• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller sucked. Cavs couldn't defend. Gasol owned. JFB made LeBrons life hell.

Not really, it was the double teams. Lebron could get to the hoop some of the time, missed a bunch of usual gimmes and open shots.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realitically, the Bulls started red hot, I guess a continuation of the Bucks Game 6 but the Cavs were still in it late even playing bad.

I cant see the Bulls playing better than they did early and Lebron playing any worse. Rose wont shoot that good in the whole series, I mean his jumpshot.

I'm not worried, well just a little.

While Kyrie was getting anything he wanted at the hoop, Rose was mostly settling, other than early, but he was making the shots. I will take that all day if the Cavs lose.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is getting the start.

Good. He's gonna be finishing alley-oops and cleaning up missed shots while Noah is off overhelping all over the place on defense.

Also frees up LeBron to play D elsewhere (like on Mike-I'mgonnahitfive3sinthefirstqtr-Dunleavy or Bulter or Rose). With the way Noah has been playing... no need to have LeBron guarding him.

Weakens the bench... but this is a win-now game so screw the bench. The cavs can have a bench in game 3 when they get their starter back from suspension.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they can let TT stick with Gasol at times on defense and take away that 12 footer... leaving Moz to protect the paint

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting 6 minute breakdown of the Bulls pick and roll offense from Game 1. I found it to be unbiased and informative.

Cavs are going to need to come in tonight with a good strategy for defending the pick and roll and stick with it.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is getting the start.

Good. He's gonna be finishing alley-oops and cleaning up missed shots while Noah is off overhelping all over the place on defense.

Also frees up LeBron to play D elsewhere (like on Mike-I'mgonnahitfive3sinthefirstqtr-Dunleavy or Bulter or Rose). With the way Noah has been playing... no need to have LeBron guarding him.

Weakens the bench... but this is a win-now game so screw the bench. The cavs can have a bench in game 3 when they get their starter back from suspension.
TT has had a great playoffs so far

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, it was the double teams. Lebron could get to the hoop some of the time, missed a bunch of usual gimmes and open shots.
I agree, I think LBJ had chances. Don't get me wrong Butler did a good job but LBJ missed some easy ones. I don't know if anyone notices this but LBJ does not play top offensive player anymore. He does spot duties. I don't know if its a age thing or to give him rest so he can have more energy on offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realitically, the Bulls started red hot, I guess a continuation of the Bucks Game 6 but the Cavs were still in it late even playing bad.

I cant see the Bulls playing better than they did early and Lebron playing any worse. Rose wont shoot that good in the whole series, I mean his jumpshot.

I'm not worried, well just a little.

While Kyrie was getting anything he wanted at the hoop, Rose was mostly settling, other than early, but he was making the shots. I will take that all day if the Cavs lose.
Irving got most of his points off Hinrich and Brooks. I think they said when Rose was on him he only scored like 10pts. So I hope Thibs doesn't play Hinrich many mins on Irving again.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting 6 minute breakdown of the Bulls pick and roll offense from Game 1. I found it to be unbiased and informative.

Cavs are going to need to come in tonight with a good strategy for defending the pick and roll and stick with it.

To be honest Cavs should do what the Bucks did against Gasol. Double down on him everytime he gets the ball. Gasol didn't have great numbers. Yes Bucks are more athletic but its worth a shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think LBJ had chances. Don't get me wrong Butler did a good job but LBJ missed some easy ones. I don't know if anyone notices this but LBJ does not play top offensive player anymore. He does spot duties. I don't know if its a age thing or to give him rest so he can have more energy on offense.

Yeah, true. Well Kyrie is such a great ballhandler and runs the offense well that Lebron takes a seat often. It seems to work, but Lebron needs his old mentality more now in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving got most of his points off Hinrich and Brooks. I think they said when Rose was on him he only scored like 10pts. So I hope Thibs doesn't play Hinrich many mins on Irving again.

The only PG that has a chance to guard Kyrie is DRose and he has done a pretty good job so far

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, true. Well Kyrie is such a great ballhandler and runs the offense well that Lebron takes a seat often. It seems to work, but Lebron needs his old mentality more now in the playoffs.

James prob tries to go wild tonight, which in turn will prob hurt Kyries game.

I don't think James is going down in any role other then the captain of the ship.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think James is going down in any role other then the captain of the ship.

Honestly, Kyrie is the best scorer on the floor, not the best player. He is still young, but Lebron needs to have one of his takeover games tonight. Just to make a statement, "I'm still here, and still the best."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Kyrie is the best scorer on the floor, not the best player. He is still young, but Lebron needs to have one of his takeover games tonight. Just to make a statement, "I'm still here, and still the best."

I agree.
Kyrie's game looks vastly improved.
Is it just experience?
Is it playing with James?

I think it's a combination.

Whatever it is, he does appear to be a steal locked into a max at the lower salary standard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.
Kyrie's game looks vastly improved.
Is it just experience?
Is it playing with James?

I think it's a combination.

Whatever it is, he does appear to be a steal locked into a max at the lower salary standard.

A little of both. I think he is the best finisher in the NBA, especially with his left. He is fun to watch, just like Lebron in his younger days.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quote from Lebron:
I think I may have to change my mindset a little bit obviously with Kev out. It's something we all haven't been accustomed to this year with him being out for an extensive period or another of the big 3 being out for a long period of time since I had my injuries. It might be a different mindset for myself and Kyrie. I've never went into a game thinking 'Ok I'm going to be ultra-aggressive.' I've always had to feel things out, but last night was a little too much feel out. I only had two shots at one point. I was just not as aggressive offensively as I was defensively.

Is Lebron saying he needs to quit trying to feel out and start trying to feel in? :whistle:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only PG that has a chance to guard Kyrie is DRose and he has done a pretty good job so far
Yeah Rose does an ok job. Don't get me wrong Irving will get his but rose makes irving work for it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little of both. I think he is the best finisher in the NBA, especially with his left. He is fun to watch, just like Lebron in his younger days.
Wont say best finisher but one of the tops. Westbrook and Harden are really good.