• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd round dream pick

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon had some damn huge a** holes to run through that were already there versus him anticipating them becoming open before he hit those lanes, JMO. Wisky's O-Line just has natural knack every single year for dominating most opponents D-Line. Coleman, IMO, didn't have that going for him.

Yeah I get that Wisky's O-line is beast. Montee Ball also sucked hard donkey nuggets for Denver last year as well.

40- Ball: 4.66 Gordon: 4.52
Broad Jump- Ball: 118" Gordon: 126"
20yd- Ball: 4.4 Gordon: 4.07

Ht/Wt/Hand- Ball: 5'10"/214/9" Gordon: 6'1"/215/9.75

You definitely have a point on 3rd down limitations but WIS doesn't really ask their backs to catch passes. I think it might be more lack of experience than him actually sucking at it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... If we don't go for Gurley or Gordon in the 1st... I want to wait till the 3rd or 4th round and see who is sitting there. Honestly, how much better are any of those 2nd round type guys going to be than Riddick?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball sucked both years at Denver when it came to pass-pro. His 1st year there I'll understand and give him a pass as they had Knowshon Moreno, but he still wasn't capable of diagnosing a blitz in 2014. While I'll agree with you to some extent on experience in pass-pro for quite a few of these prospects, I could clearly state that rb's Ingram and Richardson (bama pro-style offense their entire duration of college ball) both struggled to pick up protection packages in their 1st two years. On the other hand RB's coming out of LSU (also another pro-style offense team) have faired pretty well coming into the league their rookie years and being able to diagnose pass-pro. Whether it's complexity of scheme, football IQ, understanding the terminology of playbook or whatever I haven't mentioned, it's still the most difficult task at hand for a college RB to facilitate, IMO. It's kind of a hit or miss on which RB will actually become a true 3-down back.

Wisky has pretty much ran a pistol the last couple years and a little more zone read/spread when Russell Wilson was there for the 1 year.

Hell, Michigan has been a pro-style offense for all years except Rich Rod's tenure, and I've yet to see 1 damn RB truly excel in the NFL coming out of that program (Wheatley-NYG/OAK and Tshimanga Biakabutuka-CAR did well) but most others failed (Anthony Thomas, Mike Hart comes to mind and a plethora of others that I won't name because it'd take all day long to name them)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just an update on prospects the front office has had visits with

2015 NFL Draft Prospect Visits Tracked by Team
SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit.
PRI - Private visit.
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2015 Senior Bowl or the 2015 East-West Shrine

By Walter Cherepinsky - @walterfootball
Updated: Feb. 22, 2015

Game

DET.gif
Detroit Lions
Arik Armstead, DT/3-4DE/DE, Oregon (COM)
  • Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State (COM)
  • T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh (COM)
  • Takoby Cofield, OT, Duke (COM)
  • Carl Davis, DT/3-4DE/NT, Iowa (COM)
  • Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (COM)
  • Devin Funchess, TE/WR, Michigan (COM)
  • Doran Grant, CB/S, Ohio State (SR)
  • Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State (COM)
  • Devin Mahina, TE, Brigham Young (SR)
  • Ali Marpet, G, Hobart (COM)
  • Keith Mumphery, WR, Michigan State (EW)
  • Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (COM)
  • Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (SR)
  • Jordan Phillips, NT/DT, Oklahoma (COM)
  • Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (Ohio) (SR)
  • Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (SR)
  • Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State (COM)
  • Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (COM)