• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in a long time that the 1-2 seeds are down 2-0. Will be interesting.

Why was that a foul for Butler? Shot was clearly gone, why is touching a guys ribs a second after the shot launched a foul? How does that affect the shot at all? I don't get that part.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance
Even though you need to win 4, I don't ever think the team to beat is the one down 0-2.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if Butler didn’t make that boneheaded play AND miss a free throw, the refs aren’t in position to screw it up.

Not true. Refs screwed up the game since they called every little thing against Miami in the 2nd quarter then continue the crap when Middleton hit Robinson in the face in front of the ref and they refuse to call him for his 4th foul early in the 3rd....then overturned a BS call that should have remained a charge on Giannis early in the 3rd which also would have been his 4th foul.

Then in the 4th before they screwed up the end of the game, we had a possession where they allowed Giannis to get away with 2 blatant calls. This game was screwed up long before the end of game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in a long time that the 1-2 seeds are down 2-0. Will be interesting.

Why was that a foul for Butler? Shot was clearly gone, why is touching a guys ribs a second after the shot launched a foul? How does that affect the shot at all? I don't get that part.

Same reason it was a foul the previous play for Middleton....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic didn't touch Middleton at all. Giannis barely touched Jimmy so yes I'm going to say the player who actually touched the shooter is more of a foul compared to the player who didn't touch the shooter.

Should it have been call? No

Let's put it this way. If refs were to call an entire game using what Dragic did as a technicallity, every player would foul out of every game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason it was a foul the previous play for Middleton....

If you are going to call the one on Dragic, then you have to call the one on Giannis.
Neither should have been called. You seldom if ever here me say the refs dictated the outcome of a game, but tonight, no doubt, they kept the Bucks in the game.

Heat played as dumb as I've ever seen a team play the last 20 seconds.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow as great as Butler was in game one he was the opposite tonight.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic didn't touch Middleton at all. Giannis barely touched Jimmy so yes I'm going to say the player who actually touched the shooter is more of a foul compared to the player who didn't touch the shooter.

Should it have been call? No

There was contact. Dragic moved very slightly into Middleton’s landing area. And yes, there definitely was contact.

As much as I hate that rule, the way the NBA rules are written, that is technically a foul.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Refs screwed up the game since they called every little thing against Miami in the 2nd quarter then continue the crap when Middleton hit Robinson in the face in front of the ref and they refuse to call him for his 4th foul early in the 3rd....then overturned a BS call that should have remained a charge on Giannis early in the 3rd which also would have been his 4th foul.

Then in the 4th before they screwed up the end of the game, we had a possession where they allowed Giannis to get away with 2 blatant calls. This game was screwed up long before the end of game.

It is totally true.

Refs screwed up a few calls.

Yet, Butler had the ball in his hands with a 6 point lead, less than 20 seconds left, and he made a really bad turnover.

You can complain about refs all day long, but at the end of the day, the Heat were in position to close out the game and they failed to do so.

And before the call, the Heat were shaky as hell in those closing seconds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is totally true.

Refs screwed up a few calls.

Yet, Butler had the ball in his hands with a 6 point lead, less than 20 seconds left, and he made a really bad turnover.

You can complain about refs all day long, but at the end of the day, the Heat were in position to close out the game and they failed to do so.

And before the call, the Heat were shaky as hell in those closing seconds.

Who said the Heat played great in the final seconds? Dragic shouldn't have been called for a foul at end of game so the Giannis foul on Jimmy wouldn't have happened?

Defending that Dragic foul is comical. No need to have this discussion with someone who think the Dragic foul was legit. You can go have that conversation with Steve Jaffe and Marc Davis. The only 2 other people who probably agreed with you that Dragic fouled Middleton

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said the Heat played great in the final seconds? Dragic shouldn't have been called for a foul at end of game so the Giannis foul on Jimmy wouldn't have happened?

Defending that Dragic foul is comical. No need to have this discussion with someone who think the Dragic foul was legit. You can go have that conversation with Steve Jaffe and Marc Davis. The only 2 other people who probably agreed with you that Dragic fouled Middleton

I have said multiple times times they shouldn’t have called either one. What else do you want?

But yeah, Steve Jaffe knows the rules a bit better than you do. So I am rolling with him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over Rated clap clap clapclapclap Over Rated :heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were fouls by the technical definition.

Both were weak calls.

End of the day, whether the refs call a good game, or a bad game...the most important thing is that they call an even game. What's a foul at one end, is a foul at the other.

Those 2 calls were terrible, but they were both called, so there was no advantage given and as @tlance said earlier, we got the correct result.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said multiple times times they shouldn’t have called either one. What else do you want?

But yeah, Steve Jaffe knows the rules a bit better than you do. So I am rolling with him.

Jave's also part of the referee fraternity. I've yet to see a situation where these former refs implicate a current ref on a bad call.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jave's also part of the referee fraternity. I've yet to see a situation where these former refs implicate a current ref on a bad call.

That isn’t true.

He is fair. He calls it like he sees it.

Answer these 2 questions:

1) Did Dragic lean toward Middleton while Middleton was in the air?
2) Was there contact in Middleton’s landing area?