• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you fail t understand is that what will be 75% of a max contract this year - will be probably les than 50% of a max conract 2 years from now. a couple years from now a 15 million dollar big men will be a good player but by no means a great player. max contract is going to be like 32 million or so in a couple yeras once the cap reaches 106-108 million

That is why he will be well worth the 13-14 million he gets this ofseason.

That theory can be applied to any signing this summer.
He's not worth 13+ next season for SURE, and even if a max becomes 30M in 2 years, he's still not productive enough to merit a 50% super max contract.

If Love stays, he's going to sign a 1 year deal, then the 30M the following season.
Same with James.
Kyrie will be at 20.
Now you add T.T to make 95?

That's 4 players.

How's it going to work?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! Guys! After watching this game I just figured something out! Turns out, Lebron James is really good at basketball.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These announcers saying T.T. is worth more than 13M/yr. :lol:

Ask any GM that isn't under LeBrons watchful eye if they'd give it to him.

It would be a unanimous 0/29.

He is the best offensive rebounder in the game, that being said not worth anything close $13 :laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the best offensive rebounder in the game, that being said not worth anything close $13 :laugh3:

He's a very good offensive rebounder BUT when he enters the game his only job is to basically try for rebounds.
Most teams don't have the luxury to designate a player for just that purpose.
If he was on Sacramento he'd be Jason Thompson.

Put Jason Thomson next to LeBron and he'd be a household name.

Thompson is worth 6-8M, depending, IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a very good offensive rebounder BUT when he enters the game his only job is to basically try for rebounds.
Most teams don't have the luxury to designate a player for just that purpose.
If he was on Sacramento he'd be Jason Thompson.

Put Jason Thomson next to LeBron and he'd be a household name.

Thompson is worth 6-8M, depending, IMO.

your crazy- a bum like Chris Anderson makes like 5-6 million a year

An NBA big man with any kind of talent makes about 10M a season right now- once the 106M dollar cap is out there? a guy like a Varejao, or a Thompson- a guy who is not an all star- but is a darn good player=- is going to make like 14-15 million a year- it just is what it is- thats the price for those type of guys in the very near future- and the majoririty of Thompsons next contract will be under the next deal

I mean- we shall see- as a restricted free agent the Cavs can match- so we will see the contracts that other teams offer- i guarantee you he gets at least 14 million a year.

The guy is only , what 23 or 24 years old? has not even entered his prime- and has shown that he can be a very good rebounder, defender and pick and roll player....and seriously- he is one of the top 3 offensive rebounders in the league. If he got 35 minutes a night hed be a very efficient double double guy that plays great D.

just look at the going rate for bigs around the NBA that have gotten passed their rookie deals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shocked that James Jones had 17 points...a lot of people on here said he was done for and should not even be waiving a towell on the bench.

If he does not score another point all season he will have made his money on just that one game. Delly with 3 3 pointers and 9 assists came up big too-----

that bench that everyone said sucked on the Cavs- well their 2 best bench players entered the starting lineup=- and the Cavs STILL had 2 bench players step p tonight.....

Shumpert played very well again too.....what a tough player.

This is going to be a great series - i have no clue who is gonna win- id like to say its the Cavs- but both teams have compelling cases to make- Chicago looked great in Game 1, Cleveland in game 2- it would be fun to have a really really close game in game 3....... (all though in game 1 if lebron does not play like crap the cavs couldve def won that game)

Bulls fans- whats up with Noah? This guy was one of the best in the league last year...he does not look like the player he usually is.....Jimmy Butler is just a phenomonal player too...wow what a talent to get so late in the draft....just amazing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shocked that James Jones had 17 points...a lot of people on here said he was done for and should not even be waiving a towell on the bench.

If he does not score another point all season he will have made his money on just that one game. Delly with 3 3 pointers and 9 assists came up big too-----

that bench that everyone said sucked on the Cavs- well their 2 best bench players entered the starting lineup=- and the Cavs STILL had 2 bench players step p tonight.....

This is going to be a great series - i have no clue who is gonna win- id like to say its the Cavs- but both teams have compelling cases to make- Chicago looked great in Game 1, Cleveland in game 2- it would be fun to have a really really close game in game 3....... (all though in game 1 if lebron does not play like crap the cavs couldve def won that game)

Bulls fans- whats up with Noah? This guy was one of the best in the league last year...he does not look like the player he usually is.....Jimmy Butler is just a phenomonal player too...wow what a talent to get so late in the draft....just amazing.

Everyone knows that Jones can shoot.
What's shocking is that Noah can't exploit him on the other end.

And, like I've said, live by the 3, die by the 3. Bulls will live with it.
The shots Jones and Delly made tonight were basically insignificant.
Game was over before it started.

Game 3 winner wins series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You aren't objective about anything.
Totally homer and 100% glass full.

