• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a max player, well he will be. Why wouldnt they be able to get LA if they will sign Love to a max contract anyway?
Because you can go over with your own player. U cant sign a player to a max from another team unless if its a sign and trade. NBA is weird like that. NBA allows you to go over the cap to keep your own players. u do get hit with a penalty.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you can go over with your own player. U cant sign a player to a max from another team unless if its a sign and trade. NBA is weird like that. NBA allows you to go over the cap to keep your own players. u do get hit with a penalty.

That's not unique to Cleveland, though. Portland can give him more than anyone else because they have his Larry Bird rights. Only way someone can equal the max Portland can give is via sign and trade.

Just like how only Cavs can give Love the full max, because they have his bird rights.

Usually, the sign-and-trade isn't that difficult if the player is intent on leaving one way or another. Their original team would rather get something than nothing if they're gonna lose the player either way.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a weird way he does help, guarding Gasol.

It isnt excuses. I didnt expect a title before the season and wont now. The facts are they are missing 3 important parts now, well 2, I wont count Varajeo.

Missing JR is not an excuse at all. The Cavs took the risk of trading for a player with some history and now there are paying the consequence. They are lucky he is only missing two games.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worries after Game 1:
- Gasol is a big problem for the Cavs. He will have no problem continuing to knock down that 12-15 footer.
- Rose looks as "back" as he ever has. Hitting jumpshots and 3's, too.

My looking-on-the-brightside after Game 1:
- The Bulls shot lights out. I just don't see them shooting that well collectively, consistently. Yes, they were getting good looks... but they were shooting lights out even for that. What was it 9-12 from 3 at one point?
- Kyrie was aggressive and successful getting to the rim. He had some very un-Kyrie-like missed layups in the first half... but then settled into his normal mode as one of the best finishers.

My one sentence summation of the game:
The Bulls used great offense and hot shooting to jump out to a big lead... and then answered every single Cavs run with a great run of their own throughout the entire game.

Nope sorry, D Rose is older and not as good/effective/LMAO :pound:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These are hilarious

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to catch game 1 (I know, terrible person I am). I thought we would drop one of the first two home games but losing G1makes G2 a must win situation.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to catch game 1 (I know, terrible person I am). I thought we would drop one of the first two home games but losing G1makes G2 a must win situation.
From the highlights it seemed like Mike Miller played shit D and the team was out of synch missing Love and JR.

Anyone want to give me a quick run down on how things went?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the highlights it seemed like Mike Miller played shit D and the team was out of synch missing Love and JR.

Miami cutting Mike Miller upset LeBron and certainly didn't help Miami's case in free agency. The biggest issue for the Cavs (outside of Love) is having to rely on JR Smith to be a consistent contributor now. It was one thing when they had the big 3... but now they need him to step up and history has shown he can't do that in any consistent way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs’ defensive breakdowns led to multiple open shots for the Bulls — and they didn’t miss. Of the Bulls’ 80 attempts Monday, 24 of them were classified as “wide open,” meaning there wasn’t a defender within six feet of the shooter, according to the league’s tracking data.

Half of the Bulls’ shots were classified as “open,” meaning a defender wasn’t within four feet. They shot 61 percent on those “open” shots.

In their first-round series against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Bulls averaged 14 “wide open” shots per game and shot 44 percent on “open” shots.

“In our offense, anybody can shoot the ball,” Rose said Tuesday. “For me, it’s just making sure everybody is in the right spot so I can dictate the offense.”

The Cavs, conversely, struggled to get as many open shots and couldn’t make the ones they did. Fifteen of the Cavs’ 81 shots came without a defender within six feet. They only shot 33 percent (11-of-33) on “open” shots.

They consistently shot 30 or more 3-pointers during the regular season with both Love and J.R. Smith in the lineup, but made just 7-of-26 3-point attempts on Monday. Still, Blatt and James both thought the majority of the shots from deep were the correct shots.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs’ defensive breakdowns led to multiple open shots for the Bulls — and they didn’t miss. Of the Bulls’ 80 attempts Monday, 24 of them were classified as “wide open,” meaning there wasn’t a defender within six feet of the shooter, according to the league’s tracking data.

Half of the Bulls’ shots were classified as “open,” meaning a defender wasn’t within four feet. They shot 61 percent on those “open” shots.

In their first-round series against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Bulls averaged 14 “wide open” shots per game and shot 44 percent on “open” shots.

