• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3.30 OPENIING DAY!!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is gloomy outside down here in OC but its a great day because the season has started!
(Oh, and I am grateful for all the rain we can get)

Sunny here in the valley. There is some worry about flooding once the snow (700+ inches at Tahoe!) starts melting. The maroons in Sacramento have been dragging their feet for decades about building additional water storage. The local water districts are trying to empty the reservoirs ahead of the spring melt, and basically giving water away to whoever needs it. But who needs to irrigate when the fields are already soaked several to dozens of feet down? Should be interesting.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunny here in the valley. There is some worry about flooding once the snow (700+ inches at Tahoe!) starts melting. The maroons in Sacramento have been dragging their feet for decades about building additional water storage. The local water districts are trying to empty the reservoirs ahead of the spring melt, and basically giving water away to whoever needs it. But who needs to irrigate when the fields are already soaked several to dozens of feet down? Should be interesting.
We may get very off topic but some people have been saying for years that when this atmospheric river hit, we wouldn't have the capacity to hold the water that would be needed later unless something changed with the infrastructure. Seems as if they may have known what they were talking about.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may get very off topic but some people have been saying for years that when this atmospheric river hit, we wouldn't have the capacity to hold the water that would be needed later unless something changed with the infrastructure. Seems as if they may have known what they were talking about.
But at least the delta smelt is safe.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we really, Really, REALLY need that $100+ billion bullet train from Bakersfield to Merced, dontchaknow? It should carry, in dunno, dozens of passengers a day, and will be heavily subsidized. SMH

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we really, Really, REALLY need that $100+ billion train from Bakersfield to Merced, dontchaknow? SMH
The voters spoke on that project.

They said, clearly, they were willing to spend 10 billion on a train from SF to LA…

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show this game is. Hopefully it's an outlier

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The voters spoke on that project.

They said, clearly, they were willing to spend 10 billion on a train from SF to LA…
Well, as long as the full route gets built, with just some cost over . . . wait, what, it costs HOW much now?!?! At least there will be something that connects LA to SF . . . what, it is going to start WHERE and stop WHERE?!?! Might as well cut our losses and stop . . . the governor said WHAT?!?!

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Mighty Matt's first at-bat with the Giants went in line with the rest of the lineup. I guess he's a good org fit after all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure it is only $100+ billion now? You know, inflation and all . . .
It was originally approved for $9 billion. For the entire project. They have zoomed way past that. They originally had I think a Japanese company that had just built high speed rail in the middle east, but decided to go with people who had never built high speed rail. The whole thing is a boondoggle to this point.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was originally approved for $9 billion. For the entire project. They have zoomed way past that. They originally had I think a Japanese company that had just built high speed rail in the middle east, but decided to go with people who had never built high speed rail. The whole thing is a boondoggle to this point.
Can’t believe no one saw that coming at the time of the vote.

Oh wait…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people were calling that one too. Hmm . . .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is truly an offensive embarrassment.

Like other things we are discussing, how come nobody saw this coming?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe no one saw that coming at the time of the vote.

Oh wait…
I think this is the closest I've come to being political on this forum. I think I'll focus my frustration back on the Giants now.

Pinch hitters in the game are 0 for 3 with 2 Ks. Boy, does this lineup strike fear in the hearts of Giants' fans everywhere.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The cost estimate for the initial 171-mile segment now exceeds the $33 billion estimate for the entire 500-mile Los Angeles to San Francisco system when voters approved a bond in 2008.

full system cost is set at up to $128 billion in the update, leaving a total funding gap of more than $100 billion for politicians to ponder.