• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3.25 Seamen @ Charlotte

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LWJ 1B
Tyro 2B
Forto RF
Flowers 3B
Stamos SS
Davis DH
Yaz CF
Perez C
Sabol LF

P Charlotte

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B2 2 out single by Sabol, 2 run double by LWJ. 3-0 good guys

Charlotte: 3IP 2H 3BB 4K

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-4 final good guys. These games are flying by with the pitch clock.

Notable performances:

LWJ 2-2 2RBI
Perez 2-3 2R
Charlotte 5IP 8H 1ER 3BB 6K
Jelly 2IP 1H 0R 1BB 4K
Lefty Piece 1IP 0R 1K
somebody named Bivens shat the mound for 3 ER B9

This team is ready to go north.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-4 final good guys. These games are flying by with the pitch clock.

Notable performances:

LWJ 2-2 2RBI
Perez 2-3 2R
Charlotte 5IP 8H 1ER 3BB 6K
Jelly 2IP 1H 0R 1BB 4K
Lefty Piece 1IP 0R 1K
somebody named Bivens shat the mound for 3 ER B9

This team is ready to go north.
Seriously? When you pull one out of your ass, you gotta ease it back in.

Lube is a thing. Use it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Laskey has an open mic right now during the commercial break and he is talking mad shit about Marty. It is awesome!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Laskey has an open mic right now during the commercial break and he is talking mad shit about Marty. It is awesome!
They both put me to sleep. I talked to Marty a couple of times when he spoke at my Shul. Nice guy...likes to tell stories but I'm not convinced he has more than newspaper knowledge of the game. Laskey I've not met but on air he's just dull.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both put me to sleep. I talked to Marty a couple of times when he spoke at my Shul. Nice guy...likes to tell stories but I'm not convinced he has more than newspaper knowledge of the game. Laskey I've not met but on air he's just dull.
I have never met either, and only know them through their radio personas.

But from there…

Laskey doesn’t follow very closely. And he is kinda like Krukow in that he will bend over backwards to be positive, even at the expense of accuracy or logic. But overall, he seems like a genuinely nice, pleasant person, who is probably very likeable.

Marty comes across as an absolute blowhard. He likes to hear himself talk, and he makes sure he gets as many opportunities to do what he likes (listen to himself talk) as humanly possible. He is also a self aggrandizer. And I get the sense that anyone in his orbit feels his gravity and is basically forced to deal with it.

And Laskey’s hot mic today didn’t really go against any of my preconceived notions. Earlier in the day, Marty said to Laskey and Kerry Crowley that he felt very constricted only having 90 minutes to do his pregame shows, and that he was looking forward to next weekend when he would be back to his normal 4 hour show. Laskey, in his hot mic incident, said something to the effect of “Who does this guy fucking think he is?” Yes, he dropped an f bomb over the air. i don’t remember the exact words, but the gist was that he and Crowley looked at each other and just rolled their eyes at Marty, and he added that most KNBR personalities laugh at Marty behind his back.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never met either, and only know them through their radio personas.

But from there…

Laskey doesn’t follow very closely. And he is kinda like Krukow in that he will bend over backwards to be positive, even at the expense of accuracy or logic. But overall, he seems like a genuinely nice, pleasant person, who is probably very likeable.

Marty comes across as an absolute blowhard. He likes to hear himself talk, and he makes sure he gets as many opportunities to do what he likes (listen to himself talk) as humanly possible. He is also a self aggrandizer. And I get the sense that anyone in his orbit feels his gravity and is basically forced to deal with it.

And Laskey’s hot mic today didn’t really go against any of my preconceived notions. Earlier in the day, Marty said to Laskey and Kerry Crowley that he felt very constricted only having 90 minutes to do his pregame shows, and that he was looking forward to next weekend when he would be back to his normal 4 hour show. Laskey, in his hot mic incident, said something to the effect of “Who does this guy fucking think he is?” Yes, he dropped an f bomb over the air. i don’t remember the exact words, but the gist was that he and Crowley looked at each other and just rolled their eyes at Marty, and he added that most KNBR personalities laugh at Marty behind his back.
A 4 hour pregame show... before every regular season game?

That sounds like hell on earth. I have no idea who we are talking about but I can't fathom watching/listening to any pregame show that is that long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4 hour pregame show... before every regular season game?

That sounds like hell on earth. I have no idea who we are talking about but I can't fathom watching/listening to any pregame show that is that long.
Not every game. Just the weekend games.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every game. Just the weekend games.
yeah, he brings in people to talk to and it's ok to drop in on for a few minutes but it's essentially dull. No real analysis or critique of the team, just "back in 54, when I was growing up in Miami, I used to go to spring training and I met Chuck Lamoosh, a backup infielder for the Yankees, and he told me about Yogi Berra doing this...."

It exhausts me.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, he brings in people to talk to and it's ok to drop in on for a few minutes but it's essentially dull. No real analysis or critique of the team, just "back in 54, when I was growing up in Miami, I used to go to spring training and I met Chuck Lamoosh, a backup infielder for the Yankees, and he told me about Yogi Berra doing this...."

It exhausts me.
It sounds exhausting...