 31 and probably has a chip on his shoulder. I've always loved Hunter Pence, but he seems to be on the downswing of his career. Rooting for him to tear it up though.

Really looking forward to this matchup. Happy that baseball is back.