• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to FA's, they are like Dallas. Those are 2 franchises that I have never understood why they can't seem to get top FA's.

As for worst run...not when Sterling owned the Clips they weren't.

After Cubans comments on Westbrook I can see why he'll have problems.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Cubans comments on Westbrook I can see why he'll have problems.

True, but that just happened. Dallas never seems to be able to get top FA's. It's a great city, with a good fan base and Cuban spares no expense in making sure they have the best of everything. Maybe he's always said crap like that and this is just the first time he did it publicly?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take.

I have seen others post similar thoughts.

But, how many Teams actually win ONLY because if the guys that they drafted?

The last Spurs ring would be the closest.

If they win this year, isn't it a bought Championship because of Aldridge/West?

Look at that Pistons Championship over the Lakers.

They drafted Prince.

Everyone else was via trade or FA signing.

The Celtics....Pierce.

Everyone else bought.

That Championship is no different than the Heats.

Warriors are actually a great example of winning thru the draft.

But, Bogut, Speights, Iggy, Livingston....bought.
Not Bogut. They traded Ellis for him. Its different though "buying" subordinate pieces like Speights, Iggy and Livingston than it is the cornerstones of your franchise like James, Bosh, Shaq and Wade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that just happened. Dallas never seems to be able to get top FA's. It's a great city, with a good fan base and Cuban spares no expense in making sure they have the best of everything. Maybe he's always said crap like that and this is just the first time he did it publicly?

He's still crying about Wade, 10 years later.
Maybe he's too hands on for some players taste?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Bogut. They traded Ellis for him. Its different though "buying" subordinate pieces like Speights, Iggy and Livingston than it is the cornerstones of your franchise like James, Bosh, Shaq and Wade.

Dude, you do realize that the Heat TECHNICALLY traded for Bosh and Lebron, right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still crying about Wade, 10 years later.
Maybe he's too hands on for some players taste?

Could be. I know most players don't like the owner in the locker room etc. and he seems like the type of owner that would be in there a lot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to FA's, they are like Dallas. Those are 2 franchises that I have never understood why they can't seem to get top FA's.

As for worst run...not when Sterling owned the Clips they weren't.
But for sustained failure over many, many years you have to go with the Warriors. Sometime, when you have a chance, look at all the complete failures year after year of their drafts and trades. They were consistently picking in the top 3 and drafting guys who couldn't even stay in the league.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you do realize that the Heat TECHNICALLY traded for Bosh and Lebron, right?
Those three players conspired to play together to try and buy a championship. It was against everything the league stands for. I could never root for that team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors are really good right now.
Let's see how many players they draft the next few years are difference makers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for sustained failure over many, many years you have to go with the Warriors. Sometime, when you have a chance, look at all the complete failures year after year of their drafts and trades. They were consistently picking in the top 3 and drafting guys who couldn't even stay in the league.

The Clippers have never been past the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Warriors have 2 championships and the all-time wins record.

Clips win the worst run franchise contest. If there was a trophy for that, it would be called the Donald T. Sterling trophy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers have never been past the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Warriors have 2 championships and the all-time wins record.

Clips win the worst run franchise contest. If there was a trophy for that, it would be called the Donald T. Sterling trophy.
:lalala:

Seriously, it's no contest.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are really good right now.
Let's see how many players they draft the next few years are difference makers.
But that is the way its supposed to be. It balances out the league when the best teams draft last and the worst draft first. But when teams can bypass the draft by outspending for top free agents it ruins the competitive balance.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those three players conspired to play together to try and buy a championship. It was against everything the league stands for. I could never root for that team.

So it's about YOU again?
You're free to root for whoever you want.

And isn't Duke now fine with flooding their roster with one and done elite players?
Isn't that star high school players conspiring to try to win a championship?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lalala:

Seriously, it's no contest.
I'm counting the 30 years from 1979 to 2008. This franchise was horrible. Since that time they've been competitive and have now become the league's best. But for that period, a couple years after the 75 championship until the Baron Davis team of 2008 they were basically awful.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's about YOU again?
You're free to root for whoever you want.

And isn't Duke now fine with flooding their roster with one and done elite players?
Isn't that star high school players conspiring to try to win a championship?
Of course it is. It is that way for everyone. Duke has really let me down over the past 10 years. When I was there we were good because our players played for four years and it was a "team first" concept.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is the way its supposed to be. It balances out the league when the best teams draft last and the worst draft first. But when teams can bypass the draft by outspending for top free agents it ruins the competitive balance.

No.
If you rarely suck, chances are you aren't ever building through the draft.
There is no balance, just shifts , and a certain few cities will always be more desirable to top FA.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm counting the 30 years from 1979 to 2008. This franchise was horrible. Since that time they've been competitive and have now become the league's best. But for that period, a couple years after the 75 championship until the Baron Davis team of 2008 they were basically awful.

I hear you.

Your 2 Championships are the difference.

I'll tell ya, I loved that Warriors Team with CWebb, Billy Owens, Sprewell.

Damn shame we never got to see what they could do with a healthy Hardaway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget the Run TMC teams. They were fun to watch. Tim Hardaway was one of my favorite players.