• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think she ever said anything about the NBA being rigged. She is right about the refs should be fined. I guarantee if the players took a poll about that they would agree with her.
And I'm pretty sure Warrior fans said the same thing not that long ago- only now that their lack of calls has affected the outcome of an important game for your team it's a relevant point. Got it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that one of the things that really played against the Heat with LeBron was that I truly believe LeBron felt Riley took way too much credit for LeBron's accomplishments...while there are two sides to that story- and i realize LeBron owes Riley for helping him get his 2 rings- but i think Riley did not give LeBron the credit and respect he deserved as being the focal point of that 4 year run.

What in the world? When has he not given LBJ respect? Because he didn't let LBJ run amok in the franchise and take over is a lack of respect? I mean my goodness. LBJ didn't play for free- and he clearly was named the 'leader' on that team after their first season together. What more does he want? Claims to Riley's first born grandchild? Geez.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Those assholes were streaming out of the stadium by the hundreds and then running to get back in. The worst thing I've ever seen from fans in any sport. bandwagon all the way.

Pics or it didn't happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm...of course i am biased on this but i think the Heat organization reeks of arrogance all the way down from Riley to Wade to now Whiteside.

I think that one of the things that really played against the Heat with LeBron was that I truly believe LeBron felt Riley took way too much credit for LeBron's accomplishments...while there are two sides to that story- and i realize LeBron owes Riley for helping him get his 2 rings- but i think Riley did not give LeBron the credit and respect he deserved as being the focal point of that 4 year run.

:lol: If that was why Lebron left, then he's the one with the arrogance problem not the Heat or Riley.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying refs should be fined and suspended because players are is a weak argument, imo.

Players are not fined or suspended when they fail to do their job well. If they go 0-6 with 5 turnovers... they aren't getting fined or suspended. They might lose their job, eventually, if the poor play is consistent. Which is why the NBA keeps stats on the refs and evaluates them regularly on their performance.

Players are fined and suspended when they endanger the safety of other players or verbally abuse the referees, or act unprofessionally in front of their customers.

If you want to fine the refs for anything of those things... I'm on board. But fining refs for poor performance doesn't make sense to me. If they're performing poorly consistently... just replace them with someone who is better at their job.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we didn't have 21st century technology either back then. Try harder.
Which is also the reason I would assume they've never found the person responsible.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are fined and suspended when they endanger the safety of other players or verbally abuse the referees, or act unprofessionally in front of their customers.

Players and coaches are also fined when they say something negative about the refs after a game or during an in game interview.

Can't remember a time when a ref was fired for poor performance either. I mean, Joey Crawford was a ref for decades and I think that if there's one thing that the majority of NBA fans can agree on, it's that Joey Crawford sucks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montalban made it seem like hundreds of fans were streaming out of the arena. A good amount left the arena, it's well documented. But that arena was packed for Ray Allen's shot and subsequent Heat win. Keep reaching fuck face.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players and coaches are also fined when they say something negative about the refs after a game or during an in game interview.

The equal of that would be to suspend refs for criticizing players. Not a very common problem... since the refs aren't constantly asked questions by the media... but Crawford did get suspended when he showed up Duncan.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She made like 50 tweets last night calling people names, saying the refs should be fined, the NBA is rigged, people need to be held accountable, etc.

Basically a meltdown.

I thought it was funny...lol

Have you ever seen the stuff Draymonds mom tweets?

This is the funniest. But, she has pages worth...

Ps. Nothing is worse than the clown shit that Drake did to Stuckey.

Babers-Green first received national attention from the media when she ridiculed Akron Beacon-Journal sports writer Jason Lloyd on Twitter on April 13.

Lloyd said on Twitter that Green didn't get his vote for the NBA first or second All-Defense team because "a handful of players I polled recently scoffed at the idea of Green even being on the list." Babers-Green responded to Lloyd on Twitter by saying, "Tell him to jump in the Lake w/ weights!" Babers-Green deleted the Tweet, but it still lives on in cyberspace.

When asked if Lloyd deserved that response from his mom, Green said: "Yeah. He was hating."