“In our offense, anybody can shoot the ball,” Rose said Tuesday. “For me, it’s just making sure everybody is in the right spot so I can dictate the offense.”

The Cavs, conversely, struggled to get as many open shots and couldn’t make the ones they did. Fifteen of the Cavs’ 81 shots came without a defender within six feet. They only shot 33 percent (11-of-33) on “open” shots.

They consistently shot 30 or more 3-pointers during the regular season with both Love and J.R. Smith in the lineup, but made just 7-of-26 3-point attempts on Monday. Still, Blatt and James both thought the majority of the shots from deep were the correct shots.
Thank you for the run down. Was it a correctable game or could this be an ugly series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the run down. Was it a correctable game or could this be an ugly series?

I copied/pasted that from an Ohio.com article.

As far as your question, Im not sure if you can correct being undersized, short handed, and some of your defensive problems.

Kryrie is showing that he's an elite offensive player, and you figure James will have a few monster games.

It's really hard for me to trust the a Bulls and especially Rose.

Cavs have a decision to make. Starting Miller or Jones is much more likely to get them in trouble vs being successful.

So, do you start Perk or Delly?

I'm thinking they go Perk.

IMO, for the Cavs to win, James needs to come out in Game 6 Celtics mode from 2 years ago.
If he doesn't play at or near that level, Bulls win the series.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I copied/pasted that from an Ohio.com article.

As far as your question, Im not sure if you can correct being undersized, short handed, and some of your defensive problems.

Kryrie is showing that he's an elite offensive player, and you figure James will have a few monster games.

It's really hard for me to trust the a Bulls and especially Rose.

Cavs have a decision to make. Starting Miller or Jones is much more likely to get them in trouble vs being successful.

So, do you start Perk or Delly?

I'm thinking they go Perk.

IMO, for the Cavs to win, James needs to come out in Game 6 Celtics mode from 2 years ago.
If he doesn't play at or near that level, Bulls win the series.
I agree I like Perk and Del to start. Blatt being a rookie coach really scares me

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miller sucked. Cavs couldn't defend. Gasol owned. JFB made LeBrons life hell.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a correctable game or could this be an ugly series?

Depends. The Cavs have Lebron and so far, Kyrie seems to be taking to the playoffs like a fish to water. But they will need other guys to step up and help them out. JR coming back could help if he just comes back and plays his role. If he tries to be a hero, it could get ugly.

The thing that would concern me most if I were a Cavs fan is that the Bulls were in control for the entire game. Even when the Cavs would get close, it never felt like the Bulls were in danger of losing.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. The Cavs have Lebron and so far, Kyrie seems to be taking to the playoffs like a fish to water. But they will need other guys to step up and help them out. JR coming back could help if he just comes back and plays his role. If he tries to be a hero, it could get ugly.

The thing that would concern me most if I were a Cavs fan is that the Bulls were in control for the entire game. Even when the Cavs would get close, it never felt like the Bulls were in danger of losing.

Who seems to be the biggest disappointment from game on and concer moving on.

And did Moz handle trier bigs well?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who seems to be the biggest disappointment from game on and concer moving on.

And did Moz handle trier bigs well?

Honestly. I'd be concerned about everyone except Lebron, Kyrie and Shumpert. The 3 of them were responsible for 71 of the Cavs 92 points. Gasol pretty much did whatever he wanted, but the Cavs were able to keep Noah and Gibson in check. If not for that, it would have been really ugly.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. I'd be concerned about everyone except Lebron, Kyrie and Shumpert. The 3 of them were responsible for 71 of the Cavs 92 points. Gasol pretty much did whatever he wanted, but the Cavs were able to keep Noah and Gibson in check. If not for that, it would have been really ugly.
A chair could keep noah in check.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Miller was a very bad idea by Blatt. He got killed in game one. I have a feeling he wont see the court as much. Put him against the 2nd team. I been saying this Cavs need to play Perk against Gasol. At least give it a try. Cavs need to play way better D to have a shot or have to be super Hot at shooting. that's the only 2 ways they will win.

I like the Bulls chances. You can see this team is on a mission. I think this Bulls team knows they don't have much more time with this group. Bulls will make a decision on Thibs, Noah or Gibson will have to get traded soon and Mike Dunleavy is getting old. We still have Gasol for 3 more years.

If Bulls comes out with the same fire as game 1 I think they can take this game. We will find out if Blatt is a good coach tonight. If he doesn't make any changes the guy is clueless.