• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between 75 and 15 they were. They were a joke franchise, always stepping on their dick getting nowhere fast.

They were one of the jokiest franchises in all sports.

As a Washington sports fan,

Trust me when I say they were not one of the worst. I have experience with this.

They had a few solid cores, just none that were contender caliber.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between 75 and 15 they were. They were a joke franchise, always stepping on their dick getting nowhere fast.

In '75 they won it all. In '76 they lost in the conference finals. In '77 they made the playoffs. I realize they had some tough years that stretched from the late 70's until '13. But they are far from the jokiest franchise in all of sports. Here are some examples of teams that had it worse.

Packer- from '68 until '93 they only made the playoffs twice, '72 & '82

Lions- won it all in '57 since then have a total of 12 playoff trips in 60+ years

Browns- since '90 have a total of three playoff trips & 25 losing seasons

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In '75 they won it all. In '76 they lost in the conference finals. In '77 they made the playoffs. I realize they had some tough years that stretched from the late 70's until '13. But they are far from the jokiest franchise in all of sports. Here are some examples of teams that had it worse.

Packer- from '68 until '93 they only made the playoffs twice, '72 & '82

Lions- won it all in '57 since then have a total of 12 playoff trips in 60+ years

Browns- since '90 have a total of three playoff trips & 25 losing seasons
In that period, their biggest claim to fame was winning a 1st round matchup. They also has the Spreewell and Weber fiascos. They had 3 HOFers in their prime on the team at the same time and didn’t do jack with it.

Before ‘15, they didn’t have 7 rings. They had 1 40 year old ring and 2 from a previous city in the infancy of the league as a whole. There were grandparents in the crowd who only heard about the previous ring from their fathers or were too young to even know what basketball was when it happened.

You are getting way to focused on the details of the post than meaning of it. The point is, the WARRIORS were a craptastic franchise pre-15. The Dubs were not a team that could win. Winning was not in the cards. It wasn’t a possibility. So when they did, it was joyful and confusing. This chip doesn’t compare to that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that period, their biggest claim to fame was winning a 1st round matchup. They also has the Spreewell and Weber fiascos. They had 3 HOFers in their prime on the team at the same time and didn’t do jack with it.

Before ‘15, they didn’t have 7 rings. They had 1 40 year old ring and 2 from a previous city in the infancy of the league as a whole. There were grandparents in the crowd who only heard about the previous ring from their fathers or were too young to even know what basketball was when it happened.

You are getting way to focused on the details of the post than meaning of it. The point is, the WARRIORS were a craptastic franchise pre-15. The Dubs were not a team that could win. Winning was not in the cards. It wasn’t a possibility. So when they did, it was joyful and confusing. This chip doesn’t compare to that.

It seems that you think from '75 until '15 they were the worst franchise in the league.

"Before '15, they didn't have 7 rings"

Never said they did. I said they have 7 total rings.

-->Between 75 and 15 they were.<-- They were a joke franchise, always stepping on their dick getting nowhere fast.

They won it all in '75. And yet you say they were a joke of franchise starting in 1975.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that you think from '75 until '15 they were the worst franchise in the league.

They won it all in '75. And yet you say they were a joke of franchise starting in 1975.
You must be a blast at parties.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be a blast at parties.

Remember when you said the Warriors sucked in '75? That was funny because they won it all that season.

And you have reading comprehension issues.

-->Before ‘15, they didn’t have 7 rings.<-- They had 1 40 year old ring and 2 from a previous city in the infancy of the league as a whole. There were grandparents in the crowd who only heard about the previous ring from their fathers or were too young to even know what basketball was when it happened.

I never said they did. I said seven total. Not exactly the same as what you incorrectly claimed I said.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when you said the Warriors sucked in '75? That was funny because they won it all that season.

And you have reading comprehension issues.

I never said they did. I said seven total. Not exactly the same as what you incorrectly claimed I said.
I was talking about the feelings around the 15 title. Wtf does 7 rings have do with that? I also said BETWEEN 75 and 15. BETWEEN does not INCLUDE 75 or 15.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors are far from having the worst history, but I get what you're saying. The Warriors went through a roughly two decade period from the early '90s through latter '00s where they were pretty much the same level as the Clippers and Kings. Their performance in the NBA draft year after year was downright embarassing. Even the uniforms sucked. The only thing to be proud of was that the fans kept supporting the team.