Draymond's Mom Had No Chill on Twitter During Game 2

Draymond Green learned to talk trash from his mom

Draymond Green's mom shows on Twitter where he got his 'edge'

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember a time when a ref was fired for poor performance either. I mean, Joey Crawford was a ref for decades and I think that if there's one thing that the majority of NBA fans can agree on, it's that Joey Crawford sucks.

It happens but is rarely news because its lesser known referees that haven't been given high-profile assignments due to, well... poor performance. Tommy Nunez and Sean Corbin are two refs recently fired for poor performance.

Joey Crawford gets a lot of criticism because he is a high profile referee who has been involved in a lot of high-profile nba games. The reason that LeBron is more criticized for moments when he doesn't play well than someone like Nick Stasukus who never plays well... is because there are a lot more eyes on him... and people know who he is.

Similar with Joey... although he also has a tendancy to make the game about him... which is another reason he is so well-known. He's actually not a bad ref when it comes to making calls, though, imo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: If that was why Lebron left, then he's the one with the arrogance problem not the Heat or Riley.
hey i can get on board with the thinking that LeBron has a massive ego too and that played a large role in it too- it def did.....its part of the reason why he was so mad about riley taking the credit and having that ill advised press conference imploring everyone to come back and not to give up where he sounded condescending to lebron.

its why I give Gilbert credit. The guy started with nothing, and built himsef up into one of the most successful businessmen in the world, and those guys typically dont back down or take shit. He swallowed his pride because he realized that LeBron in Cleveland gives his team the best chance to win a title and also brings a lot of joy to the north east ohio area - in the pride they have in LeBron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The equal of that would be to suspend refs for criticizing players. Not a very common problem... since the refs aren't constantly asked questions by the media... but Crawford did get suspended when he showed up Duncan.

There doesn't need to be an equal to it. They need to worry more about the overall job the refs are doing and less about what players and coaches say about the job they do. I'd be willing to bet that if the refs did a better job, there would be a whole lot less complaining from players and coaches.

It's hilarious to me that the NBA will fine players and coaches publicly criticizing the refs and then will publicly post the mistakes made in the last 2 minutes of a game. There were what? 5 mistakes posted from the last 2 minutes of a game the other day. If the refs made that many mistakes in the last 2 minutes, when they should theoretically be at their most focused, I wonder how many more were made throughout the rest of the game.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember when that happened.

That's not unique to Heat fans.

It happens in other sports.

Seattle Seahawks supporters often are lauded as the best fans in the NFL, if not in all pro sports. They refer to themselves collectively as "The 12th Man" and individually as "12s," get very, very loud, and seem to rally around their up-there-in-the-Pacific-Northwest-ness.

But some leave before the game is over.

Still, remember the labels thrown at Miami Heat fans when some left before their team's comeback in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals?

If the "best fans" can do it, this kind of proves it's not just a "bad sports town" thing, no?

Seahawks fans leave early, can't get back in

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i can get on board with the thinking that LeBron has a massive ego too and that played a large role in it too- it def did.....its part of the reason why he was so mad about riley taking the credit and having that ill advised press conference imploring everyone to come back and not to give up where he sounded condescending to lebron.

its why I give Gilbert credit. The guy started with nothing, and built himsef up into one of the most successful businessmen in the world, and those guys typically dont back down or take shit. He swallowed his pride because he realized that LeBron in Cleveland gives his team the best chance to win a title and also brings a lot of joy to the north east ohio area - in the pride they have in LeBron.

No doubt that when they all got together they had to get the biggest room in the biggest building possible just to fit the egos in.

I just find it hilarious that Lebron would leave because Riley and the Heat were arrogant. Creates a bit of a "pot meet kettle" situation. The last thing any of these guys should ever be doing is complaining about someone else's ego. It'd be like Kobe saying Carmelo shoots too much.

You have to have a massive ego to reach the level that guys like Lebron, Riley, etc. have reached. The level of self confidence to even try to get to that level has to come close to qualifying as a mental illness.:lol: