• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to responding on the whole Wade fiasco. Wade made it look way worse than it was and after watching the play numerous times I agree with the non call. Wade sure knows how to flail around like a fish out of water though. And Gabriel Union needs to ban herself from Twitter.
and thats the thing i agree with...i watched the play...with the shot clock running down, the failed shot by joe johnson, fighting to catch it and then going back up i just didnt think they were going to bail him out either...when all is said and done i dont think you can dispute that their was contact- contact goes uncalled ALL the time though. Should Wade have gotten the call? YES...do i think it was just EGREGIOUs that the refs swallowed their whistles after Wade caught Johnsons miss in traffic and tried to put it up in a cluster of players? probably not......and no lie in that Dwade has gotten his fair share of calls in his career...i can sympathize because the call was wrong but its hard to be outraged like that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right but it is only the first round, there is time to improve. We haven't seen the Cavs play their best ball yet but we have seen some good signs from key players.
if Kyrie can play like the KI that put up 57 points on the Spurs the Cavs will have a chance against them...Kyrie NEEDS to win the PG battle if the Cavs are to have a chance...and Love probably needs to win the battle with Alrdidge or at least play him to a stand still...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She made like 50 tweets last night calling people names, saying the refs should be fined, the NBA is rigged, people need to be held accountable, etc.

Basically a meltdown.

I don't think she ever said anything about the NBA being rigged. She is right about the refs should be fined. I guarantee if the players took a poll about that they would agree with her.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looked like it in game 3.

Well you clearly don't watch the Heat. They've been a shitty road team since Bosh went down. Had nothing to do with thinking they had anything. They played a bad road game as they've been doing a lot in the past 2 months

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a screen shot which shows Lee clearly hitting Wade on his forearm....really nothing to debate. Clearly was a missed call. You slap someone on their forearm. It is supposed to be a foul everytime. If it was just the Zeller contact, I could live with a no call there because that's borderline but you can't just slap someone across their forearm
I feel that call is rarely made in the final seconds. And with the way Wade reacted you'd think he just got shot. He definitely embellished the contact. Let's be real. And no the refs should not be fined. They should be fined when players take like 6 steps and no travel is called not when they hold their whistles in the final seconds like they always do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you clearly don't watch the Heat. They've been a shitty road team since Bosh went down. Had nothing to do with thinking they had anything. They played a bad road game as they've been doing a lot in the past 2 months
They are lazy and arrogant. Thought they could just walk in and take game 3 but they got shown the door.

Hated their piss ant fans too ever since all those people were streaming out of the arena when they thought the Heat had lost to the Spurs but then when Allen hit that miracle three pointer they were all running to get back into the building. It was the single most sickening thing I've ever seen from any team's fans in any sport.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that call is rarely made in the final seconds. And with the way Wade reacted you'd think he just got shot. He definitely embellished the contact. Let's be real. And no the refs should not be fined. They should be fined when players take like 6 steps and no travel is called not when they hold their whistles in the final seconds like they always do.

If you get slapped across the forearm on your shooting hand, you must call that. You think players just go around whacking the forearm of a player's shooting hands on the final possession of the game? If this was the case everyone would do it and we would never see another game winning shot in NBA history.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats the thing i agree with...i watched the play...with the shot clock running down, the failed shot by joe johnson, fighting to catch it and then going back up i just didnt think they were going to bail him out either...when all is said and done i dont think you can dispute that their was contact- contact goes uncalled ALL the time though. Should Wade have gotten the call? YES...do i think it was just EGREGIOUs that the refs swallowed their whistles after Wade caught Johnsons miss in traffic and tried to put it up in a cluster of players? probably not......and no lie in that Dwade has gotten his fair share of calls in his career...i can sympathize because the call was wrong but its hard to be outraged like that.

It was actually Dragic's blocked shot that Wade caught. However, I'm pissed at how Miami's played the last three games. The missed call is merely a side note. Miami scored 17 points in the 4th quarter in a close game. The last 3 possessions, we decided to come out with Wade ISO plays (which tells me what I need to know about Spoelstra). I see the Dubs in how they move in offense and it's a thing in beauty. I watch the Heat, and it's watching one guy move with statues around the court.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are lazy and arrogant. Thought they could just walk in and take game 3 but they got shown the door.

Hated their piss ant fans too ever since all those people were streaming out of the arena when they thought the Heat had lost to the Spurs but then when Allen hit that miracle three pointer they were all running to get back into the building. It was the single most sickening thing I've ever seen from any team's fans in any sport.

