• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3-5 No Bowling in 2015 for Nebraska

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in a celebratory fashion either. He's just depressed.

I think Tom made the best decision he could given the circumstances. Bo just let him down. Not just on the field, but off of it. Bo is a really hateful spiteful guy. He's on some level happy we're struggling, but he'd never admit it and he'd admonish anyone who questioned him about that.

Come on though. We know. Bo is happy we're not doing well. It was never about the players. It was personal vendettas toward the end. He's just an ugly person and I'm glad he's gone.

Just heading off any future "well if Bo was here" rhetoric.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Riley understand the importance of even going to a shit-bowl?

Just the extra 3-4 weeks of practice is huge.

At Oregon St he only went to bowls 2 out of his last 5 years.
he Rilely don'nt care about bowls --its about being a nice guy thang to him

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Rilely don'nt care about bowls --its about being a nice guy thang to him

It is about getting the passing game in rhythm, the spill defense, stopping the run, and play calling balance.

Thank goodness Nebraska hasn't played very many dual threat QBs this year. Clayton Thorson was faster than the entire defense it looked like.

Looks like Northwestern had 158 yards of offense in the 4th quarter.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is about getting the passing game in rhythm, the spill defense, stopping the run, and play calling balance.

Thank goodness Nebraska hasn't played very many dual threat QBs this year. Clayton Thorson was faster than the entire defense it looked like.

Looks like Northwestern had 158 yards of offense in the 4th quarter.
remember this guy ??

I do

Bill Jennings

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first year in Nebraska just happens to coincide with the hiring of Bob Devaney.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means IF there are still bowl slots available after all (6-6) teams have filled. They will consider 5 win teams.

A 5 win team that is Top 5 in Academic Progress Rate gets priority.

If none of the 5 win teams are Top 5 in Academic Progress Rate, they chose in order of highest Academic Progress Rate.

I.E. Teams with highest GPA and graduation rates will get priority.

Team A: #34 in APR
Team B: #22 in APR

Team B will be chosen.

Sometimes I'm suspicious that 1620 reads this forum. A few minutes ago they were discussing this very issue.

Apparently Nebraska is #6 in APR and #'s 1-5 (other than Michigan who needs one more win) have already qualified.

Phil Steele apparently expects up to eight (5 win teams) to get bowl bids because there won't be enough 6 win qualifiers. Nebraska being #6 APR would be a lock with 2 more wins.

He had Nebraska slated for the Quick Lane Bowl against Va Tech as of the 20th October.

I assume that has changed since Nebraska's loss to Northwestern.
Phil Steele

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I'm suspicious that 1620 reads this forum. A few minutes ago they were discussing this very issue.

Apparently Nebraska is #6 in APR and #'s 1-5 (other than Michigan who needs one more win) have already qualified.

Phil Steele apparently expects up to eight (5 win teams) to get bowl bids because there won't be enough 6 win qualifiers. Nebraska being #6 APR would be a lock with 2 more wins.

He had Nebraska slated for the Quick Lane Bowl against Va Tech as of the 20th October.

I assume that has changed since Nebraska's loss to Northwestern.
Phil Steele

I think Jerry Palm predicted the Pinstripe Bowl for us in NYC vs Duke.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dbr0675own1

who do you have Nebraska beating to get eligible?

jppalmCBS

Purdue and Rutgers

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that begs the question.....Will getting a bowl bid at (5-7) be considered success?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that begs the question.....Will getting a bowl bid at (5-7) be considered success?
I wouldn't call 5-7 a success no matter if there is a bowl or not. However, since it is year 1, I don't really care one way or the other. Not sure if the extra practices or extra focus on recruiting would be more beneficial moving forward.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call 5-7 a success no matter if there is a bowl or not. However, since it is year 1, I don't really care one way or the other. Not sure if the extra practices or extra focus on recruiting would be more beneficial moving forward.

Nearly half of that time is 'dead period' regarding recruiting. 12/15 - 1/14

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly half of that time is 'dead period' regarding recruiting. 12/15 - 1/14
Yeah but there's still a good two weeks after the season that would likely be devoted to bowl prep that could help us shore our class up. I'm not arguing for that approach, just saying that it wouldn't necessarily hurt us much to not go to a bottom tier bowl.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think cleaning out the slag and using the two weeks to bolster the future recruits would be more beneficial at this point. I know there is a lot here who think that the staff has to go regardless but I am more of the opinion while we don't have a Urban Meyer here we have a lot better than what it appears and that is because the current players have this blase attitude that has always been here under Pelini and cleaning house and rebuilding would be a lot more beneficial than a few more weeks practicing with piss poor attitudes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but there's still a good two weeks after the season that would likely be devoted to bowl prep that could help us shore our class up. I'm not arguing for that approach, just saying that it wouldn't necessarily hurt us much to not go to a bottom tier bowl.

There's not much difference in that 2 week 'allowed' period than there is during the regular season.

The only constraint that's lifted is "Visiting a prospect outside of school" from 12/1 - 12/14.

That is also allowed from 1/15 - 1/31.

Send Riley on the road to do 'in homes' and let the coordinators run the show. That's what the coordinators are being paid for no?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future is either in high school or wearing a red shirt this year. Pelini has ruined everything he's touched here whether here now or gone.
And Kenny Bell and Will Compton need to put on their YSU caps and keep their nose out of Nebraska business if that (this weekends tweets) is the way they feel. They weren't Nebraska players they were Bop minions.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think cleaning out the slag and using the two weeks to bolster the future recruits would be more beneficial at this point. I know there is a lot here who think that the staff has to go regardless but I am more of the opinion while we don't have a Urban Meyer here we have a lot better than what it appears and that is because the current players have this blase attitude that has always been here under Pelini and cleaning house and rebuilding would be a lot more beneficial than a few more weeks practicing with piss poor attitudes.

These coaches don't have the ability to evaluate attitudes and play those that are giving the best effort in practice and games?

How much are they making?