• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough, I have spent a lot of time in both cities. Toronto is the more complete city but Miami has the nightlife and the weather and lower taxes. But GA is an international player so he might feel the vibe of an even more multicultural city where raising a family long term would be a good idea. Will depend on what his priorities are. Maybe he just stays in Wisconsin.

Picking between Toronto and Miami is easy for me. Miami's located in Flordia. So I'm picking Toronto.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Giannis playing today?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd want to play for Toronto over Miami if I had the choice.
I’m not convinced T.O. will ever be a major free agent destination.

As much as “wanting to go home” played into it, if Kawhi couldn’t be convinced to defend a god damn title there I don’t see how anybody else could see upside over at least one other US market.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what he believes the future in Milwaukee is.

They will be cap strapped for sure. They aren’t a big market likely to pay tax year after year. They already dealt Brogdon over money. And yes, they clearly do need Brogdon.

I do still think they are good enough to contend in the next 2 years and that may be enough for Giannis.

But it is also highly possible that it isn’t. Because @logic is correct in saying that they don’t have a ton of options to improve the roster. And if anything they may just get worse as they decide to part with expensive role players to avoid a huge tax bill.

the last paragraph you typed might be the biggest factor, coach...

let's face facts. NBA Superstars these days want rings on their resume'. and i highly doubt the Freak is any different than the rest...

if he sees this roster is unable to improve don't think he won't give a thought to running with someone else...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not convinced T.O. will ever be a major free agent destination.

As much as “wanting to go home” played into it, if Kawhi couldn’t be convinced to defend a god damn title there I don’t see how anybody else could see upside over at least one other US market.

I think it is unlikely that many American players would choose Canada over a similar deal stateside.

But, Giannis is different. He doesn’t seem bothered by Milwaukee weather and he has no inherent reason to shy away from Toronto.

He is exactly the type of free agent the Raptors should be all over.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are claiming Bosh played in the 15-16 season playoffs when the Heat lost to the Raptors in game 7 of 2nd round? Year 2, post LeBron.
I'm claiming Bosh stayed for a while and Lebron's #2 didn't want to play with Lebron so he was gone.....know why I make that claim?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I think it is kind of silly to focus on 1 record in 1 random season.

The point of the entire argument was that Wiggy thought the Heat would suck right now and that the Cavs would be on their way to building another strong team.

He was wrong on both counts.

The Heat are very good with potential to be even better in 2 years, and the Cavs aren’t likely to be more than mediocre any time soon.
No disagreement...but not what was said (and was said by a Heat fan, not me).

But I do believe Cavs will be better year 5 than the Heat was year 5.......and the Heat is a FA destination city (which of course helped get Butler in year 6 and beyond).

Cavs probably needed the same lottery luck they had to get Kyrie/Wiggins in the last 2 lotteries to get too far above mediocre. Not to say they deserved it as I cannot complain they got enough luck to even win 1 title.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is unlikely that many American players would choose Canada over a similar deal stateside.

But, Giannis is different. He doesn’t seem bothered by Milwaukee weather and he has no inherent reason to shy away from Toronto.

He is exactly the type of free agent the Raptors should be all over.
No doubt they should be all over him and try to get him....but until he goes there I would have doubts it was his first choice even if best playce to win (which we don't even know is true).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ya gotta love this forum"

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd yer back. Deflection, deflection, deflection! :heh:

If deflection means helping you - again - with reading comp. then sure. The true deflection was when it was clear you were having a hard time following you defelcted to the usual "well, I don't care".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what he believes the future in Milwaukee is.

They will be cap strapped for sure. They aren’t a big market likely to pay tax year after year. They already dealt Brogdon over money. And yes, they clearly do need Brogdon.

I do still think they are good enough to contend in the next 2 years and that may be enough for Giannis.

But it is also highly possible that it isn’t. Because @logic is correct in saying that they don’t have a ton of options to improve the roster. And if anything they may just get worse as they decide to part with expensive role players to avoid a huge tax bill.
Yep...all depends what he wants and needs to see in ownership.

I mean, sure, Lebron came back here because it was his home town. But if he had not seen that Gilbert was more than a willing spend and would never let money get in the way (even if he liked Dan Gilbert) I doubt he comes back.

He has already seen the Bucks will not go all out when they did not keep Brogdon.

But as has been pointed out...it might not be #1 for him and he might just like where he lives.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If deflection means helping you - again - with reading comp. then sure. The true deflection was when it was clear you were having a hard time following you defelcted to the usual "well, I don't care".

Helping me again? Only in your very limited mind. I see your back to your true dumbfuckery form. Tell me again how TT outplayed both Jokic and Embiid this year even though the box score says otherwise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helping me again? Only in your very limited mind. I see your back to your true dumbfuckery form. Tell me again how TT outplayed both Jokic and Embiid this year even though the box score says otherwise.
yes...helping you again. I see I also need to get you to stay on topic and not drift off (or, deflect).

and now it applies....

Ironic, huh?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes...helping you again. I see I also need to get you to stay on topic and not drift off (or, deflect).

and now it applies....

Ironic, huh?

The only person that needs help is you. You've pretty much been a jackass playing your little games with everyone from the moment you found this site. And it's ironic you and wiggy are from Cleveland. Kinda explains why you always defend him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person that needs help is you. You've pretty much been a jackass playing your little games with everyone from the moment you found this site. And it's ironic you and wiggy are from Cleveland. Kinda explains why you always defend him.
No need to remind me you are not a fan when easily called out on your own deflection and your double standard style of posting.

But you be you....and go ahead and get the last word.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm claiming Bosh stayed for a while and Lebron's #2 didn't want to play with Lebron so he was gone.....know why I make that claim?

Because you don’t really understand the Heat?
You had no clue they were 1 game from the ECF year 2, post LeBron , with no Bosh. You proved that yesterday by your year 6 comment.

Yes, Wade played that season, but look up the rest of that roster. It was far from anything close to special.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you don’t really understand the Heat?
You had no clue they were 1 game from the ECF year 2, post LeBron , with no Bosh. You proved that yesterday by your year 6 comment.

Yes, Wade played that season, but look up the rest of that roster. It was far from anything close to special.
Nope...I made the claim because it was true and not debatable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement...but not what was said (and was said by a Heat fan, not me).

But I do believe Cavs will be better year 5 than the Heat was year 5.......and the Heat is a FA destination city (which of course helped get Butler in year 6 and beyond).

Cavs probably needed the same lottery luck they had to get Kyrie/Wiggins in the last 2 lotteries to get too far above mediocre. Not to say they deserved it as I cannot complain they got enough luck to even win 1 title.

I don’t.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis in the locker room?

Heat really need to finish this off today. Don’t give them any hope.