• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Milwaukee Bucks vs 6) Chicago Bulls

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have posted their ballots on Twitter. You know the Giants of basketball like Lisa Hsu and of course the three identical ballots Bill Simmons made everyone at the Ringer cast. Pay attention man. It’s over. You know what’s coming next? They’re gonna put Embiid on the 2nd team All NBA. At this point, all they’re doing is making a mockery of these awards. Any All NBA team that doesn’t have Embiid on the first team is worthless but watch. It’s gonna happen.

Twitter? Absolutely not. Never have gone on it. And never will. So have no idea what's being said on something like that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter? Absolutely not. Never have gone on it. And never will. So have no idea what's being said on something like that.
You should check it out. Different feel from Facebook and Instagram. It’s great for breaking news for sports fans.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read this Tweet thread I linked the other day? Eye opening. These stats you’re using to call this an “historic” season are completely slanted to the way Jokic plays basketball and penalizes the way Embiid plays and yet Embiid is right on his heels with many of these metrics despite them being slanted against the way he plays. You can take the pencil sharpening, pocket protector wearing math problems of nerds and I’ll go by what the players say.

You don't consider a player creating a new category historic?

Be honest about this question.

If Embiid would have been the one to post the first ever 2,000 pt / 1,000 reb / 500 asts season what would have that meant to you? Would you not consider that historic?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check it out. Different feel from Facebook and Instagram. It’s great for breaking news for sports fans.

Got no interest in it whatsoever. So no thanks. That twitter stuff isn't for me.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't consider a player creating a new category historic?

Be honest about this question.

If Embiid would have been the one to post the first ever 2,000 pt / 1,000 reb / 500 asts season what would have that meant to you? Would you not consider that historic?
Nope. It’s just a change in the way the game is being played. A team plays through a point forward but now the point forward is too fat and slow to play forward. Russ missed this by 2 rebounds per game when he won MVP and he blew away the assists and the points. Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double in multiple seasons. If you mean “historic” in the sense that it marks a difference in the way teams play and that’s a novelty that’s one thing. To consider it some sort of all time season? Nah. If that was the case, they wouldn’t be the 6th seed in a top heavy Conference lagging behind a Luka team with no help and a Jazz team that’s falling apart and barely edging out a mediocre TWolves team and a Clippers Mash Unit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got no interest in it whatsoever. So no thanks. That twitter stuff isn't for me.
Do you wear socks with sandals and eat dinner at 4:30?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It’s just a change in the way the game is being played. A team plays through a point forward but now the point forward is -->too fat and slow to play forward.<-- Russ missed this by 2 rebounds per game when he won MVP and he blew away the assists and the points. Oscar Robertson averaged a triple double in multiple seasons. If you mean “historic” in the sense that it marks a difference in the way teams play and that’s a novelty that’s one thing. To consider it some sort of all time season? Nah. If that was the case, they wouldn’t be the 6th seed in a too heavy Conference lagging behind a Luka team with no help and a Jazz team that’s falling apart and barely edging out a mediocre TWolves team and a Clippers Mash Unit.

Yep he's too fat & slow. That's why he's done things this year that no other player in the game has done. Oh yeah, that fat & sloppy Jokic average more rebounds per game than your guy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep he's too fat & slow. That's why he's done things this year that no other player in the game has done. Oh yeah, that fat & sloppy Jokic average more rebounds per game than your guy.
Yep. We already did this. The major difference is in defensive rebounds. Embiid like most modern centers is expected to switch everything and guard on the perimeter. It’s the game plan for about 50% of the teams in the league to take him away from the rim. Jokic can’t switch like that so his team doesn’t even ask him. These stats you love reward him for not being able to do that and instead just vacuums his share of the many misses that occur in a basketball game because the other 4 are picking up for what he can’t do on the perimeter. You know I’ll always engage but you’re having us go over the same old shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a pair of sandals.

But you probably have a cutout of Embiid in your kitchen.
Yawn…we already did this one too. Come on dog.

I’ll advance discussion. The real “historical season” is Embiid’s. The game has changed from the 60s 70s and 80s and after the Ewing Admiral Shaq Dream era the dominant center in the NBA faded away as the three point attack became more valued. Yet here is Embiid so dominant that even this prevailing trend in the way the game is played can’t keep him from leading the league in scoring. He’s the first 5 since Moses in ‘82 to average 30+ a game. That’s the real “historical” season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. We already did this. The major difference is in defensive rebounds. Embiid like most modern centers is expected to switch everything and guard on the perimeter. It’s the game plan for about 50% of the teams in the league to take him away from the rim. Jokic can’t switch like that so his team doesn’t even ask him. These stats you love reward him for not being able to do that and instead just vacuums his share of the many misses that occur in a basketball game because the other 4 are picking up for what he can’t do on the perimeter. You know I’ll always engage but you’re having us go over the same old shit.

:laugh3:

You just can't give Jokic credit for anything he does on the court. When will the MVP be announced?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn…we already did this one too. Come on dog.

I’ll advance discussion. The real “historical season” is Embiid’s. The game has changed from the 60s 70s and 80s and after the Ewing Admiral Shaq Dream era the dominant center in the NBA faded away as the three point attack became more valued. Yet here is Embiid so dominant that even this prevailing trend in the way the game is played can’t keep him from leading the league in scoring. He’s the first 5 since Moses in ‘82 to average 30+ a game. That’s the real “historical” season.

Read comment # 31. And I get it. Embiid's great and Jokic is fat & sloppy. End of conversation.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deer in 5.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You just can't give Jokic credit for anything he does on the court. When will the MVP be announced?
Except me saying he’s first team All NBA. Are you mad that I call him fat? Cause he is fat. People have called Harden fat when he was winning MVP too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except me saying he’s first team All NBA. Are you mad that I call him fat? Cause he is fat. People have called Harden fat when he was winning MVP too.

Why would I be mad? That's all you got? Going the immature route I see. You already said this.

Do you wear socks with sandals and eat dinner at 4:30?

I think what you've been saying about this topic has been hilarious for weeks. Giving Embiid accolades. And completely ignore what Jokic did this season. But I can see where you wanna take this. You can throw all of your silly insults my way you want. I'll just continue to laugh at you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I be mad? That's all you got? Going the immature route I see. You already said this.

I think what you've been saying about this topic has been hilarious for weeks. Giving Embiid accolades. And completely ignore what Jokic did this season. But I can see where you wanna take this. You can throw all of your silly insults my way you want. I'll just continue to laugh at you.
I’m sorry you had a sad because I made fun of you for eschewing Twitter like a Boomer who struggles with technology. I’ve I knew you were gonna cry I would have held back (probably not).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry you had a sad because I made fun of you for eschewing Twitter like a Boomer who struggles with technology. I’ve I knew you were gonna cry I would have held back (probably not).

Keep telling yourself I'm mad. It further proves you've gone over the deep end with your homerism. You don't like what I have to say so all you got left is to say I'm mad. Classic.

You think I don't use twitter because I struggle with technology? Not wanting to be a part of that social media nonsense is why I stay away from that garbage.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself I'm mad. It further proves you've gone over the deep end with your homerism. You don't like what I have to say so all you got left is to say I'm mad. Classic.

You think I don't use twitter because I struggle with technology? Not wanting to be a part of that social media nonsense is why I stay away from that garbage.
It’s not really that as much as it’s the same thing you’ve said for 3 weeks. Change it up now and again.