• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3.28 Opening Day @ Fraudres

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass half full: Bum keeps pitching like this we could get someone reaallll nice at the deadline

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the games from 2007-10, but at least there were absolutely no expectations those years.

I still enjoy a good 2:10 pitching duel though
Wait, there's expectations this year? :noidea:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Manfred can return the favor and test out the “start with a runner on second” rule just for the Giants....
Great. Ruin any chance of the Giants scoring any runs all season...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joking aside, this is year one of a long rebuild. They aren't making the playoffs, so I expect a stress-free year for me. Up to now each year we had reason to maybe think we had a shot. This is the first one in a while where that's not the plan, so why get worked up about it?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well no, but coming off 3 in 5 there's some underlying.... standards? I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

In 2008 that team was so clearly not in any way shape going to compete, and there was no memory of the past. The cake looked terrible and tasted bad, but it's all we had. Currently the residue is still there from the run which serves as a reminder of the better days. The cake looks like it use to, but it tastes worse than ever.

I'm horrible at analogies.

Basically as long as all the old gang is around it will be tough to fully embrace the rebuild. I anticipate that this team will be pretty poor this year, but I still look forward to the ups-and-downs and changes throughout the year. I think the majority of fans won't look forward to that so long as Belt, Craw, Posey etc. are still here.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no, but coming off 3 in 5 there's some underlying.... standards? I guess that's the word I'm looking for.

In 2008 that team was so clearly not in any way shape going to compete, and there was no memory of the past. The cake looked terrible and tasted bad, but it's all we had. Currently the residue is still there from the run which serves as a reminder of the better days. The cake looks like it use to, but it tastes worse than ever.

I'm horrible at analogies.

Basically as long as all the old gang is around it will be tough to fully embrace the rebuild. I anticipate that this team will be pretty poor this year, but I still look forward to the ups-and-downs and changes throughout the year. I think the majority of fans won't look forward to that so long as Belt, Craw, Posey etc. are still here.
Some good points but that's how it has to be
We aren't doing a tear down to the studs house cleaning like the Astros/Cubs/Braves/Phillies/WhiteSox model. This board wanted a rebuild and this is the rebuild we are getting. It's gonna be a while, so no need to worry about winning anything for probably 2-3 more years

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points but that's how it has to be
We aren't doing a tear down to the studs house cleaning like the Astros/Cubs/Braves/Phillies/WhiteSox model. This board wanted a rebuild and this is the rebuild we are getting. It's gonna be a while, so no need to worry about winning anything for probably 2-3 more years

I don't mind crappy baseball for a while. I was a Giant fan through the 80's, and that decade defined crappy baseball (until 1989).

Not my team, not my money, but I want to see more young player development. Obviously, that has not been the Giants Way for the last decade, settling for dumpster diving for washed up vets. It worked. Three times! And I am most grateful for it.

I don't know how much FZ's hands are tied with this being Noggin's final season. Perhaps we go with 39 year old catchers this season. But dang it, I want to see younger players. And this roster is full of players who used to be young. I hope moving forward the emphasis is on development. Ramos and Bart are two shining lights, and some young pitchers are making noise in the minors. And it will take a while to get here. But I hope to see them erring on the side of aggressive promotion, rather than waiting until a guy is 27 years old with six years in the minors "to learn his craft." I would not be against Bart making his MLB debut this season, if he does well in the minors.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor (theory??) somewhere (forget where) that Kratz is basically being interviewed to take over for Boch next year.

Have zero idea how much credibility that theory has, but it is interesting.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor (theory??) somewhere (forget where) that Kratz is basically being interviewed to take over for Boch next year.

Have zero idea how much credibility that theory has, but it is interesting.

Now that is interesting. Kratz is by all accounts an excellent person and teammate.

However, he just had his career best season in 2018. If he's close to that this year, why would he retire at his 'peak'

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is interesting. Kratz is by all accounts an excellent person and teammate.

However, he just had his career best season in 2018. If he's close to that this year, why would he retire at his 'peak'