I only knew about the '70s championship from highlights and Wilt will always be thought of as a Sixer or Laker first before he is thought of as a Warrior. I would very much doubt that any current fan knows much of anything about the Philly titles.

However, I still did have some good memories from early on in my Warriors fanhood. I think you're about the same age as me, so we had a slightly better fan experience than Warriors fans who started following after Run TMC. We at least had the Sleepy Floyd game, the birth of Nelly small ball that is now such a big part of today's NBA, and Run TMC. But you're right, after that, there was nothing to be happy about until Baron Davis and beating the Mavs in a 1st round matchup, and 2007 felt like just a blip until Curry got drafted and ownership changed. We were never going anywhere with Chris Cohan. Owners who want to win is the biggest factor for success.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@calsnowskier is just talking about how the Warriors were a complete joke for nearly all of the '90s and '00s. I think we are both Gen X, and those were our formative years. LOL. Year after year we would have a high draft pick and completely miss almost every time. The Warriors were a complete mess and we were going nowhere with the previous ownership. We probably were the worst franchise in the NBA during those decades. At least the Kings had 2002. Can't remember what the Clippers did, but it probably wasn't worse. We arguably had the worst pro sports franchise in the '90s and '00s.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are far from having the worst history, but I get what you're saying. The Warriors went through a roughly two decade period from the early '90s through latter '00s where they were pretty much the same level as the Clippers and Kings. Their performance in the NBA draft year after year was downright embarassing. Even the uniforms sucked. The only thing to be proud of was that the fans kept supporting the team.

I only knew about the '70s championship from highlights and Wilt will always be thought of as a Sixer or Laker first before he is thought of as a Warrior. I would very much doubt that any current fan knows much of anything about the Philly titles.

However, I still did have some good memories from early on in my Warriors fanhood. I think you're about the same age as me, so we had a slightly better fan experience than Warriors fans who started following after Run TMC. We at least had the Sleepy Floyd game, the birth of Nelly small ball that is now such a big part of today's NBA, and Run TMC. But you're right, after that, there was nothing to be happy about until Baron Davis and beating the Mavs in a 1st round matchup, and 2007 felt like just a blip until Curry got drafted and ownership changed. We were never going anywhere with Chris Cohan. Owners who want to win is the biggest factor for success.
But even Run TMC was an embarrassment. That team didn’t win anything.

Then they trade Mitch to the Kings for Owens and trade for Weber. Weber complains about playing center, so the Dubs trade for Seikley. But NO!! You traded by boy Owens to get Seikley! That’s unacceptable! But, um, Owens plays your position of choice, PF, and we got the center you have been complaining about and now we are on the short list to win it all this year. Hmmm…. Before the end of that season, Tom Gugliotta is in town. That never worked out, so then we got Donnie Marshall (the most over paid POS in the history of the game).

Rinse and repeat. It was a fucking clown show for my entire life until the ownership change, drafting Steph and Mullin’s jersey retirement night. That was the turning point.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then they trade Mitch to the Kings for Owens and trade for Weber. Weber complains about playing center, so the Dubs trade for Seikley. But NO!! You traded by boy Owens to get Seikley! That’s unacceptable! But, um, Owens plays your position of choice, PF, and we got the center you have been complaining about and now we are on the short list to win it all this year. Hmmm…. Before the end of that season, Tom Gugliotta is in town. That never worked out, so then we got Donnie Marshall (the most over paid POS in the history of the game).

Rinse and repeat. It was a fucking clown show for my entire life until the ownership change, drafting Steph and Mullin’s jersey retirement night. That was the turning point.

Kinda crazy how they kept downgrading with each trade they made. But no, I don't think Run TMC was an embarrassment. Let's just call it the Mullin years so that we can say that in those years they made the playoffs 5 times and advanced to the second round 3 times. Nowhere near a championship contender, but it really wasn't so bad.

And we did have the Chris and Tim burger!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really got so, so lucky to be able to draft Steph. Twolves could've easily drafted him. Better to be lucky than good sometimes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier is just talking about how the Warriors were a complete joke for nearly all of the '90s and '00s. I think we are both Gen X, and those were our formative years. LOL. Year after year we would have a high draft pick and completely miss almost every time. The Warriors were a complete mess and we were going nowhere with the previous ownership. We probably were the worst franchise in the NBA during those decades. At least the Kings had 2002. Can't remember what the Clippers did, but it probably wasn't worse. We arguably had the worst pro sports franchise in the '90s and '00s.