This team is far from arrogant. You're just an idiot. Team is not close to arrogant. If you listened to them after each of their first 2 wins, they were never close to arrogant. Wade, Deng, Haslem, and Bosh spoke with the team immediately after game to inform them they did nothing except hold serve at home. Hard to be arrogant when you're not a title contender and your team is full of young guys who is in the playoffs for the first time now. You're a damn fool. No wonder Dubs fans dislike you. Very low basketball IQ

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a couple dozen people that filed out the door. Miami has always had its fair share of fickle fans, no denying that. Last I checked though, that arena was pretty packed when Ray Allen hit the 3. But hey, continue your endless rants.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His arm (Wade) that was attempting to shoot the ball was obstructed by Lee - that is ALWAYS called. But I'm of the mindset that this was not the play that cost the Heat the game last night. The Heat made plenty of mistakes. But gtfoh with that wasn't a foul.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get slapped across the forearm on your shooting hand, you must call that. You think players just go around whacking the forearm of a player's shooting hands on the final possession of the game? If this was the case everyone would do it and we would never see another game winning shot in NBA history.
He was in heavy traffic, the slap on the arm wasn't as obvious as your saying it was. Sure when you find a screenshot on the Internet it's a lot easier to see. He also flailed around trying to sell contact. He looked like one of those soccer players in Europe. Just saying. A ref sees what looks like obvious embellishment he may not blow his whistle.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His arm (Wade) that was attempting to shoot the ball was obstructed by Lee - that is ALWAYS called. But I'm of the mindset that this was not the play that cost the Heat the game last night. The Heat made plenty of mistakes. But gtfoh with that wasn't a foul.

Yeah agree with this. Weird substitution patterns and just another struggle on the offensive end were the major issues last night. Defense been good enough the last 3 games

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a couple dozen people that filed out the door. Miami has always had its fair share of fickle fans, no denying that. Last I checked though, that arena was pretty packed when Ray Allen hit the 3. But hey, continue your endless rants.
Bullshit. Those assholes were streaming out of the stadium by the hundreds and then running to get back in. The worst thing I've ever seen from fans in any sport. bandwagon all the way.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She made like 50 tweets last night calling people names, saying the refs should be fined, the NBA is rigged, people need to be held accountable, etc.

Basically a meltdown.
LOL too funny.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah agree with this. Weird substitution patterns and just another struggle on the offensive end were the major issues last night. Defense been good enough the last 3 games
the Heat remind me of the Bulls last year- solid- but get these streaks where they are terrible offensively.

Between Dragic and Wade you should always have a playmaker on the court you would think. --not only that- but why is Joe Johnson not getting the ball more? hes playing great. Is steady.

Next time the team goes into one of those droughts just give the ball to Joe Johnson and have Whiteside set a pick for him and roll to the hoop- problem solved.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just didnt think they were going to bail him out either...when all is said and done i dont think you can dispute that their was contact- contact goes uncalled ALL the time though. Should Wade have gotten the call? YES...do i think it was just EGREGIOUs that the refs swallowed their whistles after Wade caught Johnsons miss in traffic and tried to put it up in a cluster of players? probably not......

End of the day, if a player is taking a shot that late in the game expecting the refs to bail them out with a foul call (even if a foul was truly committed), then they are likely going to be disappointed and probably shouldn't be the ones taking that shot.

I don't agree that the refs should swallow their whistles in those situations, but they have been doing so for decades, it's common knowledge and players need to understand that and not bitch when they don't get a call.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Heat remind me of the Bulls last year- solid- but get these streaks where they are terrible offensively.

Between Dragic and Wade you should always have a playmaker on the court you would think. --not only that- but why is Joe Johnson not getting the ball more? hes playing great. Is steady.

Next time the team goes into one of those droughts just give the ball to Joe Johnson and have Whiteside set a pick for him and roll to the hoop- problem solved.

Yeah they really miss Bosh in these moments. It was much easier to get out of a drought with CB on the floor as you can just call a pick and pop

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is far from arrogant. You're just an idiot. Team is not close to arrogant. If you listened to them after each of their first 2 wins, they were never close to arrogant. Wade, Deng, Haslem, and Bosh spoke with the team immediately after game to inform them they did nothing except hold serve at home. Hard to be arrogant when you're not a title contender and your team is full of young guys who is in the playoffs for the first time now. You're a damn fool. No wonder Dubs fans dislike you. Very low basketball IQ
hmmmm...of course i am biased on this but i think the Heat organization reeks of arrogance all the way down from Riley to Wade to now Whiteside.

I think that one of the things that really played against the Heat with LeBron was that I truly believe LeBron felt Riley took way too much credit for LeBron's accomplishments...while there are two sides to that story- and i realize LeBron owes Riley for helping him get his 2 rings- but i think Riley did not give LeBron the credit and respect he deserved as being the focal point of that 4 year run.