• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose was (from his MVP season) and still a superstar. He never be as dominating as before but he will always be a household name. Where as Kyrie is a star who may become a superstar. We already seen him on team by himself and wasn't pretty and you have to be more than just the 2nd best player on the #2 seed in the East to be a superstar.

Give me a player in the last 15 years - not named LeBron - that was on a team by himself and it was pretty.

Durant's teams averaged 22 wins per year until Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka came along.

Judging Irving by his team's record in his first few years is a pretty steep criteria.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause.......whatever words come out of his mouth means absolutely nothing.

Very rarely do the words coming out of any players mouth when responding to a media question mean anything.

(Especially when the question is "Why are/aren't you wearing this clothing accessory?")

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he is still very young. I meant he is on the road to becoming a superstar, could be this years' playoffs, you never know.

It will be very hard to win MVP with Mr. MVP on your team, honestly.
Ok yes he is on a path to be a super star. I think LBJ will hold him back. there is no way he will let be bigger then him on the team. Well him and rose both played great in game 1 and both played so so in game 2. its been a fun battle between the 2. Irving still has to work on his D.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok yes he is on a path to be a super star. I think LBJ will hold him back. there is no way he will let be bigger then him on the team. Well him and rose both played great in game 1 and both played so so in game 2. its been a fun battle between the 2. Irving still has to work on his D.
'

I agree - in terms of legacy. Pippen will never be thought of as anything other than a sidekick even though he could've been a good #1 on a team.

Its a pretty good tradeoff, though, IMO.

Irving is quite a bit younger than LeBron, though. There is a chance he evolves into the most important player on the team over time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very rarely do the words coming out of any players mouth when responding to a media question mean anything.

That doesn't fly in this instance.

I totally get the vague answers when it comes to FA, questions about other players, etc...
But when you say you ditched your headband for team unity,and then 2 days later are wearing it, you simply are a giant douche.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think he will takeover the team sooner than later. Lebron is just getting him ready, maybe in 3 or 4 years when Lebron is worn down Kyrie will be the guy. I think Lebron is just teaching him, which is great, bc he can learn from a great.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't fly in this instance.

I totally get the vague answers when it comes to FA, questions about other players, etc...
But when you say you ditched your headband for team unity,and then 2 days later are wearing it, you simply are a giant douche.

It's superstitution more than anything, these athletes are so superstitous it's crazy. He was just talking just to talk IMO. He likes to talk, if we havent noticed by now lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he is still very young. I meant he is on the road to becoming a superstar, could be this years' playoffs, you never know.

It will be very hard to win MVP with Mr. MVP on your team, honestly.

IMO, Kyries problem is that without James, he never even was close to the 8 seed in a shitty EC.
Like I said yesterday, I think he looks vastly improved but I still think that without James he isn't diverse enough to be an elite team leader.
He scores. That's about it.
He doesn't make others around him better IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Kyries problem is that without James, he never even was close to the 8 seed in a shitty EC.
Like I said yesterday, I think he looks vastly improved but I still think that without James he isn't diverse enough to be an elite team leader.
He scores. That's about it.
He doesn't make others around him better IMO.

Sounds like Durant in his first couple years without Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka (Except he wasn't close to #14 in a good WC)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's superstitution more than anything, these athletes are so superstitous it's crazy. He was just talking just to talk IMO. He likes to talk, if we havent noticed by now lol

Then ditch your headband preseason next year.

Look, he played pretty good without it down the stretch of this season.
I have a gut feeling he would have been just as dominant last night without it.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a player in the last 15 years - not named LeBron - that was on a team by himself and it was pretty.

Durant's teams averaged 22 wins per year until Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka came along.

Judging Irving by his team's record in his first few years is a pretty steep criteria.

He did great but to be a superstar you have to at least make the playoffs. There are plenty of great players like Kyrie who is not a superstar. It's just a popularity thing and when a player becomes one of the top 5 players (not always the case), they will probably get that popularity and sustain it for must of their career.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then ditch your headband preseason next year.

Look, he played pretty good without it down the stretch of this season.
I have a gut feeling he would have been just as dominant last night without it.
According to his comments to bleacher report when he got to the locker room it was strangely in his locker... so he took it as a sign and decided to go with it.

Once, again, that is a comment answering a media question, so take it for what its worth.

I mean, we're talkin bout headbands

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Durant in his first couple years without Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka (Except he wasn't close to #14 in a good WC)

In a way, yes, but he clearly became the team leader.
Kyrie can never assume that role if he's playing with James.

Look, Im not at all ripping Kyrie.
He's looked great most of the season.
Like I said, I think its a combo of him just maturing as player plus having James around to make it alot easier.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to his comments to bleacher report when he got to the locker room it was strangely in his locker... so he took it as a sign and decided to go with it.

Once, again, that is a comment answering a media question, so take it for what its worth.

No.
Were talking about a player saying he did something for team unity when he clearly didn't.

There was NO reason to quit wearing it, correct?

Heat had a no headband policy in Miami before James came BTW, but he insisted on wearing it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what Im talking about. LBJ just shut up. he doesn't think when he talks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
Were talking about a player saying he did something for team unity when he clearly didn't.

There was NO reason to quit wearing it, correct?

Heat had a no headband policy in Miami before James came BTW, but he insisted on wearing it.

Who cares, headband or not, or the reasons. It's all mumbo jumbo. He made them enough money and brought them 2 ships. They better let him wear his damn headband

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Im talking about. LBJ just shut up. he doesn't think when he talks.

MJ was the same way. Attention whore. At least James isnt a douchebag though :shocked:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Durant had 1 year, his rookie year, without Westbrook and ibaka. Harden came the year after that. I don't think this statement holds any water because you can't expect a rookie to carry his team to the playoffs, especially in the west. Heck Lebron took the same amount of years to reach the playoffs if I am not mistaken and he was in a terrible conference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, headband or not, or the reasons. It's all mumbo jumbo. He made them enough money and brought them 2 ships. They better let him wear his damn headband

LeBron Haters will always come up w/ some kinda ammo to fuel their hatred of him. Especially fans of the team he had the cojones to walk away from.