• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30th Ranked Passing Offense

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd rather look at individual and situational stats than QB rating.

Well those can be an even smller sample size; there isn't one statistic that shows who is better, but I look at everything (including passer rating) and try to weigh it objectively...

The garbage time is just one of the reasons total yardage isn't a good indicator of team performance. If a team puts up 60 points like the Saints their defense is going to look terrible statistically. But that's because they just keep kicking off & giving the other team more chances to get more meaningless yards.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Because a lot of variables play into it that shouldn't. Garbage time yards/TDs, yards after the catch and/or contact, SOS, etc.

I'd rather look at individual and situational stats than QB rating.

I agree that the eye test is always going to be the best way to evaluate a QB over passer rating and even QBR.

But on the flip side with passer rating you don't see a QB playing good with a bad passer rating.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone who has an issue with the passing numbers doesn't watch the games. gore has broken off huge runs the past few games and early in the season the offensive line was garbage. add in the injuries at wr and there's plenty of reasons why the passing game hasn't been firing on all cylinders this year.

smith hasn't played great, but when he's had to put the ball in the air he has. which has basically only been in the eagles game.