Yep we are both Gen X'ers. I agree with what you said about the 90's & 00's. And while they did have their down years there are examples of teams in other sports that had an even longer stretch of bad luck.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we are both Gen X'ers. I agree with what you said about the 90's & 00's. And while they did have their down years there are examples of teams in other sports that had an even longer stretch of bad luck.

Yeah, true. I think the Lions are the most extreme example. I think you pointed them out. The fact that they have had only one playoff win since 1957 is truly mind boggling. Like how do you not luck into a playoff win every other decade or so? Amazing. And this is in the NFL, which has strived for parity for the last 30 years.

The Warriors were simply at the bottom of the barrel during that time. A complete joke like Cal said.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, true. I think the Lions are the most extreme example. I think you pointed them out. The fact that they have had only one playoff win since 1957 is truly mind boggling. Like how do you not luck into a playoff win every other decade or so? Amazing. And this is in the NFL, which has strived for parity for the last 30 years.

The Warriors were simply at the bottom of the barrel during that time. A complete joke like Cal said.
The Lions truly just suck. They suck so hard two of the best to ever play their position, Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, retired with plenty of gas still in the tank rather than keep playing for them. They suck so hard that the epitome of choking down the stretch won a superbowl the year after leaving the team.
But it will be sweeter than the Cav's championship when they finally get one. Detroit will probably just be burned to the ground.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn that ugly? Didn't realize that. Seems that I owe @calsnowskier an apology for thinking he was exaggerating a bit. Hey calsnowskier a sincere my bad.

And I unfortunately know all too well about being a fan of a team that has done little to nothing for decades.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One generation is all that matters. The Cubs went 100 years without getting a chip. But even the oldest of the old only really experienced the last 70 years of it. The 30 years before that is is just stories told around the campfire. Sox fans crying about what happened (or didn’t happen) before they were born is just crying massholes. Lions fans are legit oppressed. That shit is weird. Browns fans live with a perpetual middle finger in front of their faces as the Ravens won a chip almost before the midnight truck’s engine was cool.

My sports awareness woke up in about ‘86 or so (I was already about 12, but my dad was not a sports fan, so if it wasnt 49ers, it didn’t exist). So the Dubs were always a joke. Chris Washburn was the curse that placed a stink on the org. Trading Parrish and essentially McHale for JB Caroll was an example of the norm (Pre my awareness, but the story was there).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions truly just suck. They suck so hard two of the best to ever play their position, Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, retired with plenty of gas still in the tank rather than keep playing for them. They suck so hard that the epitome of choking down the stretch won a superbowl the year after leaving the team.
But it will be sweeter than the Cav's championship when they finally get one. Detroit will probably just be burned to the ground.

I don't think it'll compare to the Cavs title for this reason. Before '16 the city of Cleveland hadn't won a major sports championship since '64.

The city of Detroit has the Pistons (3 rings), Red Wings (not sure how many Stanley Cups they have but it's more than just 2 or 3) & Tigers ('84 right?).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting one position in the first round for something like 6 consecutive seasons doesn’t help…

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One generation is all that matters. The Cubs went 100 years without getting a chip. But even the oldest of the old only really experienced the last 70 years of it. The 30 years before that is is just stories told around the campfire. Sox fans crying about what happened (or didn’t happen) before they were born is just crying massholes. Lions fans are legit oppressed. That shit is weird. Browns fans live with a perpetual middle finger in front of their faces as the Ravens won a chip almost before the midnight truck’s engine was cool.

My sports awareness woke up in about ‘86 or so (I was already about 12, but my dad was not a sports fan, so if it wasnt 49ers, it didn’t exist). So the Dubs were always a joke. Chris Washburn was the curse that placed a stink on the org. Trading Parrish and essentially McHale for JB Caroll was an example of the norm (Pre my awareness, but the story was there).

Yeah seeing the Ravens win kinda sucked. Nothing against Baltimore. No city in the country was more deserving of a team, fuck the Irsay's.

I simply did like that weasel Modell. Still have nothing but the upmost respect for Ozzie Newsome though. He was a helluva GM and should be in the HOF for that.

Parish & McHale. On behalf of all other Celtics fans let me say thank you.