You might justify overpaying T.T. if you had Wiggins and weren't overpaying Love, but as I pointed out ( and you ignored), having 95M in those 4 players really won't work based on upcoming cap projections.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that Jones can shoot.
What's shocking is that Noah can't exploit him on the other end.

And, like I've said, live by the 3, die by the 3. Bulls will live with it.
The shots Jones and Delly made tonight were basically insignificant.
Game was over before it started.

Game 3 winner wins series?

Well apparently the Cavs lived or died by the 3 the whole year. With Lebron attacking as much as they did it can get some good 3 point shooters open. If open Miller could get hot. He just sucks at everything else though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In so many ways, this was the inverse of Game 1.

Yes... the Bulls made a lot of shots in Game 1 because of good offense/poor defense... but they shot a very high percentage, even accounting for that... and they made a lot of well-contested shots. They started 9/12 from 3. Today they couldn't even make a lot of their open shots. Part of that was adjustments by the Cavs, part was just missing shots.

Yes... the Cavs offense was improved from Game 1... but some of it was just shots going in. Game 1, they missed a lot of open 3's... Game 2 they made most of them and even some contested ones. I believe they started 9/15 from 3.

Also... in both games the team that was losing showed great poise and resolve, I thought. Neither of these teams look like they'll ever panic. But.... in both cases the winning team responded well to every run.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread... a lot of posters want to give Bulls 100% credit for the made shots in Game 1... and dismiss 100% the Cavs made shots in Game 2.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the series that if the Cavs could split the first 2 they would have the momentum going into game 3... and I think I'm right.

Normally you wouldn't say that about the Home team splitting the first 2... but this is a unique situation. They adjusted to the loss of 2 missing starters... saw what they're capable of without them... and now have the added boost of one of those starters returning.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum is the most overrated word in a series. There is no momentum from game to game. Momentum only exist during games but does not carry over

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum is the most overrated word in a series. There is no momentum from game to game. Momentum only exist during games but does not carry over

I agree with what you're saying to an extent... but the current state of the series does have an effect on the belief/confidence of a team... especially the role players.

Most stars are going to be supremely confident and believe in themselves no matter what, but their belief in their teammates and their teammates belief in themselves is a fluid thing, IMO.

Its not so much momentum from the game itself... but from where the series sits. Being 1-1 instead of 2-0 and having a starter return to the lineup is the momentum I'm talking about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread... a lot of posters want to give Bulls 100% credit for the made shots in Game 1... and dismiss 100% the Cavs made shots in Game 2.

Not me.
I said during game 1 that I thought Rose was shooting too much.
Bulls lack of FT attempts tells me they aren't/ weren't properly attacking.

That being said, things tend to start evening out when they become the home team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the series that if the Cavs could split the first 2 they would have the momentum going into game 3... and I think I'm right.

Normally you wouldn't say that about the Home team splitting the first 2... but this is a unique situation. They adjusted to the loss of 2 missing starters... saw what they're capable of without them... and now have the added boost of one of those starters returning.

We shall see.
Depends on which Smith they get. He can shoot you into a game but also the opposite.

Much bigger issue is condition of Shumpert.
He played his best 2 games of the season.

Bulls should come out crazed tomorrow.
I think Noah will be better tomorrow.
I know how James will respond.
Forget Boston.
Tomorrow is the real first test for the rest of them.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Thibbs butts heads with GarPax. Who on the Cavs is gonna cover Niko? The entire worry was who will cover Love. Now the bulls have that stretch 4 that the Cavs have no answer to and Thibbs refuses to play him down 22. Get Niko hot and you probably get Marion to play him, which takes that rebounder off the floor.

Wide open threes and Dunleavy, Noah, Rose cant keep a hand in shooters faces. Bulls looked satisfied to get a split, set the fire for the cavs to sweep the next three.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free throws this series irving 21 rose 0
This is what crazy and they both have driven to the basket around the same amount. That's how you know the Refs are doing a bad job. Even Thibs said something.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cream always rises to the top

Lebron with his headband back is like superman adding his cape...it was a nice try Bulls but it looks like another gentleman sweep again
I guess team unity when out the window. This Is why James will never be mention in the top 5. The guy is a joke sometimes(He is like the Arod of baseball when he talks). 3 days ago he had this whole speech about not wearing the headband because of team unity. Well that lasted 1 game. LOL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good news for the bulls that was the Cavs played their best game of the year and Best playoff career games for Iman, Jones, Dellavedora. Plus james only puts on a game like this 1-2 times a series. So we got one out of the way. This was also the worst games for the Bulls. So lets be happy they got that one out of the way.

Oh yeah we still got home court advantage and the goal was to get out of here 1-1. Mission accomplished. So far its looking good for Bulls winning in 6.